Eleven on top by Janet Evanovich

Eleven on top (original 2005; edition 2006)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:Yearsgran
Title:Eleven on top
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:New York : St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2006.
Collections:Janet Evanovich, Read but unowned
Rating:*****

Eleven On Top by Janet Evanovich (2005)

English (80)  French (1)  All languages (81)
I...don't even know what to say. That was an abrupt and poorly written ending. ( )
  EllAreBee | Sep 19, 2016 |
Book eleven (more or less) in the Stephanie Plum series. In this one, Stephanie gets fed up and decides to quit her bounty hunter job -- which she really ought to have done about ten books ago, if you ask me -- and also seems to have become a target for a bad guy from the past out looking for revenge.

What is there to say about this one, really? It's a Stephanie Plum novel. You read one, you've read 'em all, and even having Stephanie temporarily quit her job just adds a running joke about new jobs that end in disaster to the running joke about cars being destroyed. As usual, I found the wacky hijinks mildly amusing, the love triangle that never goes anywhere mildly annoying, and the constant jokes about women overeating and worrying about their weight increasingly irritating. The plot is paper-thin, and mostly only gets interesting for about ten pages at the end, but it's hard to care much since the plot is mostly an excuse for aforementioned wacky hijinks, anyway. There was a line of dialog or two that gave me a little bit of a chuckle, although this one lacked the occasional laugh-out-loud moments the best of them have. And it was about the speed my brain could handle while trying to pass a boring night shift on far too little sleep. ( )
  bragan | Sep 5, 2016 |
As always, the characters were wonderful. However, the plot for this installment fell a bit flat. Oh well, can't win 'em all. I will still continue with this Stephanie Plum series. ( )
  hemlokgang | Jun 10, 2016 |
This was another fun mindless episode in the Stephanie Plum series. Stephanie decides she's had enough bounty hunting and tries to quit. Of course, hilarious trouble follows her wherever she goes. The best part of this episode was Lula trying to take Stephanie's place as a bounty hunter. Grandma Mazur made her usual hilarious editions to the situation and Stephanie's sister made a few funny additions, too. Great mindless fun as usual. ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
More fun with Stephanie Plum ... but ... marry Morelli, already! ( )
  BookConcierge | Feb 14, 2016 |
This book is a Jan-Jen production, brought to life through the extraordinary powers of SuperEditor Jen Enderlin.
Thanks to Shanna Littlejohn for suggesting the title for this book.
My name is Stephanie Plum.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312985347, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum, Trenton's favorite bondswoman, is having a career crisis, which gives Janet Evanovich plenty of opportunities to showcase her series heroine in a variety of alternative vocations, from dry cleaner to factory worker. Most of them don't last a full working day, which is good for the reader, since it plunges Stephanie back into the always seedy, often dangerous, and always colorful world of fugitives who'd rather flee than face their day in court. She may be tired of having her life threatened, her cars torched or blown up, and her apartment broken into, but one thing she can say about her job is that it's never boring... and neither is she. Despite her intentions of going straight at a job with a little more security and a bit less excitement, an old client won't let her--he keeps leaving her threatening notes, stalking and scaring her, and making sure she needs the protection of the two men in her life--Joe Morelli, the sexy cop who's been bedding her since high school, and Ranger, the even sexier tough guy who can take down the meanest fugitive around but has a tender spot in his heart for the plucky Ms. Plum. All Evanovich fans' favorite characters people this sprightly caper novel, including Lula, the fast-food-chomping former hooker who's hot to take over Stephanie's job but really belongs in a WWE Takedown; Grandma Mazur, who'd rather go to a wake than a fancy-dress ball; Grandma Bella, the matriarch of the Morelli family whose evil eye frightens even the indomitable Stephanie; and Valerie, Stephanie's sister, who's about to embark on another trip to the altar. A great beach read, Eleven on Top is a guilty pleasure that will delight readers of the author's 10 earlier novels and should win her even more fans. --Jane Adams

Amazon.com Exclusive Content

Amazon.com's Significant Seven
Janet Evanovich kindly agreed to take the life quiz we like to give to all our authors: the Amazon.com Significant Seven.

Q: What book has had the most significant impact on your life?
A: Uncle Scrooge adventures by Carl Barks. They gave me a lifelong love of the adventure story both in film and literature. And I wouldn't mind pushing my quarters around with a bulldozer in real life, either.

Q: You are stranded on a desert island with only one book, one CD, and one DVD--what are they?
A: Book: The Neiman Marcus holiday catalog (I can pretend I'm shopping.)
CD: MTV’s Grind, Volume 1 (Happy music and I love the samba.)
DVD: Shrek 2 (Happy movie.)

Q: What is the worst lie you've ever told?
A: "No. Your butt doesn't look big in those pants." Said to myself.

Q: Describe the perfect writing environment.
A: No phone. Locked door. Room service. Silence. My cat (Gus) on my lap.

Q: If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
A: "Later, Dudes!"

Q: Who is the one person living or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
A: Jim Henson (creator of the Muppets)

Q: If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
A: The ability to eat Cheez Doodles and Krispy Kremes and never get fat.

The Stephanie Plum Series

One for the Money
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly
Four to Score
High Five
Hot Six
See the entire Stephanie Plum series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

Hoping to discontinue her career as a bounty hunter for something safer, Stephanie Plum is inadvertently drawn into a case that is complicated by her tangled love life, her chaotic family, and her penchant for wrecking cars.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,126,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible