Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich

Twelve Sharp (2006)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (12)

English (89)  Swedish (1)  All languages (90)
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |
Twitter review (140 characters of less):

Ranger is forever my favourite male character after this book. I could not stop reading it. It's funny, intense, and sometimes really sad. ( )
  beearedee | Feb 14, 2015 |
Easily the best of the series so far. Some very real scary moments. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
The best Stephanie Plum Series as loved Ranger's double and the suspense. As always love King's voice on audio. Ranger needs Stephanie for more reasons than he can say. And now, the two are working together to find a killer, rescue a missing child, and stop a lunatic from raising the body count. When Stephanie Plum and Ranger get too close for comfort, Vice Cop Joe Morelli (her on-again, off-again boyfriend) steps in. Read them all! ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 26, 2014 |
Very good. I liked this book in the series. Lots of Stephanie/Ranger interaction which is always yummy ( )
  lushrain | Sep 29, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Woohoo!  To team Evanovich:  Alex, Peter and SuperJen
When I was twelve years old I accidentally substituted salt for sugar in a cake recipe.

Welcome to Trenton, New Jersey, where bounty hunter Stephanie Plum's life is about to implode in Janet Evanovich's wildest, hottest novel yet!

FIRST A STRANGER APPEARS
While chasing down the usual cast of miscreants and weirdos Stephanie discovers that a crazed woman is stalking her.

THEN THE STRANGER REVEALS HER SECRETS
The woman dresses in black, carries a 9mm Glock, and has a bad attitude and a mysterious connection to dark and dangerous Carlos Manoso …street name, Ranger.

NEXT, SOMEBODY DIES
The action turns deadly serious, and Stephanie goes from hunting skips to hunting a murderer.

SOON, THE CHASE IS ON
Ranger needs Stephanie for more reasons than he can say.  And now, the two are working together to find a killer, rescue a missing child, and stop a lunatic from raising the body count.  When Stephanie Plum and Ranger get too close for comfort, vice cop Joe Morelli (her on-again, off-again boyfriend) steps in.

Will the ticking clock stop at the stroke of twelve, or will a stranger in the wind find a way to stop Stephanie Plum…forever?  Filled with Janet Evanovich's trademark action, nonstop adventure, and sharp humor, Twelve Sharp shows why her novels have been called "hot stuff" (The New York Times), and Evanovich herself "the master" (San Francisco Examiner).

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:41:32 -0400)

In Trenton, New Jersey, bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is trying to track down a female stalker.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,747,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible