To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9) by…

To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:RachelfromSarasota
Title:To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***
Tags:humorous thriller series / Stephanie Plum bounty hunter

To The Nines by Janet Evanovich (2003)

Hasta la Vista, Lola! by Misa Ramirez (readafew)
    readafew: Lola is a cross between Stephanie Plum and Kinsey Milhone
    How to Lose a Client by Becky A. Bartness (readafew)
    readafew: I would say How to Lose a Client is a similar kind of humor to Stephanie plum novels.

English (57)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (60)
This was the first Stephanie Plum novel that I read-- and now I'm hooked! The book was hilarious, but it also had it's serious and scary moments. I loved the scenes with the Plum family-- they made MY family look "normal." I would definitely recommend this book to other readers.
  HSContino | May 20, 2016 |
Book nine (or is it ten? nine and a half?) in Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. This time, Stephanie is out to apprehend a guy whose US work visa is about to expire, which involves following him to Las Vegas. Meanwhile, someone keeps sending her flowers, but not in a good way, and she begins to notice her biological clock ticking.

It's possible I was just in the wrong mood for Evanovich right now, but I think I may have reached the point where this series is starting to get old for me. There are some funny moments -- Stephanie switching out her bad luck with cars for bad luck with bodyguards was fun -- but a lot of the stuff that was meant to be funny -- an overdone running joke about Lula's diet, Stephanie's target's annoying landlady -- really just weren't.

Meanwhile, Stephanie's Lust Triangle of Doom, which I'm not a fan of, continues apace. And I am really, really ready to be done with plots that involve Stephanie being stalked. It's starting to be creepy in a bad way. And the revelation here of why she was being stalked in this one was just... dumb. I mean, OK, you don't read these books for the intelligent plots. Maybe the problem was mine for not being able to turn my brain off far enough (something I'm usually quite willing to do for this series so I can just sit back and enjoy the ridiculous ride). But... But it was really, really dumb. ( )
1 vote bragan | Apr 20, 2016 |
I love the characters in these Stephanie Plum novels. I guffawed aloud numerous times. Lula, the ex-hooker, was divine this time around. Joe Morelli's grandmother and her visions were wonderful as well. Great read! ( )
  hemlokgang | Mar 21, 2016 |
Typical Stephanie Plum adventure.
Bit obvious as I'd figure the bad guy out almost straight away - light relief as usual. ( )
  Laurochka | Feb 6, 2016 |
Bounty Hunter Stephanie Plum is partnered with Ranger when a man on a work visa bond goes missing and she finds herself caught up in a deadly game. All of the regulars are on hand to add chaotic humor and in a twist, instead of destroying cars, Stephanie is destroying Ranger’s men.

These books are potato chip reads; light and easy to get through and you’re done before you know it. Don’t expect any growth on Stephanie’s part and that’s part of the charm, as is the sexual tension with Ranger while in an “on again” stretch with Morelli. We see a lot of both in this book.

I don’t know how many times I’ve reread this book over the years, but it still brings enjoyment and a nice escape from reality. ( )
  dearheart | Aug 16, 2015 |
Thanks to Denise Margo Moy for suggesting the title for this book.
My name is Stephanie Plum and I was born and raised in the Chambersburg section of Trenton, where the top male activies are scarfing pastries and pork rinds and growing love handles.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312991460, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum's got rent to pay, people shooting at her, and psychos wanting her dead every day of the week (much to the dismay of her mother, her family, the men in her life, the guy who slices meat at the deli...oh, the list goes on). An ordinary person would cave under the pressure.

But hey, she's from Jersey.

Stephanie Plum may not be the best bounty hunter in beautiful downtown Trenton, but she's pretty darn good at turning bad situations her way...and she always gets her man. In
To The Nines, her cousin Vinnie (who's also her boss) has posted bail on Samuel Singh, an immigrant who becomes an illegal alien by violating his Visa and extending his stay in the United States. When the elusive Mr. Singh goes missing, Stephanie is on the case. But what she uncovers is far more sinister than anyone imagines and leads to a group of killers who give new meaning to the word "hunter..."

In a race against time that takes her from the Jersey Turnpike to the Vegas strip, Stephanie Plum is on the chase of her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:59 -0400)

Pursuing a skip, Stephanie travels to Las Vegas, where she meets up with Sally Sweet, Joe Morelli, and Ranger, and works to outmaneuver a trio of mobsters who are determined to prevent Stephanie's return home.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,903,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible