Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich

Fearless Fourteen (edition 2008)

by Janet Evanovich

Tags:mystery fiction, crime

Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, No. 14) by Janet Evanovich

3.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
While I cannot read the Plum series straight through, each time I pick up one of these I read it quickly and laugh out loud. Evanovich is my favorite light-read author. ( )
  SMBrick | Feb 25, 2018 |
Book fourteen (ish) in Janet Evanovich's series about Stephanie Plum, bumbling bounty hunter. This time, Stephanie takes a side job as security for an aging singer, she and her sometimes-boyfriend Joe Morelli end up babysitting a teenager who's obsessed with an online RPG, and it turns out there may be nine million dollars hidden somewhere in Morelli's house.

Really, what is there to say after fourteen-plus of these? It's quick-reading and mildly diverting but instantly forgettable. Or, basically: it's another Stephanie Plum novel. ( )
  bragan | Sep 29, 2017 |
BOTTOM-LINE:
Good story, not the most compelling
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Morelli's cousin committed a robbery years ago and the money was never found. Now people think it is hidden in Morelli's house, and everybody wants some of it.
WHAT I LIKED:
The story generally revolves around providing security for an aging country star, and it's an interesting diversion. In addition, Stephanie is looking after a teenager that may or may not be Morelli's illegitimate son.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
There's a stalker running around the story, which everyone thinks is funny, not sure why.
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Sep 28, 2017 |
Another excellent installment of the Stephanie Plum series. The introduction of a couple of delightful teenagers, and Lula's impending nuptials add lots of zing to the story. Great series! ( )
  hemlokgang | Jun 15, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whoohoo! To Team Evanovich: Alex, Peter, and SuperJen.
Thanks to Sandy Sherwood for suggesting the title for this book.
In my mind, my kitchen is filled with crackers and cheese, roast chicken leftovers, farm fresh eggs, and coffee beans ready to grind.

Personal vendettas, hidden treasure, and a monkey named Carl will send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most explosive adventure yet.

The Crime:  Armed robbery to the tune of nine million dollars

Dom Rizzi robbed a bank, stashed the money, and did the time. His family couldn’t be more proud. He always was the smart one.

The Cousin:  Joe Morelli

Joe Morelli, Dom Rizzi, and Dom’s sister, Loretta, are cousins. Morelli is a cop, Rizzi robs banks, and Loretta is a single mother waiting tables at the firehouse. The all-American family.

The Complications:  Murder, kidnapping, destruction of personal property, and acid reflux

Less than a week after Dom’s release from prison, Joe Morelli has shadowy figures breaking into his house and dying in his basement. He’s getting threatening messages, Loretta is kidnapped, and Dom is missing.

The Catastrophe:  Moonman

Morelli hires Walter “Mooner” Dunphy, stoner and “inventor” turned crime fighter, to protect his house. Morelli can’t afford a lot on a cop’s salary, and Mooner will work for potatoes.

The Cupcake:  Stephanie Plum

Stephanie and Morelli have a long-standing relationship that involves sex, affection, and driving each other nuts. She’s a bond enforcement agent with more luck than talent, and she’s involved in this bank-robbery-gone-bad disaster from day one.

The Crisis:  A favor for Ranger

Security expert Carlos Manoso, street name Ranger, has a job for Stephanie that will involve night work. Morelli has his own ideas regarding Stephanie’s evening activities.

The Conclusion:  Only the fearless should read Fourteen.

Thrills, chills, and incontinence may result.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,837,281 books! | Top bar: Always visible