The Grand Finale by Janet Evanovich

The Grand Finale (edition 2008)

by Janet Evanovich

Info:Harper (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, romance

The Grand Finale by Janet Evanovich

Recently added byprivate library, Lori.Slade, Eisler, AnnRushing, dm13, Spalding, vrullan

Fun, quirky romance. Berry owns a pizza shop. When she delivers to Jake's house, she spies Jake undressing when she climbs up a tree to rescue a cat. Jake rescues her when she falls from the tree, landing on his pizza. This begins their romance. He wants her. She wants to continue on with her plan. Of course, her plan did not include having 3 old ladies move into her home but she could not let them live in the bus station. So Jake inherits them also.

I liked these people. They made me smile and laugh out loud at times as I read. Jake is determined to get Berry to agree to his plan but Berry will not acquiesce. It was fun watching Jake play matchmaker for the ladies. I could see elements here that were later used in her Stephanie Plum series.

This is a rollicking good time read ( )
  Sheila1957 | Jun 11, 2014 |
for a romance this was pretty funny and a kept me up al night wishing for a man that campared to Jake sawyer! ( )
  redheadish | Feb 18, 2014 |
This is an early book by this author, and if I was her I would have let these quietly die. Apparently, according to the blurb in the book, theor were nine of them which all went out of print immediatly.
This story is that of a woman recently devorced who is running a pizza shop that delivers. She advertised for a delivery boy and takes on three old women insted. Then while delivering she attempts to rescue a cat up a tree sees a nearly naked man and then nearly falls on him.
The timing is not there, the magic of lust or love is missing. convidering her later books I was simply disapointed by this book ( )
  jessicariddoch | Dec 31, 2013 |
This book is pure fluff. One of J.E.'s first attempts at writing a novel. It was updated and re-released under the assumption that the author's loyal fans would flock to the stores to buy it. If you're a die-hard fan, I'd recommend borrowing it from the library (but only if you've run out of stuff to read). Don't waste your money on this one. ( )
  daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
I'm so behind on my target number of books for this year (all Neal Stephenson's fault - write shorter books, man!) that my excuse for reading this is because it was short. That's how desperate to catch up I am.

It's really not my type of book: submissive and scatty (yet intelligent and of course beautiful) female protagonist, handsome, rich, attractive (yet manipulative) male love interest (with an amazing butt, naturally). And every woman's secret dream of filling a Victorian house in the 'burbs with children.

If that sort of thing thrills you, then you'll like this book. It didn't do a lot for me. ( )
  AJBraithwaite | Mar 31, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060598751, Mass Market Paperback)

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author comes a revised, repackaged novel sure to please her many fans. She writes "high speed comic mayhem" (Detroit Free Press); she's "a blast of fresh air" (Washington Post); "side-splitting funny" (Publishers Weekly) and "a winner" (Glamour). In other words, she's Janet Evanovich.

Berry Knudson had a talent for disaster, but when she climbed a tree to rescue a kitten, she wasn't prepared for the scrumptious hunk undressing in a nearby window, or her dive downward that smashed Jake Sawyer's pizza and won his heart! But was there room in her chaotic schedule for a risk-taking inventor with dreams? She took classes, delivered pizzas, and cared for three eccentric old ladies she rescued from the train station. But Jake thrived on a challenge, and he could be very inventive. Could he teach her there was time to make butterscotch pudding and let herself be loved?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:39 -0400)

Divorc‚ee Berry Knudsen falls out of a tree and meets the man of her dreams, hunky first grade teacher Jake Sawyer. And that's just the start of their screwball courtship.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,659,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible