Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

Ten Big Ones (2004)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (10)

English (55)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (58)
The best plotting in all of her books so far, I think. I didn't like Sally in the earlier books, but I really liked him in this one for some reason. Several laugh-out-loud moments. And I liked that Stephanie found a Ranger hide-out. A book for people who occasionally need a dose of light-minded levity. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |
Stephanie Plum continues her work as a bounty hunter in New Jersey. She accidentally gets involved with a gang that brings in a hit man to kill her. She has disagreements on dealing with the gang with her on/off boyfriend Officer Joe Morelli. She gets help from fellow sexy bounty hunter Ranger, her co-worker Lula and her grandmother.

This was a light and humorous story throughout. The characters are distinct, quirky and funny. Stephanie is very likable although she does some stupid things. But she admits often when she listens to the stupid part of her brain which explains it for me. This was a fun book to read. ( )
  gaylebutz | Feb 19, 2015 |
I just flat out enjoyed this one. Lots of fun. Sally, Grandma, and Lulu are still over the top a bit, but it was a fun read. Stephanie's weight can change in a matter of hours... one day her fat overhangs her belt, the next, she can snap her jeans without the overhang (weird; too bad real life doesn't work that way).

Another reviewer said: "Also, I'm not a big Lula and Grandma Mazur fan. When they start hanging around with Steph, the collective IQ drops, no surprise. It's like The Wacky Adventures of the Three Stooges." I have to agree with that reviewer. I thought Grandma was cute at first, but now she is annoying me.

I liked the plot in this one, and several instances made me laugh. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
Funny! performed by Lorelei King – my favorite via audio! It begins as an innocent trip to the deli-mart, on a quest for nachos. But Stephanie Plum and her partner, Lula, are clearly in the wrong place at the wrong time. A robbery leads to an explosion, which leads to the destruction of yet another car. It would be just another day in the life of Stephanie Plum…except that she becomes the target of a gang. And the target of an even scarier, more dangerous force that comes to Trenton. With super bounty hunter Ranger acting more mysteriously than ever (and the tension with vice cop Joe Morelli getting hotter), Stephanie finds herself with a decision to make: how to protect herself and where to hide while on the hunt for a killer known as the Junkman. There’s only one safe place, and it has Ranger’s name all over it-if she can find it. And if the Junkman doesn’t find her first. With Lula riding shotgun and Grandma Mazur on the loose, Stephanie Plum is racing against the clock in her most suspenseful novel yet. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, Loreleisecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vartia, TerhiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Book is an Evanovich/Enderlin publishing adventure. Thanks to SuperJen, AKA SuperEditor.
Thanks to Mitch Adelman for suggesting the title for this book.
The way I see it, life is a jelly doughnut.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312936222, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum, girl bounty hunter, the terror of Trenton, the bane of her boyfriend Joe Morelli's existence, and the delight of her crazy grandma's heart, is in the wrong place at the wrong time--as usual. Just happening to be indulging her nachos jones at a local deli when it's robbed by the notorious Red Devils, Plum is the eye witness who could put the gang leader, known as the Junkman, behind bars... if he just lets her live long enough. Looking for a place to hide out from the killer until the cops catch up with him, Stephanie sneaks into her fellow bounty hunter Ranger's apartment without telling Morelli, who's not overly fond of him. All the usual suspects in this long-running series are along for a wilder than ever ride, including Lula the gun-toting ex-hooker, Grandma Mazur, Stephanie's pregnant sister Valerie and her fiancé, as well as a host of minor characters who bring Trenton's seedier environs to life. Ten Big Ones is another madcap caper by a writer whose fans will doubtless catapult this easy beach read to the top of the bestseller list. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

Bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum is the only witness to a robbery by the notorious Red Devil's gang and hides out in fellow bounty hunter Ranger's apartment to escape the gang and other seedy characters while the police try to nab the culprits.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,406,999 books! | Top bar: Always visible