Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, No. 2)…

Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, No. 2) (Stephanie Plum Novels) (original 1996; edition 2007)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:kresslya
Title:Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, No. 2) (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2007), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:stephanie, plum, ranger, grandma, joe, mystery, bounty hunter

Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich (1996)

Recently added bydlcooper, private library, softballjunkie123, MareF, Beth_Snell, AnneHagan

English (103)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  Swedish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (107)
I loved it, as I did the first one. I think I need mindless entertainment, though, as a general rule. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
Don't remember this one anymore. Just another one in the series. But I do enjoy the series. More for the humor than they mystery. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Apr 11, 2015 |
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |
This is the second book in Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. In this one, neophyte bounty hunter Plum goes after a guy accused of kneecapping his buddy and takes a side job involving tracking down some missing coffins. Needless to say, it all gets more dangerous than anticipated.

I think I liked this one a little bit more than the first one. Partly that may be because I knew exactly what to expect from it going in, but it also had some very dark humor that actually made me laugh in places, which One for the Money didn't so much. Still, like the first one, this can only be described as "brain candy." And, honestly, it's not even really high-quality brain candy. It's like the literary equivalent of Circus Peanuts. But, god help me, I can eat a whole bag of those things. ( )
  bragan | Mar 25, 2015 |
Another good book by Janet Evanovich. I love her characters! ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
To Alex and Peter

Because they're always had more faith than common sense-and are careful not to step on a dream.
I knew Ranger was beside me because I could see his earring gleaming in the moonlight.

Kenny Mancuso shot his childhood buddy Moogey Bues in the knee and then jumped bail. Now bounty hunter extraordinaire Stephanie Plum is on the case to track Kenny down.

Then someone finishes Moogey off, Kenny can't be found, twenty-four coffins are missing, and there's some ex-army heavy artillery roaming the streets. And Joe Morelli - the cop with more than a professional interest in her every move - is tailing Stephanie.

With a healthy disregard for the law, and an unhealthy dependence on marshmallow hot chocolate, Stephanie's a match for anyone - even Morelli. That is, until her eccentric grandmother goes AWOL and little pieces of corpses start to disappear...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312948964, Mass Market Paperback)

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is still learning the ropes at her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office, so when she sets out on the trail of Kenny Mancuso--a suspiciously wealthy, working class Trenton boy who has just shot his best friend--the stakes are higher than ever. That Mancuso is distantly related to vice cop Joe Morelli--who is trying to beat Stephanie to the punch--only makes the hunt more thrilling….

Taking pointers from her bounty hunter pal, Ranger, and using her pistol-packing Granda Mazur as a decoy, Stephanie is soon closing in on her mark. But Morelli and his libido are worthy foes. And a more sinister kind of enemy has made his first move…and his next move might be Stephanie's last.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:50 -0400)

Pursuing Kenny Mancuso, who fled after inadvertently shooting his best friend, New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum becomes involved in an all-out manhunt for gunrunners and illegal weapons and is pursued by vice cop Joe Morelli.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,960,328 books! | Top bar: Always visible