Four To Score by Janet Evanovich

Four To Score (1998)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (4)

English (81)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (85)
Yet another, LOL novel filled with the adventures of Stephanie Plum. :) This novel's highlights include meeting Sally Sweet (I'm reading this series out of order so I got to know him in book 10), watching Stephanie and Joe's relationship grow, and observing Joyce Barnhardt's "dizzy spells"-- compliments of Lula's stun gun. ;)

Now on to book #5... ( )
  HSContino | May 20, 2016 |
This was a very enjoyable read. I often laughed out loud about Stephanie's clumsiness. She has truly come to a talent in every faux pas and to achieve her goal anyway. In this story, once again went to her apartment and her car in flames. The special love relationship with Joe Morelli was intensified and Grandma Mazur, who always 'young at heart' coped well with a drag queen.
I love Plums stories, as they are easy and quick to read and always make me laugh. ( )
  Ameise1 | May 12, 2016 |
If you've made it this far in the Janet Evanovich numbers novels then you really don't need my glowing review...however, this one is my favorite so far, quite simply because of a fabulous drag queen :) ( )
  mashiaraqcs | Mar 29, 2016 |
BOTTOM-LINE:
Fast paced, silly plot
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Stephanie Plum has settled in to her job as a bounty hunter, and so picking up a missing NJ girl who failed to appear after stealing her boyfriend's truck seems like a cakewalk. And there's a bonus -- the boyfriend is willing to give her money too to find her and get some supposed love letters back from her. Easy peasy. Except nothing is easy for Plum, ever. The missing girl wants to stay missing, and her mother and co-worker are helping. Even when somebody else is looking for the girl too, and willing to hurt people to get them to talk.
WHAT I LIKED:
Plum has an extra helper in this case, a guy who's good with codes and clues. A flamboyant cross-dresser, he livens up the scene. And the relationship with Moretti leaps forward with the two cohabitating for awhile. I love the scenes where the women are talking about guns and what type of gun to carry, use, etc.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
There are some baddies who are painfully obviously involved, which Plum misses for most of the book. And someone who is out to get her is obvious as well. Almost painful to watch. Oh, and one of my favorite characters. Ranger, has nothing to do for the entire book. More like an afterthought to include him.
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Mar 28, 2016 |
Typical Stephanie Plum - light hearted bounty hunting romp. Made me smile. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tarkka, HannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Shannon Hendrix for suggesting the title for this book.
Living in Trenton in July is like living in a big pizza oven.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312966970, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum, the trash-talking New Jersey bail bondswoman of this popular series, is tracking Maxine Nowicki, who's wanted for skipping out on a car-theft charge lodged by her ex-boyfriend. Now the ex-boyfriend's very interested in getting back the love letters he supposedly wrote to Maxine. But what he's really looking for is the secret on which Evanovich hangs her screwball cast of colorful minor characters, including Sally Sweet, a cross-dressing drag queen; Lula, the 250-pound ex-hooker who works for Steph's boss; Cousin Vinnie, the bail bondsman; Grandma Mazur, who packs a Glock and is always looking for a little action; and Joyce, a wannabe bounty hunter who's been cramping Steph's style since she played pass the salami with Steph's ex-husband. The action doesn't get much farther from Trenton than the Jersey Shore, but when Steph's apartment and car are blown up by the others on Maxine's trail and she moves in with Joe Morelli, the handsome, arrogant cop she's been hung up on since high school, it gets hotter than the craps table in Atlantic City. Plum's fans won't be disappointed in this fourth outing in the series, and they're likely to be even more interested in the snappy patter and sexy shenanigans than in the mystery that holds it all together. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:56 -0400)

"Evanovich's novels are among the great joys of contemporary fiction".--"GQ". In "Four to Score", Stephanie follows in Ranger's entrepreneurial bootsteps--but comes up against a slew of unsavory characters in the wildest ride of her life. Author online at www.evanovich.com. National ads, including "USA Today" and "The New York Times Book Review". Martin's Press. Stephanie Plum, Trenton, New Jersey's favorite pistol-packing, condom-carrying bounty hunter, is back--and on the trail of a revenge-seeking waitress who's skipped bail. With then help of 73-year-old Grandma Mazur, ex-hooker Lula, a transvestite musician named Sally Sweet, and the all-too-hospitable, all-too-sexy Joe Morelli, Stephanie might just catch her woman. Then again, with more mishaps than there are exits on the Jersey Turnpike--including murders, firebombs, and Stephanie's arch-rival bounty hunter chasing after the same fugative--Stephanie better watch her back big-time if she wants to live to crack this case.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,925,212 books! | Top bar: Always visible