Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

Finger Lickin' Fifteen (edition 2009)

by Janet Evanovich, Lorelei King (Narrator)

Member:TerriBooks
Title:Finger Lickin' Fifteen
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Other authors:Lorelei King (Narrator)
Info:Sound Library (2009), Audio CD
Collections:Your library, Audiobooks, Fiction
Rating:***

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

2009 (48) adult (15) audio (13) audiobook (16) barbecue (23) bounty hunter (95) chick lit (38) comedy (21) crime (38) crime fiction (17) detective (19) ebook (23) Evanovich (14) fiction (194) hardcover (19) humor (156) Janet Evanovich (13) murder (18) mystery (339) mystery fiction (18) New Jersey (77) Plum (15) read (44) read in 2009 (28) romance (37) series (58) Stephanie Plum (178) Stephanie Plum Series (24) to-read (29) Trenton (17)

I really enjoyed #15, Stephanie is off men so you know there are going to be a lot of scenes with Ranger and Morelli. This one had a lot more action starting with a head getting cut off with a meat cleaver and ends with Stephanie in a hotdog suit. Janet never disappoints! ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
The fifteenth installment of the Stephanie Plum series is not quite finger lickin' good - but still a fun read that doesn't tax your brain much. The plot was not as strong as the other ones, and Lula really started to grate on me after a couple of chapters. (The plot actually seemed to be secondary to the various hijinks of Lula and Grandma Mazur.) I'm glad I got this through a swap and didn't spend any money on it, especially the hardcover. Still, if you're a fan of the series, then you know what to expect, so you probably won't be terribly disappointed. (Although I am left wondering how much longer Evanovich can keep churning this stuff out.) ( )
  reckshow | Jan 21, 2014 |
This is typical zany Stephanie Plum. This go round she manages to get two of Ranger's Cayennes blown up, and I'm starting to think that FTA doesn't mean Failure to Appear, but instead, Failure to Apprehend. This time Stephanie is after a flasher, a pyro, and an armed robber while Lula is trying to keep from getting her head chopped off. Stephanie and Morelli are taking a break from each other, Lula has her eyes on a cross-dressing Fireman, Joyce Barnhart is back in the picture, and Ranger has encountered a problem with his security company. Someone keeps breaking into his accounts, so he hires Stephanie to help him figure it out. There's a lot going on in this book, and by the end everything is mostly wrapped up and resolved all pretty-like. ( )
  daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
This 15th edition of the Stephanie Plum series wasn't up to the previous standards.

It was a cute, beachy quick type read with very little in the way of character development or series plot development.

A great deal of flirting with Ranger while spending time in his bed, though not with him, and heavy Lula plot line.

All these books are of course unbelievable in real life so to speak, but this was also unbelievable in the context of the universe of the book. I can't go on without issuing spoilers here, but interaction with Ranger was so unbelievable as to be boring, and the bad guys chasing Lula were beyond unreal.

Also, as Step ages, it becomes less and less reasonable that she can't be self supporting and independent. She is in fact becoming less so. She's a little long in the tooth to be running home to Mother all the time.

This series has been a favorite, but is declining as the years go by. I think maybe it's time to resolve the romance triangle and get on with a new series. This one is getting a little tired.
  MissJessie | Oct 16, 2013 |
What can I say? Brain candy: Lula gets stuck in Ranger's Porsche Cayenne window, Stephanie and Lula learn what the red zone means on a pressure cooker, Grandma is still waving around her .45, the competition between Ranger and Morelli continues (they will all be in a nursing home before that's resolved, see "Where's my Dentures Four-Hundred and Twenty Eight,) and Stephanie destroys several more very expensive cars. I so identify with Stephanie's father, it's scary. Pass the mashed potatoes. ( )
  ecw0647 | Sep 30, 2013 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to Lauren Tsai.
Thanks to Ann and Chris Duffy for suggesting the title for this book.
When I was a kid, I was afraid of spiders and vegetables.  As an adult, I've eliminated vegetables from my fright-o-meter, but I've added a whole bunch of other stuff.  Homicidal maniacs, serial rapists, cellulite, Joe Morelli's Grandma Bella, rabid bats, and any form of organized exercise.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312383282, Hardcover)

Book Description
SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, June 23, 2009

EVENT: The next Stephanie Plum novel, in which complications arise, loyalties are tested, cliffhangers are resolved, and donuts are eaten.

WHERE: Wherever books are sold across America

WHAT TO BRING: Sunglasses, insect repellant, a flotation device, suntan lotion, cheez-doodles, extra-large towel, fire extinguisher, baseball bat, lip balm, monkey leash, sixty three pieces of chewing gum, and one canister of oxygen (don’t ask). Hey, it’s a Stephanie Plum novel!

Janet Evanovich and Michael Connelly: Author One-to-One
In this Amazon exclusive, we brought together blockbuster authors Janet Evanovich and Michael Connelly and asked them to interview each other. Find out what two of the top authors of their genres have to say about their characters, writing process, and more. Michael Connelly is the bestselling author of the Harry Bosch series of novels as well as The Poet, Blood Work, Void Moon, Chasing the Dime, and the #1 New York Times bestseller The Lincoln Lawyer. He is a former newspaper reporter who has won numerous awards for his journalism and his novels. Read on to see Michael Connelly's questions for Janet Evanovich, or turn the tables to see what Evanovich asked Connelly.

Michael Connelly Connelly: Let's get the business out of the way. What's Finger Lickin' Fifteen, the new Stephanie Plum novel, all about and what brought you to the story?

Evanovich: I wanted to do a book that featured Stephanie's wheelman, Lula. Lula is one of my favorite characters because she's pulled herself up from hard times and now is just more of everything. Fifteen opens with Lula witnessing a crime, and it all gets complicated after that. We're talking about barbecue gone bad, cross-dressing firemen, dancing hot dogs, etc.

Connelly: You strike me as an author who is involved in every aspect of the publishing of her work. But the output--at least two solid novels a year--suggests otherwise, that you delegate all over the place so that you can focus on writing high-quality stuff. So which is it? (And if your answer is that you do indeed delegate, how the heck do you learn to do that?)

Evanovich: You reach a point in your career where the business side threatens to eclipse writing time and you either delegate or power back. I delegate everything but the writing. My daughter and her staff manage the website, the fan mail, the book tour, the author publicity and marketing. My son is my agent and finance officer and chief problem solver. When no one else can solve the problem it gets dumped on my son's desk! I oversee all aspects, but I've had to learn not to micro-manage.

Connelly: We have an author friend in common-- Robert Crais--who has steadfastly refused to sell or option his series character Elvis Cole to Hollywood. On the other hand, I've flogged Harry Bosch up and down the studio strip. (Interestingly enough, to the same effect--no movies made!) Where do you stand with Stephanie and will we ever see her on the big or small screen?

Evanovich: Jeez Louise, I wish I knew the answer to this one. TriStar owns the Plum franchise with Wendy Finerman attached as producer, and Wendy has been trying to get this sucker off the ground for fifteen years. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of three million people read each of my Plum books, but for whatever reason, TriStar has yet to greenlight the project.

Connelly: Speaking of that L.A. business, do you remember when we first met? Since you conveniently put numbers in your titles, it is easy for me to remember that it was fourteen years ago in L.A. I bet you don't remember the name of the restaurant, which sadly is no longer there. But, luckily, we're still here and my memory of that lunch is important to me because at the time we had probably sold a hundred books between us (not counting romance novels).

Evanovich: What I remember is that what I consider to be my graduating class (you, Crais, and Jan Burke) would get together at all the mystery conferences, and you would be our fearless leader!

Connelly: Did you know that in my most recent novel a very bad man plans to use a Janet Evanovich novel to get close to an unsuspecting, potential victim? It's scary stuff--the plan, not the Evanovich novel. Have you reached a stage where your work is part of the terrain and gets these sorts of little nods here and there?

Evanovich: Every now and then my name or one of my character names pops up and it's usually in the work of a friend. I think it's fun and I always reciprocate...so live in fear.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:51 -0400)

New Jersey bail-bonds office worker Lula is a witness to celebrity chef, Stanley Chipotle, losing his head, literally. Now Lula and Stephanie Plum, a bond enforcement officer, are on the hunt to identify the killers before Lula is next on the chopping block. Meantime, security expert Carlos M anoso, aka Ranger, has recruited Stephanie for a top secret mission. Someone on the inside at Rangeman is leaking client information, determined to bring the company down. Can Stephanie hunt down a killer, a traitor, and keep her Grandma out of the sauce?… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,257,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible