Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers…

Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between… (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:jlkltbt
Title:Plum Lovin' (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) (Stephanie Plum: Between the Numbers)
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:St. Martin's Press (2007), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 176 pages
Collections:Phoenix Public Library
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Romance

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich (2007)

Recently added bypitswife, Kimberlyhaze, private library, LitaVore, peterward71, mmoj, Rena37, christyg515, cctesttc1

This is the second of the "between-the-numbers" books in Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, books that are part of the series, but shorter and weirder than the regular installments. As with the previous one, Visions of Sugar Plums, it starts with Stephanie getting a visit from Diesel, a guy with supernatural powers. (Who I think is actually a crossover character from a different series?) Where that one was Christmas-themed, though, this one features Valentine's Day, so Stephanie has to deal with various people's relationship issues and make sure everyone has a happy Valentine's Day. For... reasons.

I really do not like the introduction of weird supernatural crap into this series, not because I don't like weird supernatural crap -- I read a lot of fantasy -- but because it is entirely out of place in Evanovich's wacky but otherwise realistic version of Trenton, New Jersey. It annoyed me slightly less here than it did in the previous book, though. Maybe just because I've gotten used to it. Diesel still annoyed me, though. He's clearly meant to be sexy and amusing, but mostly he's just a giant sexist douche.

The plot is thin enough to be practically non-existent, and to the extent that it does exist, it's ridiculous, even by this series' usual standards. But there are some decent touches of humor, and it's an effortlessly quick read, at least.

Still, I'd probably really rather skip these ones, if only Evanovich didn't keep having important events in Stephanie's family's lives happening in them. ( )
  bragan | Feb 8, 2017 |
After 13 and the novellas surrounding it, I am done with this series. It was over the top and fun in the beginning, but now it's gotten totally redundant and silly. Stephanie can't make up her mind as to which guy she wants? That said, this was a nice, Ranger-free book, although the supporting cast this time was thinly developed. ( )
  EllAreBee | Sep 19, 2016 |
I ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
Diesel's back to complicate Stephanie's life--this time he asks her to take on the cases of a relationship expert that he's protecting. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
Frankly, for this Between-the-Numbers book Evanovich is just “phonin’ it in.” The usual cast of zany supporting characters is here – Lula, Grandma Mazur, etc – and the mysterious Diesel makes a return appearance. Stephanie plays matchmaker between several couples; she even succeeds in pulling off a surprise wedding – the bride and groom don’t even know about it! While I’m still mildly entertained by the wackiness, Stephanie’s basic ineptness has lost its charm for me. On the plus side, Stephanie’s ongoing indecision between Morelli and Ranger barely gets a mention, and the book is mercifully short. The audio is only 3 discs long; the paperback text version has printing so large, I double checked to see if I’d gotten a large-print edition. (I’ve seen children’s books with tinier print.) King’s performance on the audio is great, however. She really breathes life into this tired series. ( )
  BookConcierge | Jan 13, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
King, LoreleiReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I'd like to acknowledge the invaluable assistance of Alex Evanovich, Peter Evanovich, and my St. Martin's Press editor and friend, SuperJen Enderlin.
Men are like shoes.

From #1 blockbuster bestselling author Janet Evanovich comes a Stephanie Plum novel that takes adventure, action, suspense (and maybe even true love?) to new heights.
WATCH YOUR BACK . . .
LOOK BOTH WAYS . . .
BECAUSE LOVE IS IN THE AIR . . .
AND THAT MEANS BIG TROUBLE!
Mysterious men have a way of showing up in Stephanie Plum s apartment. When the shadowy Diesel appears, he has a task for Stephanie--and he s not taking no for an answer. Annie Hart is a relationship expert who is wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Stephanie needs to find her, fast. Diesel knows where she is. So they make a deal: He ll help her get Annie if Stephanie plays matchmaker to several of Annie s most difficult clients. But someone wants to find Annie even more than Diesel and Stephanie. Someone with a nasty temper. And someone with unmentionable skills. Does Diesel know more than he s saying about Annie Hart? Does Diesel have secrets he s keeping from Stephanie and the two men in her life--Ranger and Morelli? With Stephanie Plum in over her head, things are sure to get a little dicey and a little explosive, Jersey style!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:16 -0400)

Receiving simultaneous caches of love letters and hate mail, Connie Rosolli enlists the aid of Lula, Grandma Mazur, and the enigmatic Diesel when she becomes suspicious that her secret admirer and stalker are the same person.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,299,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible