Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers…

Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between… (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:jlkltbt
Title:Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between the Numbers)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2007), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 176 pages
Collections:Phoenix Public Library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Romance

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich (2007)

After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |
This was a reasonably enjoyable interlude. Short and sweet, as befitting a Valentine's Day themed mystery novel. The mixture of supernatural with Stephanie Plum is interesting. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
Cute, light mystery of Stephanie Plum, lady detective, she and her side kick, Diesel, help out a relationship expert who is in jail. Their assignment is to close five open cases of clients looking for love by Valentine's Day. Funny and witty. ( )
  LivelyLady | Jan 23, 2015 |
Not as good as some of the others, but enjoyed it as always a good laugh with these characters!

Mysterious men have a way of showing up in Stephanie Plum’s apartment. When the shadowy Diesel appears, he has a task for Stephanie-and he’s not taking no for an answer. Annie Hart is a “relationship expert” who is wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Stephanie needs to find her, fast. Diesel knows where she is. So they make a deal: he’ll help her get Annie if Stephanie plays matchmaker to several of Annie’s most difficult client ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Whenever I pick up an Evanovich mystery, I expect to laugh. Plum Lovin' proved me right. Although, I laughed more toward the end of the book than at the beginning. Matching Valentines for that February holiday seemed like boring work for Stephanie Plum. Anyway, things moved less sweetly as the book moved on but not as dangerously as I am use to while reading books in this series. In this one most of New Jersey is in the mood for love including those who have a huge fear of commitment. Albert is scared too death of walking down the aisle of a church and saying I do to a bride. I didn't know men could really be that afraid of taking wedding vows.

Then, shynesss plays a part in upsetting love life too. One idea works for the butcher. He will talk about meat. As long as he talks about meat, he can talk. It's when he's not talking about beef and bacon that he loses his courage to speak to a woman who attracts him.

All of it's fun. Still, I have more fun with the Number series by Evanovich. I began to have a really good time once Grandma Mazur, Ranger and mom and dad were back in the picture. So this little book is okay. It just doesn't make me want to go to town talking about it. Thank God, Janet Evanovich didn't leave out Lula. Even Lula seems a bit off. I just wasn't "plum lovin' this book. Will try another little one, but the best, as I said, are Janet Evanovich's bigger books with numbers. I'm due for number seven. evanovich. ( )
  Tea58 | Aug 20, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'd like to acknowledge the invaluable assistance of Alex Evanovich, Peter Evanovich, and my St. Martin's Press editor and friend, SuperJen Enderlin.
Men are like shoes.

From #1 blockbuster bestselling author Janet Evanovich comes a Stephanie Plum novel that takes adventure, action, suspense (and maybe even true love?) to new heights.
WATCH YOUR BACK . . .
LOOK BOTH WAYS . . .
BECAUSE LOVE IS IN THE AIR . . .
AND THAT MEANS BIG TROUBLE!
Mysterious men have a way of showing up in Stephanie Plum s apartment. When the shadowy Diesel appears, he has a task for Stephanie--and he s not taking no for an answer. Annie Hart is a relationship expert who is wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Stephanie needs to find her, fast. Diesel knows where she is. So they make a deal: He ll help her get Annie if Stephanie plays matchmaker to several of Annie s most difficult clients. But someone wants to find Annie even more than Diesel and Stephanie. Someone with a nasty temper. And someone with unmentionable skills. Does Diesel know more than he s saying about Annie Hart? Does Diesel have secrets he s keeping from Stephanie and the two men in her life--Ranger and Morelli? With Stephanie Plum in over her head, things are sure to get a little dicey and a little explosive, Jersey style!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:19 -0400)

Receiving simultaneous caches of love letters and hate mail, Connie Rosolli enlists the aid of Lula, Grandma Mazur, and the enigmatic Diesel when she becomes suspicious that her secret admirer and stalker are the same person.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,156,194 books! | Top bar: Always visible