Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich

Three to Get Deadly (1997)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (3)

English (76)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (78)
Once again, narrator C J Critt provides tons of enjoyment through her delivery of Stephanie Plum's dry wit. I've explained to my family that I'm listening to "that funny book", so they won't think I'm crazy. ;) ( )
  Dawn94 | Dec 20, 2014 |
Love Joe! Love Grandma Mazur and the crew - listen to the audio...will keep you laughing in the car! Once again, the entire One for the Money crew is in action, including Ranger and Grandma Mazur, searching for Mo, tripping down a trail littered with drug dealers, leading Stephanie to suspect Mo has traded his ice-cream scoop for a vigilante gun.

Cursed with a disastrous new hair color and an increasing sense that it’s really time to get a new job, Stephanie spirals and tumbles through Three to Get Deadly with all the wisecracks and pace her fans have come to expec ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I’ve become a Stephanie Plum fan. Light, funny and well written. Always love the colorful characters. I will read the entire series. ( )
  mahree | Oct 13, 2014 |
This one took me forever to slog through. I don't know if it wasn't as good as the others or if I'm just growing weary of Ms. Plum. I'll read #4 and see if she still belongs in my rotation of female detectives or not. ( )
  AliceAnna | Aug 31, 2014 |
Friends have talked about how good the Stephanie Plum books are. I read the first two and was not wild about them. They were okay, but I was underwhelmed. I decided to give the third one a shot, and I'm hooked. The third installment in this series is hilarious! Stephanie Plum, a bounty hunter since her lingerie job fell through, sets out to apprehend the owner of the local candy store. At every turn someone is trying to hinder Stephanie because everyone loves Uncle Mo. When armed men start threatening Stephanie, she realizes there is more to Uncle Mo than anyone knows. I don't even know what to say about Ranger and Morelli. I would not turn down a stakeout with either of them!

I laughed my way through this book from the image painted of Lula, an ex-prostitute and aspiring bounty hunter, to Grandma Mazur. I will definitely be reading more in this series. I have a long way to go! ( )
  GeorgiaDawn | Apr 13, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Petty, Lorisecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tarkka, HannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was January in Trenton.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312966091, Mass Market Paperback)

As readers of Janet Evanovich's two previous books about funny, feisty, family-tied bounty hunter Stephanie Plum already know, she operates in "the burg"--a "comfy residential chunk of Trenton, New Jersey, where houses and minds are proud to be narrow and hearts are generously wide open." On this turf, Plum fights for justice and fashion points--this time in pursuit of a beloved neighborhood candystore owner who seems to be moonlighting as an anti-drug vigilante. Evanovich now lives in New Hampshire, but authentic affection for Trenton energizes her prose. Plums in paperback include One for the Money and Two for the Dough.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:51 -0400)

Stephanie Plum--the sexy, sassy, brassy, bounty-hunting Jersey girl--is back on the job in her third novel, and things just aren't going great. She's having a bad hair day--for the whole month of January. She's been given the unpopular task of finding Mo Bedemier, Trenton's most popular citizen, who's gone no-show for his court appearance after being arrested for carrying a concealed weapon. A "saintly" old candy-store owner is on the lam-and bounty hunter extraordinaire Stephanie Plum is on the case. As the body count rises, Stephanie finds herself dealing with dead drug dealers and slippery fugitives on the chase of her life. And with the help of eccentric friends and family, Steph must see to it that this case doesn't end up being her last.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,383,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible