Blockade Billy by Stephen King

Blockade Billy (edition 2010)

by Stephen King (Author)

Info:Cemetery Dance Publications (2010), Edition: 1st, 112 pages
Collections:Read next
Tags:read, borrowed, eBooks, Library Book, Kindle, Fiction, Horror

Blockade Billy by Stephen King

English (78)  Dutch (1)  All languages (79)
Fun, quick read. I read it all at once in about an hour. Very entertaining ( )
  sclint13 | Aug 13, 2018 |
I don't like when King puts himself in the story because it kind of breaks the fourth wall. And while I'm not a sports fan, I've found I enjoy quite a few sports stories, but this one didn't seem to move well and it felt like a sideline in a better story. I feel like I've given god a bad review, and I'm about to be struck by lightening, so I'll leave it at that. ( )
  rosechimera | Mar 16, 2018 |
  rosechimera | Mar 16, 2018 |
Not my favorite Stephen King short story collection, but still masterfully written. Unlike the title suggests there is more than one story included in this book. "Blockade Billy," the gruesome and surprising baseball story is up first, followed by "Morality" which is a chilling tale about how far people will go for money. Both were well written, but neither appealed to me. "Blockade Billy" is definitely geared for the sports fanatic, it contains a lot of heavy duty baseball writing and terminology while "Morality," focuses on money, relationships, and you guessed it... morality. A quick read with good suspenseful build up and witty dialogue. ( )
  ecataldi | Jan 22, 2018 |
very disappointing. Concept was interesting, but writing style was sloppy. Not the typical Stephen King polish ( )
  LaurieGienapp | Dec 8, 2017 |
As King's fiction goes, this suspenseful short is a deftly executed suicide squeeze, with sharp spikes hoisted high and aimed at the jugular on the slide home.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (Apr 5, 2010)

This is for every guy (and gal) who ever put on the gear.
William Blakely?

Long-time baseball fan Stephen King's darkly funny novella of the Golden Age of baseball tells the story of one of the best players ever and why you've never heard of him.

From New York Times bestselling author Stephen King comes the haunting story of Blockade Billy , the greatest Major League baseball player to be erased from the game. Even the most die-hard baseball fans don't know the true story of William "Blockade Billy" Blakely. He may have been the greatest player the game has ever seen, but today no one remembers his name. He was the first--and only--player to have his existence completely removed from the record books. Even his team is long forgotten, barely a footnote in the game's history. Every effort was made to erase any evidence that William Blakely played professional baseball, and with good reason. Blockade Billy had a secret darker than any pill or injection that might cause a scandal in sports today. His secret was much, much worse... and only Stephen King, the most gifted storyteller of our age, can reveal the truth to the world, once and for all.… (more)

Cemetery Dance

An edition of this book was published by Cemetery Dance.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,157,778 books! | Top bar: Always visible