Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

Lean Mean Thirteen (2007)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (13)

4,559None1,048 (3.88)41
2007 (46) 2008 (19) bounty hunter (133) chick lit (52) comedy (43) contemporary (22) crime (64) crime fiction (25) detective (26) ebook (21) Evanovich (25) fiction (287) funny (24) hardcover (23) humor (204) Janet Evanovich (29) library (17) mystery (529) New Jersey (93) novel (16) own (19) Plum (25) read (59) read in 2007 (28) romance (74) series (77) Stephanie Plum (278) Stephanie Plum Series (37) to-read (38) Trenton (15)

I'm really sad Stephanies sister Valerie seems to disappear from the series starting with this one. she was such a lovable character with her weird husband and silly kids. ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
The bright spot of this book was that for a short time everyone thought that Dickie Orr was dead. Unfortunately it turns out that Dickie isn't dead. This book kept my attention but I felt that it was ok but not great. I'm just hoping the next book has less Joyce in it. ( )
  dpappas | May 8, 2013 |
As usual it’s a fun romp through the streets of Trenton with Stephanie Plum and crew. As I’ve said in other reviews of this series these are fun mind candy reads. They are formulaic, but for me they still work because I think the characters are hilarious. ( )
  Jaguar897 | Mar 31, 2013 |
I still enjoyed it, even though sometimes they feel a little predictable. ( )
  scote23 | Mar 30, 2013 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, Loreleisecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hugs and thank-yous to my fabulous editor--SuperJen Enderlin.
Thanks to Sara Parker for Suggesting the title for this book.
For the last five minutes, I'd been parked outside my cousin Vinnie's bail bonds office in my crapola car, debating whether to continue on with my day, or return to my apartment and crawl back into bed.

New secrets, old flames, and hidden agendas are about to send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most outrageous adventure yet!

MISTAKE #1
Dickie Orr
Stephanie was married to him for about fifteen minutes before she caught him cheating on her with her archnemesis, Joyce Barnhardt. Another fifteen minutes after that, Stephanie filed for divorce, hoping never to see either one of them again.

MISTAKE #2
Doing favors for super bounty hunter Carlos Manoso (aka Ranger)
Ranger needs Stephanie to meet with Dickie and find out if he's doing something shady. Turns out, he is. Turns out, Dickie's also back to doing Joyce Barnhardt. And it turns out Ranger's favors always come with a price. . . .

MISTAKE #3
Going completely nutso while doing the favor for Ranger, and trying to apply bodily injury to Dickie in front of the entire office
Now Dickie has disappeared, and Stephanie is the natural suspect in his disappearance. Is Dickie dead? Can he be found? And can Stephanie Plum stay one step ahead in this new, dangerous game? Joe Morelli, the hottest cop in Trenton, New Jersey, is also keeping Stephanie on her toes---and he may know more than he's saying about many things in Stephanie's life. It's a cat-and-mouse game for Stephanie Plum wherein the ultimate prize might be her life.

With Janet Evanovich's flair for hilarious situations, breathtaking action, and unforgettable characters, Lean Mean Thirteen shows why no one can beat Evanovich for blockbuster entertainment.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:54 -0400)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,461,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible