Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich

English (78)  Dutch (1)  All languages (79)
I
and I may ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
This was a book club choice. It was not my style of book but I did enjoy Carl the monkey. He was funny. ( )
  lacey.tucker | Mar 10, 2016 |
This entry in the Stephanie Plum series features the capable female bounty hunter looking for several people, one of them a mad scientist type named Martin Munch, who's willing to trade the diabolical Wulf Grimoire the secret to world domination in exchange for women and money, starting with Stephanie. Her account humoir-filled of the chase gets her and sidekick Dutch into many serious debacles as it leads them deep into the Pine Barrens where the Jersey Devil allegedly dwells. Great reading, lots of fun. ( )
  NickHowes | Mar 2, 2016 |
I only read this because I'm playing a "Word Scavenger Hunt" and it really filled the requirements!

Diesel..... Another man? So what I could not figure out was: "What was SPOOKY about this book?"

So one of Stephanie's skips is some techno-genius, who has teamed up w/ Wulf (Diesel's nemesis & cousin). They have stolen some thing-a-ma-jig that changes weather..... They also have some mind control device...

This is just more of the numbers series only with the addition of "unmentionables", people with special powers....

More of the same, not as interesting, definitely NOT "Spooky".....
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |

Evanovich, Janetprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'd like to acknowledge the Unmentionable assistance of Alex Evanovich, Peter Evanovich, and my St. Martin's Press editor and friend, SuperJen Enderlin
Sometimes you get up in the morning and you know it's going to be one of those days.
I'm from Jersey. I get my adventure on the Turnpike. I only fly if there's a beach or casino involved. And then it's in a big plane serving alcohol.

The First Full Length Stephanie Plum Between-the-Numbers Novel from #1 Bestselling Author Janet Evanovich.

Turn on all the lights and check under your bed. Things are about to get spooky in Trenton, New Jersey.

According to legend, the Jersey Devil prowls the Pine Barrens and soars above the treetops in the dark of night. As eerie as this might seem, there are things in the Barrens that are even more frightening and dangerous. And there are monkeys. Lots of monkeys.

Wulf Grimoire is a world wanderer and an opportunist who can kill without remorse and disappear like smoke. He’s chosen Martin Munch, boy genius, as his new business partner, and he’s chosen the Barrens as his new playground.

Munch received his doctorate degree in quantum physics when he was twenty-two. He’s now twenty-four, and while his brain is large, his body hasn’t made it out of the boys’ department at Macy’s. Anyone who says good things come in small packages hasn’t met Munch. Wulf Grimoire is looking for world domination. Martin Munch would be happy if he could just get a woman naked and tied to a tree.

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has Munch on her most-wanted list for failure to appear in court. Plum is the all-American girl stuck in an uncomfortable job, succeeding on luck and tenacity. Usually she gets her man. This time she gets a monkey. She also gets a big guy named Diesel.

Diesel pops in and out of Plum’s life like birthday cake – delicious to look at and taste, not especially healthy as a steady diet, gone by the end of the week if not sooner. He’s an über bounty hunter with special skills when it comes to tracking men and pleasing women. He’s after Grimoire, and now he’s also after Munch. And if truth were told, he wouldn’t mind setting Stephanie Plum in his crosshairs.

Diesel and Plum hunt down Munch and Grimoire, following them into the Barrens, surviving cranberry bogs, the Jersey Devil, a hair-raising experience, sand in their underwear, and, of course . . . monkeys.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:58 -0400)

Wulf Grimoire is a world wanderer and an opportunist who can kill without remorse and disappear like smoke. He's chosen Martin Munch, boy genius, as his new business partner, and he's chosen the Barrens of Trenton, New Jersey, as his new playground. It's up to Plum and Diesel, an ?uber bounty hunter with special skills when it comes to tracking men and pleasing women, to hunt down Munch and Grimoire.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,905,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible