Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers…

Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between… (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:jlkltbt
Title:Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between the Numbers)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2007), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 176 pages
Collections:Phoenix Public Library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Romance

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich (2007)

After 13 and the novellas surrounding it, I am done with this series. It was over the top and fun in the beginning, but now it's gotten totally redundant and silly. Stephanie can't make up her mind as to which guy she wants? That said, this was a nice, Ranger-free book, although the supporting cast this time was thinly developed. ( )
  EllAreBee | Sep 19, 2016 |
I ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
Diesel's back to complicate Stephanie's life--this time he asks her to take on the cases of a relationship expert that he's protecting. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
Frankly, for this Between-the-Numbers book Evanovich is just “phonin’ it in.” The usual cast of zany supporting characters is here – Lula, Grandma Mazur, etc – and the mysterious Diesel makes a return appearance. Stephanie plays matchmaker between several couples; she even succeeds in pulling off a surprise wedding – the bride and groom don’t even know about it! While I’m still mildly entertained by the wackiness, Stephanie’s basic ineptness has lost its charm for me. On the plus side, Stephanie’s ongoing indecision between Morelli and Ranger barely gets a mention, and the book is mercifully short. The audio is only 3 discs long; the paperback text version has printing so large, I double checked to see if I’d gotten a large-print edition. (I’ve seen children’s books with tinier print.) King’s performance on the audio is great, however. She really breathes life into this tired series. ( )
  BookConcierge | Jan 13, 2016 |
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'd like to acknowledge the invaluable assistance of Alex Evanovich, Peter Evanovich, and my St. Martin's Press editor and friend, SuperJen Enderlin.
Men are like shoes.

From #1 blockbuster bestselling author Janet Evanovich comes a Stephanie Plum novel that takes adventure, action, suspense (and maybe even true love?) to new heights.
WATCH YOUR BACK . . .
LOOK BOTH WAYS . . .
BECAUSE LOVE IS IN THE AIR . . .
AND THAT MEANS BIG TROUBLE!
Mysterious men have a way of showing up in Stephanie Plum s apartment. When the shadowy Diesel appears, he has a task for Stephanie--and he s not taking no for an answer. Annie Hart is a relationship expert who is wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Stephanie needs to find her, fast. Diesel knows where she is. So they make a deal: He ll help her get Annie if Stephanie plays matchmaker to several of Annie s most difficult clients. But someone wants to find Annie even more than Diesel and Stephanie. Someone with a nasty temper. And someone with unmentionable skills. Does Diesel know more than he s saying about Annie Hart? Does Diesel have secrets he s keeping from Stephanie and the two men in her life--Ranger and Morelli? With Stephanie Plum in over her head, things are sure to get a little dicey and a little explosive, Jersey style!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:16 -0400)

Receiving simultaneous caches of love letters and hate mail, Connie Rosolli enlists the aid of Lula, Grandma Mazur, and the enigmatic Diesel when she becomes suspicious that her secret admirer and stalker are the same person.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,662,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible