Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum…

Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Novels) (edition 2009)

by Janet Evanovich

3,1911121,746 (3.69)60
Member:Shelen
Title:Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 308 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Stephanie Plum, headless chef, barbecue contest

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

Recently added bynancymyers, MiriamMartin, private library, kucher, olivianicole, JudithDCollins

Loved it...Lula is one funny character, love Joe Morelli, and of course Grandma Mazur...and as always King with her audio performance sets the stage for a fun ride when you are in the car listening!

Plum is working overtime tracking felons for the bonds office at night and snooping for security expert Carlos Manoso, A.K.A. Ranger, during the day. Can Stephanie hunt down two killers, a traitor, five skips, keep her grandmother out of the sauce, solve Ranger’s problems and not jump his bones? ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I thought I would take a dive back into this series for the sake of the brain candy factor. I'm giving the book four stars basically because it was so Ranger-heavy. I really did not care about the main plot line at all. I thought the most interesting parts involved Stephanie coming into her own while helping with Ranger's investigation. She's right though... She's stuck. And Lulu is still so very annoying, although the scenes with the fireman were better. Prolly be another long while before I get around to number 16. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels never failed to make me laugh until I cried and this is no exception. Some complain about the repititiveness of events but I don't mind at all as long as it makes sense and keeps me laughing. The only thing I would like to see is Stephanie move forward and finally commit to Morelli and perhaps even get married. Overall the series is still in top form and well-worth reading. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
I really enjoyed #15, Stephanie is off men so you know there are going to be a lot of scenes with Ranger and Morelli. This one had a lot more action starting with a head getting cut off with a meat cleaver and ends with Stephanie in a hotdog suit. Janet never disappoints! ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
The fifteenth installment of the Stephanie Plum series is not quite finger lickin' good - but still a fun read that doesn't tax your brain much. The plot was not as strong as the other ones, and Lula really started to grate on me after a couple of chapters. (The plot actually seemed to be secondary to the various hijinks of Lula and Grandma Mazur.) I'm glad I got this through a swap and didn't spend any money on it, especially the hardcover. Still, if you're a fan of the series, then you know what to expect, so you probably won't be terribly disappointed. (Although I am left wondering how much longer Evanovich can keep churning this stuff out.) ( )
  reckshow | Jan 21, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to Lauren Tsai.
Thanks to Ann and Chris Duffy for suggesting the title for this book.
When I was a kid, I was afraid of spiders and vegetables.  As an adult, I've eliminated vegetables from my fright-o-meter, but I've added a whole bunch of other stuff.  Homicidal maniacs, serial rapists, cellulite, Joe Morelli's Grandma Bella, rabid bats, and any form of organized exercise.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312383282, Hardcover)

Book Description
SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EVENT: The next Stephanie Plum novel, in which complications arise, loyalties are tested, cliffhangers are resolved, and donuts are eaten.

WHERE: Wherever books are sold across America

WHAT TO BRING: Sunglasses, insect repellant, a flotation device, suntan lotion, cheez-doodles, extra-large towel, fire extinguisher, baseball bat, lip balm, monkey leash, sixty three pieces of chewing gum, and one canister of oxygen (don’t ask). Hey, it’s a Stephanie Plum novel!

Janet Evanovich and Michael Connelly: Author One-to-One
In this Amazon exclusive, we brought together blockbuster authors Janet Evanovich and Michael Connelly and asked them to interview each other. Find out what two of the top authors of their genres have to say about their characters, writing process, and more. Michael Connelly is the bestselling author of the Harry Bosch series of novels as well as The Poet, Blood Work, Void Moon, Chasing the Dime, and the #1 New York Times bestseller The Lincoln Lawyer. He is a former newspaper reporter who has won numerous awards for his journalism and his novels. Read on to see Michael Connelly's questions for Janet Evanovich, or turn the tables to see what Evanovich asked Connelly.

Michael Connelly Connelly: Let's get the business out of the way. What's Finger Lickin' Fifteen, the new Stephanie Plum novel, all about and what brought you to the story?

Evanovich: I wanted to do a book that featured Stephanie's wheelman, Lula. Lula is one of my favorite characters because she's pulled herself up from hard times and now is just more of everything. Fifteen opens with Lula witnessing a crime, and it all gets complicated after that. We're talking about barbecue gone bad, cross-dressing firemen, dancing hot dogs, etc.

Connelly: You strike me as an author who is involved in every aspect of the publishing of her work. But the output--at least two solid novels a year--suggests otherwise, that you delegate all over the place so that you can focus on writing high-quality stuff. So which is it? (And if your answer is that you do indeed delegate, how the heck do you learn to do that?)

Evanovich: You reach a point in your career where the business side threatens to eclipse writing time and you either delegate or power back. I delegate everything but the writing. My daughter and her staff manage the website, the fan mail, the book tour, the author publicity and marketing. My son is my agent and finance officer and chief problem solver. When no one else can solve the problem it gets dumped on my son's desk! I oversee all aspects, but I've had to learn not to micro-manage.

Connelly: We have an author friend in common-- Robert Crais--who has steadfastly refused to sell or option his series character Elvis Cole to Hollywood. On the other hand, I've flogged Harry Bosch up and down the studio strip. (Interestingly enough, to the same effect--no movies made!) Where do you stand with Stephanie and will we ever see her on the big or small screen?

Evanovich: Jeez Louise, I wish I knew the answer to this one. TriStar owns the Plum franchise with Wendy Finerman attached as producer, and Wendy has been trying to get this sucker off the ground for fifteen years. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of three million people read each of my Plum books, but for whatever reason, TriStar has yet to greenlight the project.

Connelly: Speaking of that L.A. business, do you remember when we first met? Since you conveniently put numbers in your titles, it is easy for me to remember that it was fourteen years ago in L.A. I bet you don't remember the name of the restaurant, which sadly is no longer there. But, luckily, we're still here and my memory of that lunch is important to me because at the time we had probably sold a hundred books between us (not counting romance novels).

Evanovich: What I remember is that what I consider to be my graduating class (you, Crais, and Jan Burke) would get together at all the mystery conferences, and you would be our fearless leader!

Connelly: Did you know that in my most recent novel a very bad man plans to use a Janet Evanovich novel to get close to an unsuspecting, potential victim? It's scary stuff--the plan, not the Evanovich novel. Have you reached a stage where your work is part of the terrain and gets these sorts of little nods here and there?

Evanovich: Every now and then my name or one of my character names pops up and it's usually in the work of a friend. I think it's fun and I always reciprocate...so live in fear.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:51 -0400)

New Jersey bail-bonds office worker Lula is a witness to celebrity chef, Stanley Chipotle, losing his head, literally. Now Lula and Stephanie Plum, a bond enforcement officer, are on the hunt to identify the killers before Lula is next on the chopping block. Meantime, security expert Carlos M anoso, aka Ranger, has recruited Stephanie for a top secret mission. Someone on the inside at Rangeman is leaking client information, determined to bring the company down. Can Stephanie hunt down a killer, a traitor, and keep her Grandma out of the sauce?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,342,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible