Precious and the Monkeys by Alexander McCall…

Precious and the Monkeys (2010)

by Alexander McCall Smith

Recently added byprivate library, BRCSBooks, b3zsgirl, dianafrances, AntT, amrahmn, JosieRivers, revsusan

Engaging chapter book about Precious, little girl from Botswana, who wants to be a detective and helps clear a classmate when he is accused of stealing food. I would recommend this book to students interested in a realistic story with a kind, smart main character who lives in a different cultural environment. ( )
  amrahmn | Jan 22, 2015 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |
I do not often read YA or children's books, but made an exception for this glance at a young Precious Ramotswe. I was not disappointed. ( )
  autumnturner76 | Sep 22, 2014 |
  AutumnTurner | Dec 29, 2013 |
I would peg this at 7-9 yr olds, and if reading aloud, 5-8 yr olds.

Very sweet mystery for Precious Ramotswe. Her first as a young child. Something that kids can relate to as well as something that all of McCall Smith books do: teach a simple lesson. Only an hour as an audio book. I would like to see the actual book, as I hear there are some lovely drawings to go with it. I might pick this up for the middle niece for xmas. Or the nephs when they hit about 6. ( )
  purlewe | Mar 31, 2013 |

Alexander McCall Smithprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Robertson, JamesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hae ye ever said intae yersel -- no oot lood, mind, but quiet-like, jist in yer heid: Wid it no be braw tae be a detective?
Have you ever said to yourself, Wouldn't it be nice to be a detective?
Published as Precious and the Puggies in Scots and Precious and the Monkeys in English in the UK.

Before becoming the first female private investigator in Botswana, eight-year-old Precious Ramotswe tracks down a thief who has been stealing her classmates' snacks.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,702,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible