Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers…

Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between… (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Janet Evanovich

2,719662,171 (3.35)42
Member:jlkltbt
Title:Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between the Numbers)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2007), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 176 pages
Collections:Phoenix Public Library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Romance

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich (2007)

Whenever I pick up an Evanovich mystery, I expect to laugh. Plum Lovin' proved me right. Although, I laughed more toward the end of the book than at the beginning. Matching Valentines for that February holiday seemed like boring work for Stephanie Plum. Anyway, things moved less sweetly as the book moved on but not as dangerously as I am use to while reading books in this series. In this one most of New Jersey is in the mood for love including those who have a huge fear of commitment. Albert is scared too death of walking down the aisle of a church and saying I do to a bride. I didn't know men could really be that afraid of taking wedding vows.

Then, shynesss plays a part in upsetting love life too. One idea works for the butcher. He will talk about meat. As long as he talks about meat, he can talk. It's when he's not talking about beef and bacon that he loses his courage to speak to a woman who attracts him.

All of it's fun. Still, I have more fun with the Number series by Evanovich. I began to have a really good time once Grandma Mazur, Ranger and mom and dad were back in the picture. So this little book is okay. It just doesn't make me want to go to town talking about it. Thank God, Janet Evanovich didn't leave out Lula. Even Lula seems a bit off. I just wasn't "plum lovin' this book. Will try another little one, but the best, as I said, are Janet Evanovich's bigger books with numbers. I'm due for number seven. evanovich. ( )
  Tea58 | Aug 20, 2014 |
funny and different ( )
  jodiesohl | Jun 29, 2014 |
Stepahnie plays matchmaker in place of Annie While Diesel has Annie stashed away. Stephanie has to math up 5 people for V-day and the last to match up was Albert her sisters vals bf who has recently gotten Val preg for the second time and Val wants Marriage so Steph tricks Albert into getting married at the last minute by pretending that she is going to get married to Diesel! Stephanie gets 3 different boxes for V-day one is a single stem red rose no tag, the second is 12 yellow roses with tag that say love Joe, and the 3rd is bouquet of daisies with hand written note that says Valentine's day sucks , Usually. Then someone brushes a kiss across her neck and she turns to find that Diesel has just disappeared again to move onto his next assignment!
  redheadish | Apr 11, 2014 |
I have forgotten how Janet makes me laugh.

These books are not what I normally read because of the language but the outrageousness of them can't help but make you enjoy them.

Stephanie is teamed up with Diesel (who reminds me of the mascot of the Houston Dynamo) and is dealing with making people have a good Valentine's day as she searches for her new bond assignment.

All your favorite Stephanie Plum characters make an appearance : grandma, Lula, Bob, Rex, Stephanie's mom, dad and sister. Slight mention of Joe and Ranger

Great quick read. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
I read this book in 2 hours (and that was with interruptions. Stephenie has to help Diesel find Bernie, an Unmentionable who's looking for Anne because he thinks that she is the reason his marriage has failed. ( )
  Emelymac | Jan 15, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'd like to acknowledge the invaluable assistance of Alex Evanovich, Peter Evanovich, and my St. Martin's Press editor and friend, SuperJen Enderlin.
Men are like shoes.

From #1 blockbuster bestselling author Janet Evanovich comes a Stephanie Plum novel that takes adventure, action, suspense (and maybe even true love?) to new heights.
WATCH YOUR BACK . . .
LOOK BOTH WAYS . . .
BECAUSE LOVE IS IN THE AIR . . .
AND THAT MEANS BIG TROUBLE!
Mysterious men have a way of showing up in Stephanie Plum s apartment. When the shadowy Diesel appears, he has a task for Stephanie--and he s not taking no for an answer. Annie Hart is a relationship expert who is wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Stephanie needs to find her, fast. Diesel knows where she is. So they make a deal: He ll help her get Annie if Stephanie plays matchmaker to several of Annie s most difficult clients. But someone wants to find Annie even more than Diesel and Stephanie. Someone with a nasty temper. And someone with unmentionable skills. Does Diesel know more than he s saying about Annie Hart? Does Diesel have secrets he s keeping from Stephanie and the two men in her life--Ranger and Morelli? With Stephanie Plum in over her head, things are sure to get a little dicey and a little explosive, Jersey style!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:19 -0400)

Receiving simultaneous caches of love letters and hate mail, Connie Rosolli enlists the aid of Lula, Grandma Mazur, and the enigmatic Diesel when she becomes suspicious that her secret admirer and stalker are the same person.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,293,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible