Four to Score by Janet Evanovich

Four to Score (1998)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (4)

5,301None826 (3.99)43
adult (15) audiobook (20) bounty hunter (160) chick lit (77) comedy (58) contemporary (23) crime (113) crime fiction (33) detective (28) ebook (23) Evanovich (19) fiction (371) funny (30) humor (293) Janet Evanovich (26) mystery (614) New Jersey (107) novel (17) own (31) paperback (16) Plum (29) read (92) romance (82) series (115) Stephanie Plum (315) Stephanie Plum Series (46) suspense (18) thriller (22) to-read (28) Trenton (20)

English (67)  Dutch (1)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (71)
This was my favorite of the series so far ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
A rollicking, wild ride with bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum, and her wild sidekicks......Grandma and her gun, Sally the cross dresser, Lula the wild thing, sexy Joe Morelli, just to name a few. Cars blow up, apartments are fire bombed, and counterfeit money is passed. And....where the heck is Maxine Nowicki? You will just have to relax and read this laugh out loud novel to find out. ( )
  hemlokgang | Jan 22, 2014 |
I will never have enough good things to say about these books. Ever. It's not an insanely suspenseful book, so you don't have to be afraid of reading it before bed. It's not strictly a love story. It is suspense, comedy, and at parts, romantic...or a least sexual comedy. I love these books. This series is the only series that has every made me literally laugh out loud. This was just as good as the other 3 I have read. They never disappoint. It's a nice break in between reading some intense, or suspenseful books! I can't wait to read the next one. ( )
  ArielMarie | Jan 19, 2014 |
How can you not love these wonderful characters!?! Stephanie has a new job, all she has to do is get a revenge seeking waitress who has skipped bail. Doesn't sound super hard or hazardous, seeing as how her revenge is not for Stephanie. Before she knows it though her case is being turned upside down by more than just one person. Her ex-husband's "other woman" from their wrecked marriage is on the same case as her, the waitress she is trying to find is being sought after by her ex boyfriend too...who happens to hire Stephanie to help him find her, and she now is having threats made on her life. What a wonderful time. Soon she is at the mercy of Joe Morelli for help, the last person she ever wanted to go to for help considering their past with each other. To make it even more interesting, her 73 year old Grandmother is still trying to help her with cases and insists on carrying a gun...a big gun. Will Stephanie ever get to the bottom of all this and find her lost waitress? Will she do it before everything is destroyed she cares about...including her life? Also, will she be put in a situation that will lead her right into Joe's arms...possibly forever? Stephanie hopes with the help of her friend and former ex hooker Lula, her gun toting Grandma, and a transvestite musician named Sally who just happens to be an expert on puzzles she will not only find the MIA waitress, but will also get to the bottom of who is making the threats on her life as well.

I haven't read one of Evanovich's books in a long time, so I was a bit worried about picking up this series again after so long for fear that I would be lost or not remember things that I may need to for things to make sense. I was only a chapter in when this fear and apprehension left me. Evanovich is one of those great authors who make it super easy to pick up one of her books and feel like you just read the one before that one. She also is a great author in the respect that if you haven't read any of her other books, it will all make perfect sense still with the few recaps she throws into the book you are reading. She also is a sly author who makes you want to go back and read the past ones just because they sounded so good through the one you are reading now! This book did not disappoint me at all, that same great author came out in this book just like I remembered from her previous books. The plot was thick with suspense and also had a couple subplots that added to the excitement of it all. This book was packed full of action from the first chapter all the way to the last page. I love how there was never that drop off point in the book, like there is in so many other books. You know the one, the point at which the mystery is solved or the plot is concluded and then nothing else keeps your attention through that tail end of pages. This doesn't happen with Evanovich's writing and that takes talent if you ask me. I loved the characters just as much as I have in the past and I was so excited to see them develop even more than from the other books. I just love the slow progression of whatever the relationship is with Stephanie and Joe. I think we can all sort of relate to what is going on there. Two people who wouldn't mind being together, but are scared to death to be in any kind of commitment. These characters along with the other great ones seen before like Grandma and Lula, as well as the new ones we meet in this book like Sally, really make this book what it is! They are the glue that just seals the whole deal together as a great book! If you like mystery, suspense, and even a bit of romance, this is the book for you. I know I loved it! I can't wait to continue on in the series to see where they all go from here and what kind of trouble Stephanie can get herself into next time.

5/5 Stars!! ( )
  AngiesAngels | Jan 7, 2014 |
Another fun read from this series. I love the characters and the way they interact. So entertaining! ( )
  Barb_H | Nov 10, 2013 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tarkka, HannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Shannon Hendrix for suggesting the title for this book.
Living in Trenton in July is like living in a big pizza oven.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312966970, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum, the trash-talking New Jersey bail bondswoman of this popular series, is tracking Maxine Nowicki, who's wanted for skipping out on a car-theft charge lodged by her ex-boyfriend. Now the ex-boyfriend's very interested in getting back the love letters he supposedly wrote to Maxine. But what he's really looking for is the secret on which Evanovich hangs her screwball cast of colorful minor characters, including Sally Sweet, a cross-dressing drag queen; Lula, the 250-pound ex-hooker who works for Steph's boss; Cousin Vinnie, the bail bondsman; Grandma Mazur, who packs a Glock and is always looking for a little action; and Joyce, a wannabe bounty hunter who's been cramping Steph's style since she played pass the salami with Steph's ex-husband. The action doesn't get much farther from Trenton than the Jersey Shore, but when Steph's apartment and car are blown up by the others on Maxine's trail and she moves in with Joe Morelli, the handsome, arrogant cop she's been hung up on since high school, it gets hotter than the craps table in Atlantic City. Plum's fans won't be disappointed in this fourth outing in the series, and they're likely to be even more interested in the snappy patter and sexy shenanigans than in the mystery that holds it all together. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:44 -0400)

"Evanovich's novels are among the great joys of contemporary fiction".--"GQ". In "Four to Score", Stephanie follows in Ranger's entrepreneurial bootsteps--but comes up against a slew of unsavory characters in the wildest ride of her life. Author online at www.evanovich.com. National ads, including "USA Today" and "The New York Times Book Review". Martin's Press. Stephanie Plum, Trenton, New Jersey's favorite pistol-packing, condom-carrying bounty hunter, is back--and on the trail of a revenge-seeking waitress who's skipped bail. With then help of 73-year-old Grandma Mazur, ex-hooker Lula, a transvestite musician named Sally Sweet, and the all-too-hospitable, all-too-sexy Joe Morelli, Stephanie might just catch her woman. Then again, with more mishaps than there are exits on the Jersey Turnpike--including murders, firebombs, and Stephanie's arch-rival bounty hunter chasing after the same fugative--Stephanie better watch her back big-time if she wants to live to crack this case.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,407,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible