Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

Lean Mean Thirteen (edition 2007)

by Janet Evanovich (Author)

Member:joeeasterly
Title:Lean Mean Thirteen
Authors:Janet Evanovich (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Press (2007), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Fiction & Literature, Audiobooks
Rating:***
Tags:mystery fiction, crime

Lean Mean Thirteen (Stephanie Plum, No. 13) by Janet Evanovich

English (106)  French (1)  All languages (107)
My rating would actually be 3.5 because this is the first time in a while that I was able to enjoy the series. It had a lot to do with Stephanie not doing so many stupid things (i.e., she let Ranger and Morelli watch out for her). ( )
  LynneCatherine | Mar 21, 2018 |
BOTTOM-LINE:
Good addition with lots of extra but useful characters
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Ranger needs Stephanie to find out what's going on with Dickie Orr, her ex-husband. Which she does, in normal Stephanie fashion - she brings the crazy.
WHAT I LIKED:
Dickie going missing is no big deal, but at least it's the basis for a decent plot. Sort of, anyway. But the exploding taxidermy makes up for it. Plus everyone's views on the cable company.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
Very little -- even Joyce and Dickie were okay this go around. The flamethrower was a bit over the top though
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Sep 27, 2017 |
Another ridiculous romp. ( )
  Laurochka | Aug 18, 2017 |
Book thirteen (ish) in Janet Evanovich's series about hapless bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. In this one, Stephanie loses her temper at her ex-husband, then becomes a suspect when he suddenly disappears.

The plots of these are usually pretty forgettable, but, I swear, I was forgetting this one even while I was in the process of reading it. It was reasonably amusing, though. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but pleasantly silly in a fairly consistent way, which is about all I expect from this series. I am still annoyed by the way Evanovich keeps trying to write guys being sexy but misses the mark and hits "skeevy" instead. But, hey, at least there were no fat jokes in this one! ( )
  bragan | Apr 10, 2017 |
This 13th installment of the Stephanie Plum series is a winner! Along with an engaging plot, the mounting competition between Stephanie's men for her affections makes the book entertaining, as usual. ( )
  hemlokgang | Dec 20, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, Loreleisecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hugs and thank-yous to my fabulous editor--SuperJen Enderlin.
Thanks to Sara Parker for Suggesting the title for this book.
For the last five minutes, I'd been parked outside my cousin Vinnie's bail bonds office in my crapola car, debating whether to continue on with my day, or return to my apartment and crawl back into bed.

New secrets, old flames, and hidden agendas are about to send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most outrageous adventure yet!

MISTAKE #1
Dickie Orr
Stephanie was married to him for about fifteen minutes before she caught him cheating on her with her archnemesis, Joyce Barnhardt. Another fifteen minutes after that, Stephanie filed for divorce, hoping never to see either one of them again.

MISTAKE #2
Doing favors for super bounty hunter Carlos Manoso (aka Ranger)
Ranger needs Stephanie to meet with Dickie and find out if he's doing something shady. Turns out, he is. Turns out, Dickie's also back to doing Joyce Barnhardt. And it turns out Ranger's favors always come with a price. . . .

MISTAKE #3
Going completely nutso while doing the favor for Ranger, and trying to apply bodily injury to Dickie in front of the entire office
Now Dickie has disappeared, and Stephanie is the natural suspect in his disappearance. Is Dickie dead? Can he be found? And can Stephanie Plum stay one step ahead in this new, dangerous game? Joe Morelli, the hottest cop in Trenton, New Jersey, is also keeping Stephanie on her toes---and he may know more than he's saying about many things in Stephanie's life. It's a cat-and-mouse game for Stephanie Plum wherein the ultimate prize might be her life.

With Janet Evanovich's flair for hilarious situations, breathtaking action, and unforgettable characters, Lean Mean Thirteen shows why no one can beat Evanovich for blockbuster entertainment.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:13 -0400)

Trenton, New Jersey, bounty hunter Stephanie Plum, along with her offbeat family and associates, embarks on her thirteenth perilous adventure. This time, she is a suspect when her ex-husband disappears after she roughed him up in public.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,539,322 books! | Top bar: Always visible