Schweinehunde: Kriminalroman (Konrad…

Schweinehunde: Kriminalroman (Konrad Simonsen 1) (original 2010; edition 2011)

by Lotte Hammer (Autor)

Series: Konrad Simonsen (1)

"One morning before school, two children find the naked bodies of five men hanging from the gym ceiling. The case leads detective Konrad Simonsen and his murder squad to the school janitor, who may know more about the killings than he is telling. Soon, Simonsen realizes that each of the five murdered men had a dark and terrible secret in common. And when Simonsen's own daughter is targeted, he must race to find the culprit before his whole world is destroyed. Published in twenty countries around the world, with more than 150,000 copies sold in Denmark alone, this book introduces a brother and sister duo who have taken the thriller world by storm. Fast-paced, suspenseful, and brilliantly written, The Hanging is a stunning crime novel from two authors whose international fame is exploding. "--… (more)
Member:Buecher15
Title:Schweinehunde: Kriminalroman (Konrad Simonsen 1)
Authors:Lotte Hammer (Autor)
Info:Knaur eBook (2011), Edition: 1, 550 pages

The Hanging by Lotte Hammer (2010)

Recently added byLin456, Demeander, Buecher15, dmwald, Gesa-Marie, private library, Rivaton, kebruce, masksoferis, slk33

English (9)  Dutch (2)  Danish (2)  German (1)  All languages (14)
Interesting plot. Quite ambitious for a debut novel. The dialogs often felt stilted and drab - the translation is horrible. ( )
  MarkusIrl | May 13, 2020 |
Found on a book exchange shelf where I was leaving a BookCrossing book. I started reading it during the election season, and found life grim enough that I didn't want it in my reading, too. Will try again some day.

Released unfinished.
  bookczuk | Oct 21, 2016 |
This had all the ingredients of a good story, but I found it hard going. The translation was terrible. I found it hard to follow and was as if conclusions were reached without any real research or evidence. The plot was certainly good, but the way it played out was not great. This book felt as if it was never going to end and it was disappointing. ( )
  Hanneri | Jul 21, 2016 |
A little hard to follow. Hard to tell if it is the writing style or the translation. ( )
  mgriel | Jan 18, 2016 |
well, it took forever to get this book. I mean months and months. I was excited to start reading it until I started reading it. The theme of child abuse is what kept me reading, thinking and why the 3 stars instead of just 2.

two kids find five naked men hanging from their school's gym ceiling. Detective Konrad Simonsen is on the case. Is the killer the school janitor who knows more than he wants to tell?
Detective Konrad finds out all the dead men have deep dark secrets and maybe even his daughter has some too.
The dialogue is off and somehow stilted, I don't know if this is because of the translation, maybe the editing or if this is the way the authors, a brother sister duo talk. The characters are interesting enough. I usually love page turning Nordic thrillers, this was not it. ( )
  annie.michelle | Mar 4, 2014 |

Lotte Hammerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hammer, Sørenmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Crespo, RodrigoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Segerberg, EbbaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Information from the Danish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

Minotaur Books

An edition of this book was published by Minotaur Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,809,083 books! | Top bar: Always visible