To the Nines by Janet Evanovich

To the Nines (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:wimstu
Title:To the Nines
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Headline Review (2004), Edition: New Ed, Paperback
Tags:Fiction, Crime, Humour, Stephanie Plum

To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9) by Janet Evanovich (2003)

Hasta la Vista, Lola! by Misa Ramirez (readafew)
    readafew: Lola is a cross between Stephanie Plum and Kinsey Milhone
    How to Lose a Client by Becky A. Bartness (readafew)
    readafew: I would say How to Lose a Client is a similar kind of humor to Stephanie plum novels.

English (62)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (65)
Here is another Stephanie Plum book that is sure to delight readers. Ranger and Lulu are here to help Stephanie get her man. Again, I just love everyone in this series. They really do bring the fun.

The best part is that the men that Stephanie is after are not always the brightest but some how they seem to give Stephanie a run for her money. Luckily, she does have Ranger to help her. When he walks into a room; people pay attention to him.

There were so many funny moments that I can't pick a favorite. All I know is that I could not stop reading and laughing. Each book seems to get better if that is possible. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 20, 2018 |
I read the first few books and found them funny. After similar plots, I began to get bored. ( )
  godmotherx5 | Apr 5, 2018 |
After a long hiatus from this series, I decided to give this book another try after not making it to the end the first time. It's an easy read (listen), but pretty predictable. It's not often I can spot the bad guy from a mile away, but in this case, Janet Evanovich made the perp seem so inept that it was no surprise when he was revealed. I also get annoyed when Stephanie puts herself into easily avoidable dangerous situations again and again. At least Morelli and Ranger are around to keep things interesting. (In fact, those characters are the reason I gave the book 3 stars instead of 2). ( )
  LynneCatherine | Mar 21, 2018 |
By far, the Stephanie Plum bounty hunter series is one of my favorite mystery series that never fails to make me laugh and is hard to put down. To the Nines was no exception. Although this time around Stephanie did not fall victim to her car blowing up, she did seem to work her way through bodyguards. In this fun filled mystery, Stephanie sets out to find a missing man and unwittingly finds herself as part of a deadly game where the winner is supposed to be the only one left alive. Ms. Evanovich’s colorful and fun loving characters continue to steal the show, making for an even more enjoyable read. ( )
  LiteraryFeline | Nov 25, 2017 |
BOTTOM-LINE:
Fun secondary characters but sloppy plotting
PLOT OR PREMISE:
To the Nines (St. Martin's Press, 2003, ISBN/ASIN: 978-0312991463, Plum (9)) is the ninth outing in the bounty hunter on LSD series, starring Stephanie Plum, Jersey girl. This one has Plum chasing an immigrant on a work visa bond, all the way from Jersey to Vegas.
WHAT I LIKED:
The girls' trip to Vegas was awesome with Connie along, and Stephanie's random wiping out of RangerMan employees is kind of epic.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
The "there's a psycho stalking me" subplot gets old pretty fast, and she's done it in at least four of the books so far. This one is actually menacing for a change, but that's about it, and the plot with Singh as immigrant is kind of bland. However, the main plot for the story is revealed only by happenstance, and that's a giant no-no for me. Almost no way to figure it out until some random tertiary character reveals it all at once. Sloppy plotting.
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, nor do I follow her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Sep 2, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Critt, C. J.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thanks to Denise Margo Moy for suggesting the title for this book.
My name is Stephanie Plum and I was born and raised in the Chambersburg section of Trenton, where the top male activies are scarfing pastries and pork rinds and growing love handles.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312991460, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum's got rent to pay, people shooting at her, and psychos wanting her dead every day of the week (much to the dismay of her mother, her family, the men in her life, the guy who slices meat at the deli...oh, the list goes on). An ordinary person would cave under the pressure.

But hey, she's from Jersey.

Stephanie Plum may not be the best bounty hunter in beautiful downtown Trenton, but she's pretty darn good at turning bad situations her way...and she always gets her man. In
To The Nines, her cousin Vinnie (who's also her boss) has posted bail on Samuel Singh, an immigrant who becomes an illegal alien by violating his Visa and extending his stay in the United States. When the elusive Mr. Singh goes missing, Stephanie is on the case. But what she uncovers is far more sinister than anyone imagines and leads to a group of killers who give new meaning to the word "hunter..."

In a race against time that takes her from the Jersey Turnpike to the Vegas strip, Stephanie Plum is on the chase of her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:59 -0400)

Pursuing a skip, Stephanie travels to Las Vegas, where she meets up with Sally Sweet, Joe Morelli, and Ranger, and works to outmaneuver a trio of mobsters who are determined to prevent Stephanie's return home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,398,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible