Bartimaeus: The Ring of Solomon by Jonathan…

Bartimaeus: The Ring of Solomon (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Jonathan Stroud (Author)

Member:readafew
Title:Bartimaeus: The Ring of Solomon
Authors:Jonathan Stroud (Author)
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:VerDimen, Your library, Read Tracking List
Tags:Fantasy, Young Adult, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, #0, >HC, Summoning, Dijinn, Djinni, Novel, My Scan, Read 2012, Solomon

The Ring of Solomon by Jonathan Stroud (2010)

English (32)  German (3)  Indonesian (1)  All languages (36)
Such wit! A worthy addition to the Bartimaeus series. I chuckled throughout.
  Panopticon2 | Sep 14, 2014 |
Bartimaeus reigns again in this hilarious and thrilling prequel! Very funny, extremely well-written and so exciting! Join our favorite djinni-about-town on an ancient adventure. ( )
  RStrickman | Jul 15, 2014 |
Bartimaeus is back! This is the fourth novel featuring the willful, sarcastic Djinni and he is in fine form indeed. Set before the Bartimaeus Trilogy ("Amulet of Samarkand" etc) this tale focuses on King Solomon. A powerful Egyptian king who keeps his people in check by possessing a very strong spirit, trapped in a ring. Bartimaeus is at his typically irreverent best, savaging his master with his cutting wit and sharp tongue. This does not lead him to make many friends, and indeed leads to him falling into the grasp of an assasssin, a young woman sent to kill the king. Charged with an utterly hopeless mission, with sure death as its goal, Bartimaeus takes it all in his (grudging and sarcastic) stride and gives us a most entertaining tale indeed. ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |
I listened to this on cd and the narrator was so good that it took what would probably be to me a 3.5-4 star book to five stars. I liked the plot better than the first three books and those were great, too. What makes them fantastic is Bartimaeus and his sarcasm, wit, and his whole put-upon-but-secretly-I-don't-mind attitude.

I wish Stroud would write more in this series. ( )
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

I wish Stroud would write more in this series. ( )
  maybedog | Apr 5, 2013 |

Jonathan Stroudprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cravero, RiccardoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jones, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Arthur, with love
Sunset, above the olive groves.

Wise-cracking djinni Bartimaeus finds himself at the court of King Solomon with an unpleasant master, a sinister servant, and King Solomon's magic ring.

161 wanted5 pay5 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,960,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible