To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9) by…

To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:RachelfromSarasota
Title:To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***
Tags:humorous thriller series / Stephanie Plum bounty hunter

To the Nines by Janet Evanovich (2003)

Recently added byJazMinderr, private library, IamFluff, Lori.Slade, silverr, nickdreamsong, dm13
    Hasta la Vista, Lola! by Misa Ramirez (readafew)
    readafew: Lola is a cross between Stephanie Plum and Kinsey Milhone
    How to Lose a Client by Becky A. Bartness (readafew)
    readafew: I would say How to Lose a Client is a similar kind of humor to Stephanie plum novels.

English (48)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (50)
Did not finish. *sighs* She had to turn a funny, fluffy series into something just a little more dark and serious. Plus, really, how many books is she going to write with Stephanie and Morelli chasing each other? ( )
  lesmel | Jun 26, 2014 |
In To the Nines, Stephanie Plum, reluctant bounty hunter extraordinaire, has a new F.T.A.: Samuel Singh. Unlike the majority of F.T.A.s, Singh is on a worker's visa. He's originally from India. It's very important that Stephanie finds him or else Vinnie will be the laughingstock of New Jersey. That sounds simple enough but nothing is ever simple for Stephanie.

On the journey to locate Singh, she begins to get stalk by someone leaving on red roses and white carnations for her. Along with creepy stalker emails and love notes. Not to mention a high death count of everyone involved with Singh and even an unsolved murder and random tranquilizer shots to the back. It seems to be all part of some online role playing game where players have to eliminate each other in order to get the prize. Unfortunately for Stephanie, she's the prize.

On the home front, her mother is having a panic attack about her increasingly growing and claustrophobic household. Her very pregnant sister Valerie cannot decide if she want to marry the lovable but goofy Alfred and Stephanie doesn't know if marriage and babies are in her future with Joe Morelli. Then there's always Ranger...

I really enjoyed To the Nines. It was kind of creepy with the Web Master's game. It reminded me of a modern The Most Dangerous Game which freaked me out. Although, I did see the identity of the Web Master a mile away. I was impressed with the characterization of Stephanie. She is no longer the helpless thing she used to be. Not that she was really helpless to begin with. She was more docile. In To the Nines, Stephanie was actually getting some punches in.

I also liked the evolution of her relationship with Morelli. There was some real growth and maturity between the characters. I still hope they won't get married. That would switch up their dynamic way too much. A part of me is secretly hoping she'll get with Ranger. ( )

Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
A Visa bond goes missing and Stephanie has to track him down. She, Lula, and Connie go to Vegas. Rescue a dog. And Stephanie becomes a prize in a murder game.

Like all Stephanie Plum books, this is just a good time. ( )
  bookwormteri | Mar 13, 2014 |
Thanks to Denise Margo Moy for suggesting the title for this book.
My name is Stephanie Plum and I was born and raised in the Chambersburg section of Trenton, where the top male activies are scarfing pastries and pork rinds and growing love handles.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312991460, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum's got rent to pay, people shooting at her, and psychos wanting her dead every day of the week (much to the dismay of her mother, her family, the men in her life, the guy who slices meat at the deli...oh, the list goes on). An ordinary person would cave under the pressure.

But hey, she's from Jersey.

Stephanie Plum may not be the best bounty hunter in beautiful downtown Trenton, but she's pretty darn good at turning bad situations her way...and she always gets her man. In
To The Nines, her cousin Vinnie (who's also her boss) has posted bail on Samuel Singh, an immigrant who becomes an illegal alien by violating his Visa and extending his stay in the United States. When the elusive Mr. Singh goes missing, Stephanie is on the case. But what she uncovers is far more sinister than anyone imagines and leads to a group of killers who give new meaning to the word "hunter..."

In a race against time that takes her from the Jersey Turnpike to the Vegas strip, Stephanie Plum is on the chase of her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:51 -0400)

Pursuing a skip, Stephanie travels to Las Vegas, where she meets up with Sally Sweet, Joe Morelli, and Ranger, and works to outmaneuver a trio of mobsters who are determined to prevent Stephanie's return home.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,624,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible