Legacy: A Novel by Danielle Steel

Legacy: A Novel (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Danielle Steel

Member:BackyardHorse
Title:Legacy: A Novel
Authors:Danielle Steel
Info:Delacorte Press (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:***

Legacy by Danielle Steel (2010)

VEry much enjoyeed - wasn't sure as I am not a fan of historical but the way she weaved it in was perfect. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
I didn't care a fig for the Brigitte character, but I loved Wawichi. I guess DS didn't think the Wawichi material was enough for a whole book (or perhaps the publishers thought this) so it got bulked up with the completely boring Brigitte story. ( )
  topperarnold | Jul 3, 2013 |
Review to be posted shortly ( )
  suefitz1 | Apr 3, 2013 |
I've enjoyed a couple of Danielle Steel's books in the distant past, but couldn't get beyond the first few chapters. It seemed as if she'd realized how popular genealogy was and decided to throw together something relating to it. It was very slow and boring and even though she spent a lot of time attempting to develop her main character, there was no depth.

Many of the sentences were poorly constructed. One example from page 77 - "The artifacts at the institute were ancient and fragile, and had been carefully preserved, and once again Brigitte was able to find a librarian, who in this case was not just helpful, but fascinated by the story Brigitte told". I don't mind long sentences, but...she should fire her editor.

I wanted to like it and I very rarely fail to finish a book. My mother recommended this to me as I've been an avid genealogist for over 20 years, but that wasn't enough to hold my interest. ( )
  eliselb | May 30, 2012 |
This is the story of how Brigette's life is changed from the normal easy make no waves kind if life to one of adventure when she losses her long time boyfriend and job with in days of each other.
She soon sets out to help her mother with the family tree (which she things is boring ) and soon discovers a family member that intrigs her and she sets off to find everything she can bout the Sioux girl in her family tree .. in Paris she finds Marc who helps her after returning to Boston she gets an email for a job in Paris and goes back and starts things with Marc ( )
  dbhutch | Mar 21, 2011 |
To my beloved children: Beatrix, Trevor, Todd, Nick, Sam, Victoria, Vanessa, Maxx, and Zara, May the paths you travel always lead you to your dreams, to courage, to freedom, and to peace. And may you find a kindred spirit, like Wachiwi, to inspire you. With all my heart and love, Mommy/d.s.
There was a heavy snowfall that had started the night before as Brigitte Nicholson sat at her desk in the admissions office of Boston University, meticulously going over applications.

This compelling, centuries spanning novel brilliantly interweaves the lives of two women, a writer working in the heart of modern academia and a daring young Sioux Indian on an incredible journey in the eighteenth century. The result is an unforgettable story of courage in the face of the unknown. Brigitte Nicholson becomes hooked after she discovers a mystery in their family's past: how did a Dakota Sioux princess end up buried in Brittany as a noblewoman alongside a distant relative? Brigitte's quest to learn the story of the Marquise de Margerac (nee Wachiwi) takes her from Salt Lake City to Sioux Falls, S.D., and eventually to Paris, where she meets Marc Henri, a fetching Sorbonne literature professor.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,485,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible