Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

Ten Big Ones (2004)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (10)

English (64)  Dutch (3)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  All (69)
Ok, but quite frustrating. ( )
  chermoon | May 3, 2017 |
I always enjoy Janet Evanovich's books, particularly those with Stephanie Plum in them. This book was the same, a fun, fairly quick read. The plot involves Stephanie inadvertently running over a gang member, resulting in a hit being put out on her. While she dodges the Junkman, she emotionally dodges Morelli and Ranger in typical fashion.

The subplot involving her sister Valerie's impending nuptials is funny, and the addition of Sally the bus-driving musician/drag queen made this book, in my opinion. Would love to have seem more of Grandma Mazur.

Stephanie needs to grow. She needs to toughen up a bit.

Without giving away the ending, I was disappointed. The ending was satisfying in the effect of the final actions of certain characters, but HOW it happened was disappointing. ( )
  LLRobinett | Jan 29, 2017 |
These are getting so ridiculous. However, they are fun, light reads. Stephanie manages to weasel her way out of MAJOR trouble JUST in time in this one. She also just needs to marry Morelli. ( )
  EllAreBee | Sep 19, 2016 |
Step. Plum detective — Joe Morelli + Ranger — still funny but I'm not laughing as hard after 10 Books

Swing off the Jersey Turnpike and you'll be in bounty hunter Stephanie Plum's neighborhood. You'll know it because all hell will be breaking loose. Not that she looks for trouble - it just seems to follow her. In Ten Big Ones it explodes at a deli, and when Stephanie pegs a robber as a member of a vicious Trenton gang, they peg her as dead. Vice cop Joe Morelli fears she's in way too deep - even with the help of crime-solving, cross-dressing, bus driver Sally Sweet, and Stephanie's friend Lula riding shotgun as backup. With a notorious killer on her tail, Stephanie figures the best hideout is Ranger's secret lair...
Original.
  christinejoseph | Jul 31, 2016 |
Yet another installment in Janet Evanovich's series about Stephanie Plum, the bumbling bounty hunter from Trenton, New Jersey. This time out Stephanie gets threatened by some gang members and finds an interesting new place to stay for a while.

It's mildly entertaining, in the pleasantly brainless way typical of this series, and I did like it better than the last one-and-a-half installments, which left me decidedly "meh." But the plots are getting increasingly formulaic and thin -- which, considering where they started, is saying something -- and I do wonder how many more of these I'm going to get through before I finally decide I'm completely tired of them. Especially as I'm already tired of certain elements, like the love triangle stuff, and the constant jokes about women getting fat. Still, for the moment the series is still filling its function of always being there for me when my brain is tired and needs something light and easy. ( )
  bragan | Jun 15, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, Loreleisecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vartia, TerhiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Book is an Evanovich/Enderlin publishing adventure. Thanks to SuperJen, AKA SuperEditor.
Thanks to Mitch Adelman for suggesting the title for this book.
The way I see it, life is a jelly doughnut.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312936222, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum, girl bounty hunter, the terror of Trenton, the bane of her boyfriend Joe Morelli's existence, and the delight of her crazy grandma's heart, is in the wrong place at the wrong time--as usual. Just happening to be indulging her nachos jones at a local deli when it's robbed by the notorious Red Devils, Plum is the eye witness who could put the gang leader, known as the Junkman, behind bars... if he just lets her live long enough. Looking for a place to hide out from the killer until the cops catch up with him, Stephanie sneaks into her fellow bounty hunter Ranger's apartment without telling Morelli, who's not overly fond of him. All the usual suspects in this long-running series are along for a wilder than ever ride, including Lula the gun-toting ex-hooker, Grandma Mazur, Stephanie's pregnant sister Valerie and her fiancé, as well as a host of minor characters who bring Trenton's seedier environs to life. Ten Big Ones is another madcap caper by a writer whose fans will doubtless catapult this easy beach read to the top of the bestseller list. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

Bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum is the only witness to a robbery by the notorious Red Devil's gang and hides out in fellow bounty hunter Ranger's apartment to escape the gang and other seedy characters while the police try to nab the culprits.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,097,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible