Back to the Bedroom by Janet Evanovich

Back to the Bedroom (1989)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Elsie Hawkins (1)

Recently added bylookitisheef, Irena., Eisler, moonlitgarden, CAMMD, chairettie, LenneaRB, private library

lO ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
OK, this is just undeniably cute and clever

I have been an Evanovich fan for a long time. Her stories are strong, well written, and have women characters that are realistic. They have trouble with money, men, jobs, all those things that the rest of us have problems with. Her books are side splittingly funny, and contain the occassional explosion. Hey, who can't love a woman who blows things up?

This is a very early work, and shows how Janet got her start. I won't go over the story line, as it is quite a short book, and I am sure other people have done it. My take on it is how nice it is to see that Ms. Evanovich has always had a sense of humour with her writing. This little story is rediculous in it's own way when it comes to the story line, but you can't help but be pulled in and then to roll over with true belly laughs while you are being led along. Take a Type A workaholic female musician, a Type "Who cares?" toy collector, drop in an elderly woman with a huge "hankie" (and the will to use it!), an hysterical dinner party, a kidnapping, an explosion, and several cats . . . well, you will understand when you read it. And don't fail to read it - it will lighten your whole day! ( )
  soireadthisbooktoday | May 4, 2014 |

romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Critt, C. J.Readersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jannasz, JustynaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060598859, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader:

In a previous life, before the time of Plum, I wrote twelve short romance novels. Red-hot screwball comedies, each and every one of them. Nine of these stories were originally published by the Loveswept line between the years 1988 and 1992. All immediately went out of print and could be found only at used bookstores and yard sales.

I'm excited to tell you that those nine stories are now being re-released by HarperCollins. Back to the Bedroom is presented here in almost original form. I've done only minor editing to correct some embarrassing bloopers missed the first time around.

I lived in northern Virginia when I wrote Back to the Bedroom. My children were young, and we spent a lot of time visiting the Washington, D.C. museums and wandering through the historic neighborhoods. One day while strolling Capitol Hill I came upon two townhouses that captured my imagination. The houses were totally different -- a birthday cake of a house and a bran muffin of a house, and yet they shared a common wall. I wondered about the people who lived inside the houses. And eventually the houses inspired Back to the Bedroom.

Back to the Bedroom is the story of a young woman with the soul of a birthday cake living in a bran muffin house -- and a nice-looking guy with the substance of a bran muffin living in a birthday cake. They share some misadventures, some romantic moments, some misunderstandings, and ultimately they turn into wedding cake.

And for Plum fans, you'll be interested to find that this was the first of the four romances to feature Elsie Hawkins, the prototype for Grandma Mazur.

Janet Evanovich

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:51 -0400)

Falling in love at first sight, David Dodd sets his sights on his lovely next-door neighbor, Katherine Finn, a captivating cellist with the city symphony.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,367,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible