Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich

Twelve Sharp (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Member:joeeasterly
Title:Twelve Sharp
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:Audio Renaissance (2006), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Collections:Fiction & Literature, Audiobooks
Tags:mystery fiction, crime

Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum, No. 12) by Janet Evanovich (2006)

English (98)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  All languages (100)
It wasn't terrible. There were some laugh out loud moments but the series is barely a shell of the funny it used to be. I only read this because I enjoyed The Heist and thought maybe I could get back into the series. It will probably be a long time before I read another. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
BOTTOM-LINE:
A little different from the norm, not a bad thing
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Ranger's daughter is kidnapped and Stephanie wants to help. Of course, the arrival of Ranger's supposed wife puts a small crimp in their relationship. And a fake extra Ranger.
WHAT I LIKED:
The extra help around the office is fun, as is the interviewing of extra bounty hounters. And Ranger is acting very un-Ranger-like, very off balance which is interesting.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
The whole extra storyline with Lulu, Sweet, Grandma and a band was pretty extraneous
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Sep 27, 2017 |
This was a good one in the series, we learn more about the mysterious Ranger. ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
Book twelve (ish) in Evanovich's long-running series about Stephanie Plum, the bounty hunter who's not afraid to admit she's pretty bad at her job. This one kicks off with a strange woman coming after Stephanie while making a surprising claim about Stephanie's occasional bounty-hunting partner and lust interest, Ranger.

I've been thinking for a while that this series is getting kind of stale for me, but I have to say, I enjoyed this one more than I have the last few. It might be that I was just in exactly the right mood for it, but I found the humor consistently humorous and the plot actually pretty interesting. Kind of ridiculous, mind you, and, as usual, wrapped up a little too quickly at the end. But interesting.

Still not liking the eternal love triangle of doom, though. I might be inclined to resign myself to the fact that it's not going away and just relax and accept it for the sexy tease it's supposed to be, but at this point Ranger's constant sexually pushy behavior is making me feel downright uncomfortable. Which is not what I want in my mindless fun. ( )
  bragan | Dec 3, 2016 |
OK, this Stephenie/Ranger nonsense has to stop. Throughout this series, I have never understood their lust for each other. It just doesn't sit right with me. And for the first time, Stephanie and Morelli are losing steam, mostly because of Stephanie's waffling between him and Ranger. She belongs with Morelli, for crying out loud. Let them develop. Is it really all about sex with both of them? Frustrating. I semi-enjoyed this book's caper and liked the additions of Julie and Meri. I know Meri's a fed, but I hope she is in future books.
  EllAreBee | Oct 3, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Woohoo!  To team Evanovich:  Alex, Peter and SuperJen
When I was twelve years old I accidentally substituted salt for sugar in a cake recipe.
ISBNs 0792742397, 0792740742 are an unabridged audiobook

Welcome to Trenton, New Jersey, where bounty hunter Stephanie Plum's life is about to implode in Janet Evanovich's wildest, hottest novel yet!

FIRST A STRANGER APPEARS
While chasing down the usual cast of miscreants and weirdos Stephanie discovers that a crazed woman is stalking her.

THEN THE STRANGER REVEALS HER SECRETS
The woman dresses in black, carries a 9mm Glock, and has a bad attitude and a mysterious connection to dark and dangerous Carlos Manoso …street name, Ranger.

NEXT, SOMEBODY DIES
The action turns deadly serious, and Stephanie goes from hunting skips to hunting a murderer.

SOON, THE CHASE IS ON
Ranger needs Stephanie for more reasons than he can say.  And now, the two are working together to find a killer, rescue a missing child, and stop a lunatic from raising the body count.  When Stephanie Plum and Ranger get too close for comfort, vice cop Joe Morelli (her on-again, off-again boyfriend) steps in.

Will the ticking clock stop at the stroke of twelve, or will a stranger in the wind find a way to stop Stephanie Plum…forever?  Filled with Janet Evanovich's trademark action, nonstop adventure, and sharp humor, Twelve Sharp shows why her novels have been called "hot stuff" (The New York Times), and Evanovich herself "the master" (San Francisco Examiner).

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:42 -0400)

In Trenton, New Jersey, bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is trying to track down a female stalker.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,606,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible