Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich

Visions of Sugar Plums (original 2002; edition 2002)

by Janet Evanovich

Title:Visions of Sugar Plums
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2002), Hardcover
Tags:contemporary, crime, fiction, humour, series, stephanie plum, strong female, chick lit, relationships, 21st century, Christmas, Diesel, urban fantasy, novella, bounty hunter, romance, main characters do not age, hardcover, first edition

Visions of Sugar Plums by Janet Evanovich (2002)

English (55)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (58)
  Bookman1954 | Oct 23, 2015 |
I will be honest I have not read this one, I was actually trying to find this book and signed on by accident. I think this could be pretty cool, so I guess I will continue to check things out. I will say that the other books before this one was cool. Yes there somethings that repeat, but if you were to come in on the middle of the series it gives you an overview. I think I like these books because I can kinda relate, not about the men or the job, but about the dumb luck. If she didn't have bad luck she wouldn't have any luck at all. If anyone can tell me a better why to find this book I would be thankful.
  Pamela.Duncan | Jun 9, 2015 |
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |
Definitely a weird Stephanie Plum story. Breaks the mold a bit, which is good since some of the last couple of SP novels were getting a little stale from overuse of the formula. This book also used some elements of the formula, but the new ingrediant added a touch of something needed.

Yes, the characters still lacked any sort of growth, but I really don't expect that from a series (after all, Perry Mason, Della Street, and Paul Drake really don't change even after 80 books). Character development wasn't part of this series from the outset, so some complaints I have read to that effect seem misguided. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
I like Joe and Ranger better than Diesel but OK. It's five days before Christmas and things are not looking merry for Fugitive Apprehension Agent Stephanie Plum. She hasn't got a tree. She hasn't bought any presents. The malls are jam-packed with staggering shoppers. There's not a twinkle light anywhere to be seen in her apartment. And there's a strange man in her kitchen. Sure, this has happened to Stephanie Plum before. Strangers, weirdos, felons, creeps, and lunatics are always finding their way to her front door. But this guy is different. This guy is mysterious, sexy-and he has his own agenda. His name is Diesel and he is a man on a mission. And Diesel is unlike anyone Stephanie has ever met before in her life. The question is, what does he want with her? Can he help her find a little old toy maker who has skipped out on his bail right before Christmas? ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

Evanovich, Janetprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stegers, ThomasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book was Plumtacularly edited and titled by Jennifer Enderlin
Yahoo, Jen!!
My name is Stephanie Plum and I've got a strange man in my kitchen

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312986343, Mass Market Paperback)

Christmas in bounty hunter Stephanie Plum's world isn't quite like Christmas in Whoville. With only four days to go before December 25, she doesn't have a decorated tree in her apartment or any presents bought. Plus she's chasing an elusive bail-jumper named Sandy Claws; a hunky guy named Diesel is literally popping in and out of her apartment; and a mob of manic elves is threatening to assault her with cookies. The end result is that Stephanie is feeling a tad stressed over the holiday season. Life isn't any calmer over at her parents' home in the Burg, where Grandma Mazur is dating a new octogenarian stud muffin; sister Valerie is wailing over some unwelcome news; and Stephanie's mother is coping by belting back tumblers of Red Roses in the kitchen. Just where is the elusive Mr. Claws hiding, and why? What's causing the power blackouts all over Trenton? And what about the mysterious villain, Mr. Ring? Is all of this real, or is Stephanie just having a very bad dream?

Janet Evanovich's mysteries are eagerly awaited by fans everywhere and this holiday installment won't disappoint. With a returning cast of entertaining, quirky characters and a rock-solid setting in New Jersey wrapped around an intriguing mystery, Evanovich delivers yet another hilarious adventure featuring irrepressible bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. --Lois Faye Dyer

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:17 -0400)

It's five days before Christmas and things are not looking merry for Fugitive Apprehension Agent Stephanie Plum, especially when a strange man appears in her kitchen.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,859,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible