Legacy (2010)

by Danielle Steel

This compelling, centuries spanning novel brilliantly interweaves the lives of two women, a writer working in the heart of modern academia and a daring young Sioux Indian on an incredible journey in the eighteenth century. The result is an unforgettable story of courage in the face of the unknown.
Recently added byUofSPlayers, TateTito, bcsclibrary, Arina40, private library, a.m.issy

Typical Danielle. Nice story with a different twist. The novel is part current and part past history as told from the point of view of someone in the 1700's. ( )
  soosthemoose | Jul 24, 2020 |
I began this book over the summer of 2012. I powered through the majority of it in less than two days; I only picked it up and finished it today. I don't even remember why it took me so long to pick it up again.
Nothing new in this book for longtime Steel readers. It may encourage people to research the First Peoples of their area; I don't expect it to change anyone's life. ( )
  DeborahJ2016 | Oct 26, 2016 |
VEry much enjoyeed - wasn't sure as I am not a fan of historical but the way she weaved it in was perfect. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Review to be posted shortly ( )
  suefitz1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
I've enjoyed a couple of Danielle Steel's books in the distant past, but couldn't get beyond the first few chapters. It seemed as if she'd realized how popular genealogy was and decided to throw together something relating to it. It was very slow and boring and even though she spent a lot of time attempting to develop her main character, there was no depth.

Many of the sentences were poorly constructed. One example from page 77 - "The artifacts at the institute were ancient and fragile, and had been carefully preserved, and once again Brigitte was able to find a librarian, who in this case was not just helpful, but fascinated by the story Brigitte told". I don't mind long sentences, but...she should fire her editor.

I wanted to like it and I very rarely fail to finish a book. My mother recommended this to me as I've been an avid genealogist for over 20 years, but that wasn't enough to hold my interest. ( )
  eliselb | May 30, 2012 |
To my beloved children: Beatrix, Trevor, Todd, Nick, Sam, Victoria, Vanessa, Maxx, and Zara, May the paths you travel always lead you to your dreams, to courage, to freedom, and to peace. And may you find a kindred spirit, like Wachiwi, to inspire you. With all my heart and love, Mommy/d.s.
There was a heavy snowfall that had started the night before as Brigitte Nicholson sat at her desk in the admissions office of Boston University, meticulously going over applications.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,822,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible