Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich

Eleven on Top (original 2005; edition 2009)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:agabbrie
Title:Eleven on Top
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Hachette Audio (2009), Audio CD

Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich (2005)

One thing I've noticed about Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series is that they have become my guilty pleasure. It is always a killer to wait for one if these books to come from the library. As you could already tell, I really enjoyed Eleven on Top. So many events and chaos is packed into these books and it is all neatly wrapped up in the end, usually hilariously so.

Eleven on Top begins with Stephanie Plum quitting the bond enforcement agency. She's tired of her life being in constant danger and her cars being blown up. However, her life threatening troubles don't stop there. As she goes from job to job, Stephanie is being stalked: she receives odd little notes and...her cars keep blown up.

She has a theory it might be Stiva, the Burg's funeral director's son. His body was never recovered after that funeral parlor explosion. Stephanie also thinks it may be connected to the disapperance of four aging respected businessmen in the Burg. Besides from that, she must deal with her sister's impending wedding and her unresolved feelings for Joseph Morelli and Ranger.

Some reviewers are a little harsh on this series. I think it's just supposed to be hella fun with a very interesting mystery attached to it. Usually, I do not like love triangles but somehow, the whole Stephanie-Morelli-Ranger polygon, works and I am highly entertained by it. ( )
  Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |

Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
With Stephanie no longer working as a bounty hunter, this installment was a tad different from the other books in the series. She still got in all sorts of trouble, and ended up covered in food and garbage on several occasions, so it wasn't that different. It seemed to me that there was a bit more Ranger and Joe in this one and a little less Lula and Grandma Mazur. I can't say I like that. It was still good, and funny, and all the things the other books are, but I didn't find myself laughing as much as in the previous books. I hope it's not a sign of things to come. The plot was ok, though I wasn't particularly surprised by the ending. I'm hoping Steph will have her old job (and more Lula) back for Twelve Sharp. ( )
  virginiahomeschooler | Feb 11, 2014 |
It is always fun to listen to a Stephanie plum adventure. Much is the same. Lots of sex with Morelli and steamy innuendo from ranger. Stephanie quits bounty hunting and tries other jobs that end in disaster. Fired for being late at button factory. Lula fights with momma macaroni at dry cleaners and she gets blown up in Stephanie's car. She burns down cluck in the bucket so ends up working for Ranger. She gets threatening notes and thinks it is spiro steva, but it ends up being his father. Morelli gets run over with a broken leg and Valerie and clown decide to not get married. ( )
  avogl | Dec 2, 2013 |
ok ( )
  Mamajeanne | Aug 23, 2013 |
This book is a Jan-Jen production, brought to life through the extraordinary powers of SuperEditor Jen Enderlin.
Thanks to Shanna Littlejohn for suggesting the title for this book.
My name is Stephanie Plum.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312985347, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum, Trenton's favorite bondswoman, is having a career crisis, which gives Janet Evanovich plenty of opportunities to showcase her series heroine in a variety of alternative vocations, from dry cleaner to factory worker. Most of them don't last a full working day, which is good for the reader, since it plunges Stephanie back into the always seedy, often dangerous, and always colorful world of fugitives who'd rather flee than face their day in court. She may be tired of having her life threatened, her cars torched or blown up, and her apartment broken into, but one thing she can say about her job is that it's never boring... and neither is she. Despite her intentions of going straight at a job with a little more security and a bit less excitement, an old client won't let her--he keeps leaving her threatening notes, stalking and scaring her, and making sure she needs the protection of the two men in her life--Joe Morelli, the sexy cop who's been bedding her since high school, and Ranger, the even sexier tough guy who can take down the meanest fugitive around but has a tender spot in his heart for the plucky Ms. Plum. All Evanovich fans' favorite characters people this sprightly caper novel, including Lula, the fast-food-chomping former hooker who's hot to take over Stephanie's job but really belongs in a WWE Takedown; Grandma Mazur, who'd rather go to a wake than a fancy-dress ball; Grandma Bella, the matriarch of the Morelli family whose evil eye frightens even the indomitable Stephanie; and Valerie, Stephanie's sister, who's about to embark on another trip to the altar. A great beach read, Eleven on Top is a guilty pleasure that will delight readers of the author's 10 earlier novels and should win her even more fans. --Jane Adams

Amazon.com Exclusive Content

Amazon.com's Significant Seven
Janet Evanovich kindly agreed to take the life quiz we like to give to all our authors: the Amazon.com Significant Seven.

Q: What book has had the most significant impact on your life?
A: Uncle Scrooge adventures by Carl Barks. They gave me a lifelong love of the adventure story both in film and literature. And I wouldn't mind pushing my quarters around with a bulldozer in real life, either.

Q: You are stranded on a desert island with only one book, one CD, and one DVD--what are they?
A: Book: The Neiman Marcus holiday catalog (I can pretend I'm shopping.)
CD: MTV’s Grind, Volume 1 (Happy music and I love the samba.)
DVD: Shrek 2 (Happy movie.)

Q: What is the worst lie you've ever told?
A: "No. Your butt doesn't look big in those pants." Said to myself.

Q: Describe the perfect writing environment.
A: No phone. Locked door. Room service. Silence. My cat (Gus) on my lap.

Q: If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
A: "Later, Dudes!"

Q: Who is the one person living or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
A: Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets)

Q: If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
A: The ability to eat Cheez Doodles and Krispy Kremes and never get fat.

The Stephanie Plum Series

One for the Money
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly
Four to Score
High Five
Hot Six
See the entire Stephanie Plum series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:35 -0400)

Hoping to discontinue her career as a bounty hunter for something safer, Stephanie Plum is inadvertently drawn into a case that is complicated by her tangled love life, her chaotic family, and her penchant for wrecking cars.

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,970,401 books! | Top bar: Always visible