Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

Ten Big Ones (2004)

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (10)

4,747None984 (3.91)37
Recently added byY2Ash, mkbird, pathfindercentral, chelleanne71, private library, telleft, cbilbo, ReadyMcBookerson
2004 (19) adult (14) audiobook (15) bounty hunter (134) chick lit (61) comedy (55) contemporary (22) crime (79) crime fiction (30) detective (28) ebook (21) Evanovich (19) fiction (345) funny (22) hardcover (20) humor (230) Janet Evanovich (22) library (14) mystery (529) New Jersey (83) novel (21) own (29) Plum (25) read (90) romance (74) series (90) Stephanie Plum (297) Stephanie Plum Series (42) to-read (24) unread (16)

English (47)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (50)
More suspenseful than most of the others, this, I think, is the first time I actually worried about Stephanie – when the gang hires out for her murder. She decides to hide out at Ranger’s apartment (she was living with Morelli, but both worried about putting him in danger, and chafing at his overbearing “Stay at home!!!”, she leaves), which makes for sexiness, but no sex… Hmmm. This one also sees the return of Sally, the ugliest transvestite on the planet, and the upcoming marriage of Steph’s sister Valerie to the dumpily sweet Albert, and Lula, on a carb-free diet, who carts around meat in her purse, making her a favorite of dogs everywhere… ( )
  kayceel | Aug 22, 2013 |
Once again, Stephanie finds herself in the midst of trouble. I generally read Evanovich books as a filler between more serious novels, and this one fit the bill just fine. Realistically, Stephanie should've been dead a long time ago, and in this one she escapes a Trenton gang. As in other Plum novels, my favorite parts are the sexual tension between Stephanie & Morelli and/or Ranger. ( )
  indygo88 | Jun 19, 2013 |
Overall I did enjoy this one but Stephanie's immaturity and stubbornness really got on my nerves. Her ineptness just didn't seem humorous in this one but annoying. I really liked that we finally got to see were Ranger lives (it wasn't that bat cave but at least it was something). I still plan on continuing the series but I hope that the books start to pick up and that there are some changes. ( )
  dpappas | May 3, 2013 |
I haven't started Eleven on Top, but it seems that the ending to this one was a little too easy. I mean, gangs don't just leave you alone. From what I've heard, they don't stop until your dead...perhaps Stephanie has more visits from the Slayers.
  melissarochelle | Apr 13, 2013 |
Somehow I skipped this book when I was catching up on the series. I’ve already read up to Notorious Nineteen and like I had observed in that review, you can pretty much pick up this series anywhere without skipping a beat. Morelli and Plum are off and on again every other page, another car blows up, Ranger is still a man of mystery, lots of slapstick comedy…same old bullshit, etc. The only difference is that Val contemplates marriage and we learn Ranger’s choice of shower gel. Bvlgari…yummy!

What made this one comedic for me is that it starred one of my favorite side characters- Sally Sweet. I love Sally. Something about an extra hairy man in drag tickles my funny bone. I also liked some of the skips featured, like Carol who held up a Frito Lay truck in sheer PMS salt craving desperation and the woman who only gets into trouble for dental coverage. As crazy as these skips sound, you know in real life there are those that do even crazier crimes and they are what make the job fun. Kudos to Evanovich for not forgetting the crazies.
  Jaguar897 | Mar 31, 2013 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, Loreleisecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This Book is an Evanovich/Enderlin publishing adventure. Thanks to SuperJen, AKA SuperEditor.
Thanks to Mitch Adelman for suggesting the title for this book.
The way I see it, life is a jelly doughnut.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312936222, Mass Market Paperback)

Stephanie Plum, girl bounty hunter, the terror of Trenton, the bane of her boyfriend Joe Morelli's existence, and the delight of her crazy grandma's heart, is in the wrong place at the wrong time--as usual. Just happening to be indulging her nachos jones at a local deli when it's robbed by the notorious Red Devils, Plum is the eye witness who could put the gang leader, known as the Junkman, behind bars... if he just lets her live long enough. Looking for a place to hide out from the killer until the cops catch up with him, Stephanie sneaks into her fellow bounty hunter Ranger's apartment without telling Morelli, who's not overly fond of him. All the usual suspects in this long-running series are along for a wilder than ever ride, including Lula the gun-toting ex-hooker, Grandma Mazur, Stephanie's pregnant sister Valerie and her fiancé, as well as a host of minor characters who bring Trenton's seedier environs to life. Ten Big Ones is another madcap caper by a writer whose fans will doubtless catapult this easy beach read to the top of the bestseller list. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:51 -0400)

Bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum is the only witness to a robbery by the notorious Red Devil's gang and hides out in fellow bounty hunter Ranger's apartment to escape the gang and other seedy characters while the police try to nab the culprits.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,428,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible