Hot Six by Janet Evanovich

Hot Six (original 2000; edition 2001)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Member:joeeasterly
Title:Hot Six
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Fiction & Literature, Audiobooks
Rating:***
Tags:mystery fiction, crime

Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, No. 6) by Janet Evanovich (2000)

English (76)  French (2)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (83)
Hot Six
Stephanie Plum, Book 6

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series

The Characters:

Stephanie Plum:
Joe, Lula, Ranger

The Story:

Things in Stephanie’s world never slow down. Ranger has skipped bail, Grandma has moved in and Stephanie now has to take over looking for the big sharks at the bail bond agency. This of course brings trouble for Stephanie and her sidekick Lula.

The narrator was better this time still not great with the different voices but not as distracting.

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | May 31, 2019 |
Another fun mystery from Evanovich. In this one Ranger is the FTA. A local gun runner was found inside a burned building and Ranger was the last one to be seen at the scene of the crime. Ranger we all know is going to be a hard one to catch. Full of what we've come to expect from a Stephanie Plum novel, her car gets destroyed again. A few of the fun character that are thrown in are Mooner, the Dealer and we meet Bob the dog in this one. Fun quick read. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jan 12, 2019 |
Stephanie Plum is the ultimate character, dealing with her grandma, Ranger skipping bail, dog ownership, and more. This book made me laugh and smile. Didn't want to put it down. Full of action and comedy, Hot Six is a must read. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
This was a short one...
I listened to the audio version of this one after listening to One for the Money - this was the next one that my local library had available.
Book 1 hooked me on Stephanie Plum so I was glad to jump right ahead to Hot Six and find out that she's still working for her cousin Vinnie, still in some kind of love with both Ranger and Morelli, still being a good mother to Rex the hamster, still having dinner at her mother's house....

I'll keep reading / listening to the Stephanie Plum series.... ( )
  CYGeeker | Sep 6, 2018 |
Kind of a slow start, but eventually it got back to the Stephanie Plum I know and love :) All in all, a good book. ( )
  fogisbeautiful | Feb 13, 2018 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mazar, DebiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Eileen Hoffman and Larry Martine for suggesting the title for this book.
Okay, so here's the thing.
Unknown if audiobook is abridged or unabridged.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312976275, Mass Market Paperback)

Never mind who did the deed with New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum at the end of High Five. Five months later, that night's only a dim, cherished memory, and Stephanie's freezing her butt off on a Trenton bridge trying to keep her friend Carol--caught shoplifting some crotchless panties she was too embarrassed to buy--from committing suicide.
Truth is, I didn't for a minute think she'd jump. For one thing, she was wearing a four-hundred-dollar jacket from Wilson Leather. You just don't jump off a bridge in a four-hundred-dollar jacket. It isn't done. The jacket would get ruined. Carol was from the Chambersburg section of Trenton, just like me, and in the Burg you gave the jacket to your sister, then you jumped off the bridge.
When Stephanie finally talks Carol down and makes it in to work at Vincent Plum Bail Bonds, it's only to find that her libido-boosting pal Ranger, the professional bounty hunter and sometime hit man, has disappeared. A building owned by black-market arms dealer Alexander Ramos has burned down, with Ramos's son Homer lying inside, dead from a gunshot wound. Ranger, who was caught on film there by video cameras, is wanted for questioning. Stephanie's boss Vinnie wants her to find him, but Stephanie, who knows she won't find Ranger if he doesn't want to be found, refuses. Soon everyone, from her cop boyfriend Joe Morelli to the two Laurel and Hardy wannabes who suddenly start following her around Trenton in a badass black Lincoln, thinks she's hot on Ranger's trail.

And Stephanie's got other things to worry about. For one thing, Grandma Mazur's moved in with her, and so has Bob, a golden retriever who's only partly house trained. Then Ranger starts popping up at odd times of the night, with instructions for Stephanie to keep an eye on another Ramos son, Hannibal. Add to that one homicidal maniac, a couple more dead bodies, Stephanie's usual bad car karma, and the zit from hell, and you've got yourself one fine Stephanie Plum adventure. Will Stephanie triumph? You can bet a jelly doughnut on it. And there's another great cliffhanger waiting at the end. --Barrie Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:31 -0400)

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum tries to get her mentor Carlos off the hook when he becomes a murder suspect.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,538,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible