Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich

Naughty Neighbor (edition 2008)

by Janet Evanovich

Member:Stace-a-roo
Title:Naughty Neighbor
Authors:Janet Evanovich
Info:Harper (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages

Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich

Interesting book that makes it easy to fall for the characters and hard to put down ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
Ugh, this book was annoyingly cute. It's one of those romance books where "I just met you, but I love you and want to marry you". Completely unrealistic even for fiction in my opinion. It's like an hour Lifetime TV special. Total romance cheese.
However, Evanovich writes very simply and her writings are easy to follow and get into. As much as I was annoyed by the story itself, I was still able to finish the book. I would recommend this book as a quick casual read to the romance/fiction reader. ( )
  TheReadingMermaid | Jan 5, 2018 |
This risqué romantic romp is entertaining and a bit suggestive. Still, there is a crime that needs investigating, besides all the barbs and innuendoes the main characters throw at each other. Though not nearly as much fun as the Plum series, there is a passing nod at that series with the somewhat inept heroine, an outspoken grandmother, and a hunky guy wanting romance and more. ( )
  Maydacat | Jan 23, 2017 |
Very Stephanie Plumish but less fleshed out and more to the point. Almost gave it a 3 stars for effort but overall, no.

It's cutesy and easy to read fast - the characters are well enough and the dialogue funny - but it didn't tickle my tickle bone enough to make up for how fluffy it was. It has another 'modern grandmother' at the end but she's barely in it. We also get sleazy politicians and a strange mystery side story about a pig. The mystery side story wasn't important after all, just a cute thing for the couple to do together and keep the story flowing.

It's readable but not enough substance, even for a romance humor novel, to gain a higher rating.

ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Meh.... Cute, sometimes funny..... Not much of a plot, mostly filler not developed at all..... If you want a quick, easy, & mindless read this is it!

Let's see Lou works for a Senator who is hooked up w/ a crooked Senator. She lives in a house below Pete (a very successful screenwriter). Pete's newest project is about a screenplay from a novel written about the Crooked senator. Pete & Lou fall fast & furious for each other.

Meanwhile Pete is threatened, Lou is fired and they begin investigating the crooked Senator.... ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |

Evanovich, Janetprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Critt, C. J.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
ISBN 0060737123 is an unabridged audiobook

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060598921, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader:

In a previous life, before the time of Plum, I wrote twelve short romance novels. Red-hot screwball comedies, each and every one of them. Nine of these stories were originally published by the Loveswept line between the years 1988 and 1992. All immediately went out of print and could be found only at used bookstores and yard sales.

I'm excited to tell you that those nine stories are now being re-released by HarperCollins. Naughty Neighbor is the eighth in the lineup, and it's presented here in almost original form. Usually when I edit these books I do some modernizing. For instance, I change VHS to DVD, and roller skates to Rollerblades, and sticks of gum are now pieces of gum. I do this because the books were meant to be contemporary (as opposed to historical), and I don't want the reader to have a time disconnect. In the beginning of the original Naughty Neighbor, my heroine throws a handheld phone into the toilet, and the next morning she goes into the bathroom and sees the "slim silver antenna caught between the toilet lid and seat." Okay, so most phones don't have extended antennas anymore, but I just loved the image . . . so I left it in. And I don't know how many women wear front-closure bras anymore, but that got left in, too.

Naughty Neighbor is probably the most romancey of all the Loveswepts I wrote, but there's still a small mystery to unravel. Louisa Brannigan is a no-nonsense, hardworking press secretary, fighting her way to the top of Capitol Hill, with no help from her annoying neighbor, Pete Streeter. He receives phone calls all night long, he steals her morning paper, he thinks jeans are formal wear, and worst of all he's involved Louisa in the disappearance of a pig. So this is the story of a pig in Witness Protection and love being found by a workaholic woman and a fun-loving man who makes terrible pots of coffee.

Enjoy!

Janet Evanovich

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:06 -0400)

When she is fired from her government job, Louisa Brannigan is persuaded by her handsome, hell-raising neighbor, Pete Streeter, to join his undercover investigation of her former boss, a senator.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,327,491 books! | Top bar: Always visible