Walker's Wedding by Lori Copeland

Walker's Wedding

by Lori Copeland

The Western Sky Series #3
  peacelutheran | Feb 10, 2013 |
It is not often I read a series and each book just gets better and better, but in this series I think this last book was the best! (And they were all good). It was a very romantic western with a story line that I always enjoy, which is about a mail-order bride. I like the way the author started the book and the depiction you get when you read about Walker McKay. "He had it made: no interfering woman to tell him what to wear, when to eat, or whom to eat with. His life was his own, and he had no intention of changing it." His philosophy was, "women were good for just two things: cooking and childbearing and not necessarily in that order." He ran a ranch, led a good lifestyle, enjoyed hunting and fishing and had no interest in getting married. But when a bull almost kills him, he realizes his need to get serious about marrying and having some children to carry on his name, so he orders a mail-order bride.

Sarah Livingston is the heiress to a wealthy railroad father and she wants nothing more than to get married and raise children, but her and her father cannot agree on who she should marry. So Sarah decides to run away. On the train she comes across a mail-order bride who doesn't want to go through with it and Sarah offers to take her place. So Sarah shows up to finally get married and raise children with Walker McKay. From here on out it is a challenge for Sarah to get Walker to love her, but a challenge she is very up to. I loved her determination and the way they were made for each other. But Walker is a hard man to let down his guard and when he finally does he will discover Sarah has lied to him. Forgiveness is not one of Walker's better qualities and it will take a near death experience to get him to realize he really does love this woman.

I really enjoyed the chemistry between these two main characters. It was one of the stories that it was hard for me to put down until I had read it all. Did I know how it was going to end. Yes. But it sure was fun reading how it all comes together. As the back of the book says, this was "a tender romance that shows how even a wounded past does not stand a chance when God's mercy, warm friendship, and true love come to reside in a lonely man's heart." This would be a book I could easily read again. ( )
  judyg54 | Oct 1, 2012 |
This was a great story and I'll bet the original one was pretty hot. I really enjoyed the romantic tension in the story and though it had a fairly typical plot, it unraveled in unique and interesting ways. It was hard to put down and I read it quickly. ( )
  MichelleSutton | Jul 15, 2010 |
"Walker's Wedding", by Lori Copeland, is a delightful, well-paced Western Romance that will keep you smiling. A "Mail Order Bride" story with more than a few twists and turns, "Walker's Wedding" is funny, sweet, surprising and most of all, a wonderful reminder that the Lord has a plan for all of us. We just need to keep an open mind and a loving heart available when the right person steps into our life. What we wish for is not always what comes our way, but sometimes what we are lucky enough to receive is even more than what we dreamed. Highly recommended. This was my first book by Ms. Copeland, and it won't be my last. After reading "Walker's Wedding", I immediately checked out the backlist from this very talented author!

Review copy provided at no charge by Harvest House ( )
  gincam | Jul 10, 2010 |
Prologue

Wyoming Territory, April 1870

"S.H., I need a wife about as much as I need a square-dancing bull." Walker McKay released the steer he'd just branded and shoved his dusty Stetson to the back of his head.

Bestselling author Lori Copeland (Outlaw's Bride and A Kiss for Cade) weaves together elements of another classic Western romance with themes of redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.

Abandoned by his fiancée hours before their wedding, Walker McKay is determined to never let a woman near his heart again, but he needs an heir to inherit his ranch after he is gone. Courting someone new is out of the question, so he'll have to find a wife another way.

Formerly titled Marrying Walker McKay, rewritten for the inspirational market.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:14 -0400)

Abandoned by his fiancee hours before their wedding, Walker McKay is determined to never let a woman near his heart again, but he needs an heir to inherit his ranch after he is gone. Courting someone new is out of the question, so he'll have to find a wife another way. Wealthy heiress Sara Livingston wants to be married, but her suitors are deemed unsuitable by her unreasonable father. When the opportunity to fill the bill for a mail-order bride comes her way, she grabs onto it with both hands. Will Sara's deception and Walker's wounded heart keep them from finding what they are looking for? Or are they truly meant for one another? This book has been rewritten and material added to it.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,149,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible