Due di troppo - I casi di Stephanie Plum n.…

Due di troppo - I casi di Stephanie Plum n. 2 (1996)

by Evanovich Janet, Massaron Stefano (Translator)

6,502120587 (3.91)52
Member:saintwo2005
Title:Due di troppo - I casi di Stephanie Plum n. 2
Authors:Evanovich Janet
Other authors:Massaron Stefano (Translator)
Info:Salani
Tags:2000, narrativa

Two For The Dough by Janet Evanovich (1996)

English (115)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (119)
Stephanie Plum's back and this time she's bringing Grandma Mazur along for the ride. She needs Grandma to help with a case involving stolen caskets but Grandma seems to be more trouble than she's worth. In the meantime Plum's also trying to track down a guy she knows from the burg suspected of killing a friend. As usual, things don't work quite the way they should! ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
BOTTOM-LINE:
Another great one in the series
PLOT OR PREMISE:
This is the second book in the Stephanie Plum series, new bounty hunter. This time around first love's distant cousin, Kenny Mancuso, is supposed to be a relatively easy pickup. Sure, he shot a guy, his best friend, but he's not all that bright. Except that he's fresh out of the army and suddenly wealthy.
WHAT I LIKED:
I liked the expansion of the role by Plum's grandmother, even though I thought she was over the top in the first one. Here, it's funny, as she is out of control. She goes to a funeral with a closed coffin for a guy who was shot, and she opens the coffin to see what he looks like. Another dead guy has a strange looking ring so she touches the hand and the finger comes off. Don't even ask about her shooting a gun. The love story with Morelli moves along a bit until he screws up (as all men do) and the brakes come on hard. Add in the sub-plot of 24 missing coffins, and the read is a riot. An improvement over the first book, and further expansion of some nice supporting characters.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
There are a few too many guys running around with no real explanation, and the major baddie Kenny does a pretty good job of going wherever he wants to despite a large number of people looking for him (remembering that he wasn't too bright to begin with).
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Mar 25, 2016 |
Lorelei King
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This is a re-read for me. Not really sure how many times I've read it but, a few. I've decided recently to re-read the series and they still are for me a quick read.

This is the second book in the Stephanie Plum Series, and still is to this day my favorite. Mostly because I love the character of Grandma Mazur. She is hilarious and I love that she doesn't take crap from anyone and does what she wants to do at her age. I also like the dynamics between her and Joe, typical cat and mouse. ( )
  welkeral | Mar 20, 2016 |
To Alex and Peter

Because they're always had more faith than common sense-and are careful not to step on a dream.
I knew Ranger was beside me because I could see his earring gleaming in the moonlight.

Kenny Mancuso shot his childhood buddy Moogey Bues in the knee and then jumped bail. Now bounty hunter extraordinaire Stephanie Plum is on the case to track Kenny down.

Then someone finishes Moogey off, Kenny can't be found, twenty-four coffins are missing, and there's some ex-army heavy artillery roaming the streets. And Joe Morelli - the cop with more than a professional interest in her every move - is tailing Stephanie.

With a healthy disregard for the law, and an unhealthy dependence on marshmallow hot chocolate, Stephanie's a match for anyone - even Morelli. That is, until her eccentric grandmother goes AWOL and little pieces of corpses start to disappear...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312948964, Mass Market Paperback)

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is still learning the ropes at her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office, so when she sets out on the trail of Kenny Mancuso--a suspiciously wealthy, working class Trenton boy who has just shot his best friend--the stakes are higher than ever. That Mancuso is distantly related to vice cop Joe Morelli--who is trying to beat Stephanie to the punch--only makes the hunt more thrilling….

Taking pointers from her bounty hunter pal, Ranger, and using her pistol-packing Granda Mazur as a decoy, Stephanie is soon closing in on her mark. But Morelli and his libido are worthy foes. And a more sinister kind of enemy has made his first move…and his next move might be Stephanie's last.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:50 -0400)

Pursuing Kenny Mancuso, who fled after inadvertently shooting his best friend, New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum becomes involved in an all-out manhunt for gunrunners and illegal weapons and is pursued by vice cop Joe Morelli.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,134,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible