Back To The Bedroom by Janet Evanovich

Back To The Bedroom (1989)

by Janet Evanovich

Another re-release of an early Evanovich with what the author states as minor repairs to embarrassing goofs. Kate is easily likable in her extremely disorganized world. David Dodd is her new neighbor who apparently does nothing all day. Elsie the geriatric tenant of Kate's third floor is the saving grace of this story. She is such a hoot and she definitely is early shades of Stephanie Plum's Grandma Mazur. One gripe I have is this is practically a love at first sight book. I don't believe in them...I don't like to read them. With that in mind I would have to say that while the humor is on target as only Evanovich can do the romance part is lacking quite a bit. ( )
  ChristinaT. | Dec 3, 2016 |
Probably my least favorite Janet Evanovich book of all times :( ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
I am a huge Stephanie Plum fan and have not do not like the Full series nearly as well. Not as funny and a little boring. It was OK, but would not recommend.

JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Fun book to listen to while walking for fitness. Doesn't take much concentration and has amusing situations. Workaloholic cello player meets her next door neighbor after a part of a helicopter falls through her roof. She thinks the complete opposites and totally incompatible and he thinks she's pretty cute. The rest of the book is spent winning her over. ( )
  Kathy89 | Nov 23, 2014 |
lO ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Critt, C. J.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jannasz, JustynaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060598859, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader:

In a previous life, before the time of Plum, I wrote twelve short romance novels. Red-hot screwball comedies, each and every one of them. Nine of these stories were originally published by the Loveswept line between the years 1988 and 1992. All immediately went out of print and could be found only at used bookstores and yard sales.

I'm excited to tell you that those nine stories are now being re-released by HarperCollins. Back to the Bedroom is presented here in almost original form. I've done only minor editing to correct some embarrassing bloopers missed the first time around.

I lived in northern Virginia when I wrote Back to the Bedroom. My children were young, and we spent a lot of time visiting the Washington, D.C. museums and wandering through the historic neighborhoods. One day while strolling Capitol Hill I came upon two townhouses that captured my imagination. The houses were totally different -- a birthday cake of a house and a bran muffin of a house, and yet they shared a common wall. I wondered about the people who lived inside the houses. And eventually the houses inspired Back to the Bedroom.

Back to the Bedroom is the story of a young woman with the soul of a birthday cake living in a bran muffin house -- and a nice-looking guy with the substance of a bran muffin living in a birthday cake. They share some misadventures, some romantic moments, some misunderstandings, and ultimately they turn into wedding cake.

And for Plum fans, you'll be interested to find that this was the first of the four romances to feature Elsie Hawkins, the prototype for Grandma Mazur.

Janet Evanovich

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:32 -0400)

Falling in love at first sight, David Dodd sets his sights on his lovely next-door neighbor, Katherine Finn, a captivating cellist with the city symphony.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,749,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible