Plum Lucky (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) by…

Plum Lucky (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (edition 2009)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:alisonsteel
Title:Plum Lucky (A Between-the-Numbers Novel)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages

Plum Lucky (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) by Janet Evanovich

I listened to this while driving through West Texas, and the way the reader used different voices for each of the characters made the book really come alive. I found myself laughing out loud during an otherwise horrendously boring drive. Great story, great characters, but absolutely AMAZING reader. ( )
  Cfo6 | Mar 19, 2018 |
Very quick read involving a leprechaun, a horse and a man toad. Stephanie's cohorts are always a giggle. 😂 ( )
  whybehave2002 | Jan 27, 2018 |
This is one of the "between-the-numbers" books in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. These are part of the series' continuity (to the extent that that actually matters), but are distinct from the regular series installments in that they're shorter, are set around a holiday (in this case, St. Patrick's Day), involve some supernatural elements, and feature a character with the ridiculous name of Diesel, who I believe is a crossover character from a different Evanovich series.

The other thing they usually have in common is that I find them annoying. The supernatural stuff feels badly out of place to me, the plots are usually dumb in a bad way (as opposed to the silly, fun sort of way one hopes for from this series), and Diesel is hideously skeevy even by Evanovich standards.

So I was happy to discover that this one actually didn't annoy me. I still don't like Diesel, but I found myself at least able to tolerate him. And the main guest character, a guy with a less-useful-than-it-sounds gift of supernatural luck who believes he's a leprechaun, is actually surprisingly fun.

Mind you, the end result is ridiculous, forgettable, mildly amusing fluff, but that's pretty much what I'm looking for from this series. I don't think it's quite as good at being mildly amusing fluff as some of the regular installments, but I'm just relieved that it mostly worked for me. ( )
  bragan | Jul 15, 2017 |
Another crazy and fun Stephanie adventure! ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
This was silly and fun, but like I said in my review of Lean Mean Thirteen, I'm done with this series for the time being. Overall, it's gotten redundant with no progress between Stephanie and Morelli. Maybe I'll go back to it one day. ( )
  EllAreBee | Sep 19, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'd like to acknowlgedge the invaluable assistance of Alex Evanovich, Peter Evanovich, and my St. Martin's Press editor and friend SuperJen Enderlin.
My mother and grandmother raised me to be a good girl, and I have no problem with the girl part.

Looking to get lucky?

Stephanie Plum is back between-the-numbers and she’s looking to get lucky in an Atlantic City hotel room, in a Winnebago, and with a brown-eyed stud who has stolen her heart.

Stephanie Plum has a way of attracting danger, lunatics, oddballs, bad luck . . . and mystery men. And no one is more mysterious than the unmentionable Diesel. He’s back and hot on the trail of a little man in green pants who’s lost a giant bag of money. Problem is, the money isn’t exactly lost. Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur has found it, and like any good Jersey senior citizen, she’s hightailed it in a Winnebago to Atlantic City and hit the slots. With Lula and Connie in tow, Stephanie attempts to bring Grandma home, but the luck of the Irish is rubbing off on everyone: Lula’s found a job modeling plus-size lingerie. Connie’s found a guy. Diesel’s found Stephanie. And Stephanie has found herself in over her head with a caper involving thrice-stolen money, a racehorse, a car chase, and a bad case of hives.

Plum Lucky is an all-you-can-eat buffet of thrills, chills, shrimp cocktail, plus-size underwear, and scorching hot men. It’s a between-the-numbers treat no Evanovich fan will want to miss!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:32 -0400)

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum finds herself in over her head with a caper involving stolen money, a racehorse, a car chase, and a bad case of hives--not to mention her grandmother playing the slots in Atlantic City unknowingly using the stolen money! Meanwhile, the mysterious Diesel returns to once again turn Stephanie's world upside down.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,512,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible