Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum…

Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Novels) (edition 2009)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:MissYvonnee
Title:Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 308 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Novels) by Janet Evanovich

This installment of the Stephanie Plum series was cute. As always, the best characters are Grandma and Lula. I think it is time for Stephanie to choose Morelli or Ranger. ( )
  hemlokgang | Dec 27, 2018 |
I haven't written reviews of these books, but I really enjoyed them this summer. They're guaranteed to provide at least two LOLPIP moments each, which is never a bad thing. ( )
  CatherineBurkeHines | Nov 28, 2018 |
2.5 stars

Unfortunately, Finger Lickin' Fifteen was just another Stephanie Plum novel. Everything that happens is exactly the same as other books: her ineptitude at capturing FTAs, her car and/or house getting blown up, Lula eating constantly, etc. It's not funny anymore. I don't care what happens with Stephanie nor whom she decides to choose to date/marry/whatever. I am done with this series. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
The best laugh I have had in a long time from this book. In line with the other Stephanie Plum books. ( )
  sweetfe | Jun 6, 2018 |
Book fifteen (ish) in the Stephanie Plum series. In this one, Stephanie's lust object, Ranger, asks her to help him investigate some break-ins at places his company provides security for. Although why he has to rely on the generally incompetent Stephanie to figure this problem out for him, I have no idea. Also, Stephanie's friend Lula witnesses the beheading of a famous barbecue chef. (Whose name is Chipotle, thus proving that by this point Evanovich isn't even remotely trying to pretend that these books aren't 100% ridiculous.)

All of that probably makes it sound more substantial that it is, though, really, because pretty much all of that exists only to set up the sexual tension and wacky hijinks. Not that that's not usually what the plots in these books exist for, but this one really does seem even slighter than usual.

Otherwise, though, it's your basic Stephanie Plum novel. The same things that usually annoy me still annoy me: the love triangle, the fat jokes, the treatment of various kinds of sexual harassment as basically harmless fun for all involved. The humor is much the same as always, too, and I have to say, by this point I think it's wearing thin for me. Although there is one bit towards the end involving a hot dog costume that genuinely made me smile. Still, also as usual, it's a quick, effortless read.

Also, it made me really, really hungry for barbecue, but I'm not sure if I should count that for or against it. ( )
  bragan | Dec 24, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to Lauren Tsai.
Thanks to Ann and Chris Duffy for suggesting the title for this book.
When I was a kid, I was afraid of spiders and vegetables.  As an adult, I've eliminated vegetables from my fright-o-meter, but I've added a whole bunch of other stuff.  Homicidal maniacs, serial rapists, cellulite, Joe Morelli's Grandma Bella, rabid bats, and any form of organized exercise.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312383282, Hardcover)

Book Description
SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EVENT: The next Stephanie Plum novel, in which complications arise, loyalties are tested, cliffhangers are resolved, and donuts are eaten.

WHERE: Wherever books are sold across America

WHAT TO BRING: Sunglasses, insect repellant, a flotation device, suntan lotion, cheez-doodles, extra-large towel, fire extinguisher, baseball bat, lip balm, monkey leash, sixty three pieces of chewing gum, and one canister of oxygen (don’t ask). Hey, it’s a Stephanie Plum novel!

Janet Evanovich and Michael Connelly: Author One-to-One
In this Amazon exclusive, we brought together blockbuster authors Janet Evanovich and Michael Connelly and asked them to interview each other. Find out what two of the top authors of their genres have to say about their characters, writing process, and more. Michael Connelly is the bestselling author of the Harry Bosch series of novels as well as The Poet, Blood Work, Void Moon, Chasing the Dime, and the #1 New York Times bestseller The Lincoln Lawyer. He is a former newspaper reporter who has won numerous awards for his journalism and his novels. Read on to see Michael Connelly's questions for Janet Evanovich, or turn the tables to see what Evanovich asked Connelly.

Michael Connelly Connelly: Let's get the business out of the way. What's Finger Lickin' Fifteen, the new Stephanie Plum novel, all about and what brought you to the story?

Evanovich: I wanted to do a book that featured Stephanie's wheelman, Lula. Lula is one of my favorite characters because she's pulled herself up from hard times and now is just more of everything. Fifteen opens with Lula witnessing a crime, and it all gets complicated after that. We're talking about barbecue gone bad, cross-dressing firemen, dancing hot dogs, etc.

Connelly: You strike me as an author who is involved in every aspect of the publishing of her work. But the output--at least two solid novels a year--suggests otherwise, that you delegate all over the place so that you can focus on writing high-quality stuff. So which is it? (And if your answer is that you do indeed delegate, how the heck do you learn to do that?)

Evanovich: You reach a point in your career where the business side threatens to eclipse writing time and you either delegate or power back. I delegate everything but the writing. My daughter and her staff manage the website, the fan mail, the book tour, the author publicity and marketing. My son is my agent and finance officer and chief problem solver. When no one else can solve the problem it gets dumped on my son's desk! I oversee all aspects, but I've had to learn not to micro-manage.

Connelly: We have an author friend in common-- Robert Crais--who has steadfastly refused to sell or option his series character Elvis Cole to Hollywood. On the other hand, I've flogged Harry Bosch up and down the studio strip. (Interestingly enough, to the same effect--no movies made!) Where do you stand with Stephanie and will we ever see her on the big or small screen?

Evanovich: Jeez Louise, I wish I knew the answer to this one. TriStar owns the Plum franchise with Wendy Finerman attached as producer, and Wendy has been trying to get this sucker off the ground for fifteen years. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of three million people read each of my Plum books, but for whatever reason, TriStar has yet to greenlight the project.

Connelly: Speaking of that L.A. business, do you remember when we first met? Since you conveniently put numbers in your titles, it is easy for me to remember that it was fourteen years ago in L.A. I bet you don't remember the name of the restaurant, which sadly is no longer there. But, luckily, we're still here and my memory of that lunch is important to me because at the time we had probably sold a hundred books between us (not counting romance novels).

Evanovich: What I remember is that what I consider to be my graduating class (you, Crais, and Jan Burke) would get together at all the mystery conferences, and you would be our fearless leader!

Connelly: Did you know that in my most recent novel a very bad man plans to use a Janet Evanovich novel to get close to an unsuspecting, potential victim? It's scary stuff--the plan, not the Evanovich novel. Have you reached a stage where your work is part of the terrain and gets these sorts of little nods here and there?

Evanovich: Every now and then my name or one of my character names pops up and it's usually in the work of a friend. I think it's fun and I always reciprocate...so live in fear.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:56 -0400)

While recovering from an ill-timed makeup mishap, Lula is a witness to celebrity chef, Stanley Chipotle, losing his head--literally. Now Lula and Stephanie are on the hunt to identify the killers before Lula is next on the chopping block. Meantime, Ranger's recruited Stephanie's help for a top secret mission. Someone on the inside at Rangeman is leaking client information, determined to bring the company down. Can Stephanie hunt down a killer, a traitor, and keep Grandma out of the sauce?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,344,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible