Due di troppo - I casi di Stephanie Plum n.…

Due di troppo - I casi di Stephanie Plum n. 2 (1996)

by Evanovich Janet, Massaron Stefano (Translator)

Member:saintwo2005
Title:Due di troppo - I casi di Stephanie Plum n. 2
Authors:Evanovich Janet
Other authors:Massaron Stefano (Translator)
Info:Salani
Tags:2000, narrativa

Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich (1996)

English (118)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (122)
Steph Plum Bounty hunter — Nancy reads was funny, quick read

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is still learning the ropes at her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office, so when she sets out on the trail of Kenny Mancuso - a suspiciously weatlhy, working class Trenton boy who has just shot his best friend - the stakes are higher than ever. That Mancuso is distantly related to vice cop Joe Morelli - who is trying to beat Stephanie to the punch - only makes the hunt more thrilling...
  christinejoseph | Jul 22, 2016 |
Eh. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |

This is one of those times where I remembered liking a book more the first time I read it. Re-reading it, I found I'm just not a big Evanovich fan. She has a style of cutesy, short and abbreviated writing style that doesn't suit me. I will say at least it's easy to read and quick to breeze through.

There IS genuine humor that works - I laughed out loud a few times - but some of it comes off as forced and a little contrived. Stephanie is motivated by the greed of success, but I don't see much else about her as a realistic character. Morelli is probably the best part, as he's amusing too but his dialogue is well constructed (the scene with Ranger and the truck was probably the best part of the book.) I know many love the Grandmother, and she is cute, but she's also stereotypical - as is the mother and father.

These books are fun - the plots are creative enough for this type, the humor is real, the writing easy to digest, characters enjoyable to a point....but it doesn't have a deep core or that much substance other than some predictable staples. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Stephanie Plum's back and this time she's bringing Grandma Mazur along for the ride. She needs Grandma to help with a case involving stolen caskets but Grandma seems to be more trouble than she's worth. In the meantime Plum's also trying to track down a guy she knows from the burg suspected of killing a friend. As usual, things don't work quite the way they should! ( )
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
  mamashepp | Mar 29, 2016 |
To Alex and Peter

Because they're always had more faith than common sense-and are careful not to step on a dream.
I knew Ranger was beside me because I could see his earring gleaming in the moonlight.

Kenny Mancuso shot his childhood buddy Moogey Bues in the knee and then jumped bail. Now bounty hunter extraordinaire Stephanie Plum is on the case to track Kenny down.

Then someone finishes Moogey off, Kenny can't be found, twenty-four coffins are missing, and there's some ex-army heavy artillery roaming the streets. And Joe Morelli - the cop with more than a professional interest in her every move - is tailing Stephanie.

With a healthy disregard for the law, and an unhealthy dependence on marshmallow hot chocolate, Stephanie's a match for anyone - even Morelli. That is, until her eccentric grandmother goes AWOL and little pieces of corpses start to disappear...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312948964, Mass Market Paperback)

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is still learning the ropes at her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office, so when she sets out on the trail of Kenny Mancuso--a suspiciously wealthy, working class Trenton boy who has just shot his best friend--the stakes are higher than ever. That Mancuso is distantly related to vice cop Joe Morelli--who is trying to beat Stephanie to the punch--only makes the hunt more thrilling….

Taking pointers from her bounty hunter pal, Ranger, and using her pistol-packing Granda Mazur as a decoy, Stephanie is soon closing in on her mark. But Morelli and his libido are worthy foes. And a more sinister kind of enemy has made his first move…and his next move might be Stephanie's last.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:50 -0400)

Pursuing Kenny Mancuso, who fled after inadvertently shooting his best friend, New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum becomes involved in an all-out manhunt for gunrunners and illegal weapons and is pursued by vice cop Joe Morelli.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,422,006 books! | Top bar: Always visible