Yer 'arbourCrewsChinwaggin'Crow's nest

Click on yer miniature to sail to Google Books.

Three to Get Deadly by the dread pirate…
Hauling away...

Three to Get Deadly (original 1997; edition 1998)

by the dread pirate Janet Evanovich

More o't' same stuff: Stephanie Plum (3)

CrewmatesArr! ReviewsPopulARRrityCrew sysMentions
Matey:Kathy89
Tome:Three to Get Deadly
Them scribblers:Janet Evanovich
Pearls o' Wisdom:St Martins Pr (1998), Edition: Reissue, Paperback
Piles o' Booty:Yer cargo
How ye liked it:****
Pennons:(fiction) mystery, audiobook

Three to Get Deadly by the scurvy dog Janet Evanovich (1997)

Recently looted bykucher, Cynical_Ames, WildPikachu, murderbydeath, kpevjen, Mikelspence, hidden library, Rhealin
Nought
  1. Naughty Neighbor by the scurvy dog Janet Evanovich (1992)
  2. A is for Alibi by the scurvy dog Sue Grafton (1981)
  3. Two for the Dough by the scurvy dog Janet Evanovich (1996)
  4. Notorious Nineteen by the scurvy dog Janet Evanovich (2012)
  5. Q is for Quarry by the scurvy dog Sue Grafton (2002)
  1. T is for Trespass by the scurvy dog Sue Grafton (2007)
  2. Immortal in Death by the scurvy dog J.D. Robb (1996)
  3. From Potter's Field by the scurvy dog Patricia Cornwell (1969)
  4. Body of Evidence by the scurvy dog Patricia Cornwell (1977)
  5. Ceremony in Death by the scurvy dog J.D. Robb (1997)
Hauling away...

This one took me forever to slog through. I don't know if it wasn't as good as the others or if I'm just growing weary of Ms. Plum. I'll read #4 and see if she still belongs in my rotation of female detectives or not. ( )
  AliceAnna | Aug 31, 2014 |
Friends have talked about how good the Stephanie Plum books are. I read the first two and was not wild about them. They were okay, but I was underwhelmed. I decided to give the third one a shot, and I'm hooked. The third installment in this series is hilarious! Stephanie Plum, a bounty hunter since her lingerie job fell through, sets out to apprehend the owner of the local candy store. At every turn someone is trying to hinder Stephanie because everyone loves Uncle Mo. When armed men start threatening Stephanie, she realizes there is more to Uncle Mo than anyone knows. I don't even know what to say about Ranger and Morelli. I would not turn down a stakeout with either of them!

I laughed my way through this book from the image painted of Lula, an ex-prostitute and aspiring bounty hunter, to Grandma Mazur. I will definitely be reading more in this series. I have a long way to go! ( )
  GeorgiaDawn | Apr 13, 2014 |
I had so many belly laughs during this read that I don't think I can stop reading Janet on to book 4 soon as I can get it! ( )
  redheadish | Mar 6, 2014 |
This book had me laughing so hard my family kept looking at me like I lost my mind. Terrific, funny easy read. ( )
  leannamcalister | Feb 22, 2014 |
In the latest, Three to Get Deadly, Grandma Mazur gets a boyfriend. He looks about three hundred years old and sets his choppers by the plate — they don’t fit right. He has a glass eye from World War II. “Were you overseas?” Stephanie’s father asked. “Nope. Lost my eye at Camp Kilmer. I was inspecting my bayonet, and then next thing you know I’d poked my eye out with it.” And of course he wants to marry Grandma so he can move in with her son-in-law. Evanovich has an extraordinary flair for writing humorous dialogue and scenes. ( )
  ecw0647 | Sep 30, 2013 |
no reviews | add yer opinyon

Scribbler's nameRoleType 'o authorWork?How farrr the crew's sailed
Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Petty, Lorisecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tarkka, HannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to change the stuff we be knowin'.
For more help see the stuff we be knowin' help page.
Series (with ordARR)
Information from th' English Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to th' Piratical one.
Wha most mateys call it
Information from th' Finnish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to th' Piratical one.
F'rst scribbled
Scallywags
Important ports
What's hap'n'in'
There be prizes!
Startin' out
It was January in Trenton.
What the sprogs be sayin'
Final flappin'
(Click if'n ya wish to see. Warning: May let the cat out o' the bag.)
How these be diff'rent
Land lubbers
Original lingo

Tome description

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312966091, Mass Market Paperback)

As readers of Janet Evanovich's two previous books about funny, feisty, family-tied bounty hunter Stephanie Plum already know, she operates in "the burg"--a "comfy residential chunk of Trenton, New Jersey, where houses and minds are proud to be narrow and hearts are generously wide open." On this turf, Plum fights for justice and fashion points--this time in pursuit of a beloved neighborhood candystore owner who seems to be moonlighting as an anti-drug vigilante. Evanovich now lives in New Hampshire, but authentic affection for Trenton energizes her prose. Plums in paperback include One for the Money and Two for the Dough.

(raided from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:51 -0400)

Stephanie Plum--the sexy, sassy, brassy, bounty-hunting Jersey girl--is back on the job in her third novel, and things just aren't going great. She's having a bad hair day--for the whole month of January. She's been given the unpopular task of finding Mo Bedemier, Trenton's most popular citizen, who's gone no-show for his court appearance after being arrested for carrying a concealed weapon. A "saintly" old candy-store owner is on the lam-and bounty hunter extraordinaire Stephanie Plum is on the case. As the body count rises, Stephanie finds herself dealing with dead drug dealers and slippery fugitives on the chase of her life. And with the help of eccentric friends and family, Steph must see to it that this case doesn't end up being her last.… (more!)

Pillage Etomes Audio

PopulARR covers

How ye liked it

AvARRage: (3.96)

Five editions 'o 'tis book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Yarr, is this ye?

Advice from old salts | The lowdown | Secluded cove / Rules o' engagement | Ship's log | Hoist us a signal | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Aye, 'tis the stuff we be knowin'! | Dead Men's Chests (Dead Wenches too) | Night watch | 92,794,273 tomes! | Top barrrrr: Always visible