The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. An…

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. An Eclipse Novella (na angliyskom… (edition 2012)

by Meyer Stephenie (Author)

Series: Twilight Saga (3.5)

5,5292431,339 (3.39)1 / 94
Bree Tanner, a character introduced in Eclipse, and the army of newborn vampires prepares to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens.
Member:devon_snedden
Title:The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. An Eclipse Novella (na angliyskom yazyke)
Authors:Meyer Stephenie (Author)
Info:Atom (2012)
Collections:Your library, To read

The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

English (227)  Spanish (6)  Dutch (3)  Finnish (1)  Piratical (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Swedish (1)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (242)
Bree Tanner, a self-described "vampire nerd" first introduced in Eclipse, lives in terror in a coven of newborn vampires. She is a member of Victoria's vampire army, and as that army closes in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, she finds her first friend and discovers a truth about daylight.

While fans may know how it ends, they don't yet have the full story: Bree's tale of danger, mystery, and romance is one for the books. ( )
  Gmomaj | Aug 30, 2020 |
Just what I have come to expect from Meyer. If you liked the other books in the series, you'll probably like this one.
  CatherineMachineGun | Jul 31, 2020 |
One of my favorite pieces of Escape Fiction. I love the characters and the drama and I really wish it had been longer and talked more about her past life. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
Honestly, way better than I thought it'd be.

If Bree had been the main character of the Twilight saga, and if the series had followed this plot, only longer so things weren't so rushed, Twilight could have been legitimately good. There are deeper thoughts here, and darker themes, that made things feel more real and gritty. I enjoyed Bree's character immensely, and genuinely liked Diego. Riley was interesting too, and I appreciated his dynamic with all the other characters. It felt very much like a slightly better version of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. My only problem with this was how rushed it was, being a novella. Diego and Bree didn't have ample time to form a believable and realistic romantic bond, but their friendship felt real. Really shows how Stephenie Meyer can be pretty good when she tries. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
Poor little Bree Tanner. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
Meyer's work is both celebrated and castigated for the fact that the supernatural element is entirely incidental. Take away bloodsucking and mind-reading, and the story of the handsome suitor, his fiery rival and the girl they both wish to protect and claim chugs along as easily as it has for hundreds of years. But in "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner," this narrative apparatus is missing -- and without it, Meyer is a bit at sea.

Its few promising moments – Bree's pleasure when no humans interrupt a special moment with Diego, because "all the screaming would have ruined the mood", a chillingly thorough massacre of a whole ferry-load of people – are insufficient to redeem it from being woefully, leaden-footedly pedestrian throughout. In fact, the most interesting thing about it is the cover.

Stephenie Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hermoso Oliveras, Julio IgnacioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pujol i Valls, NúriaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Asya Muchnick and Meghan Hibbett
The newspaper headline glared at me from a little metal vending machine: SEATTLE UNDER SIEGE - DEATH TOLL RISES AGAIN.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,481,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible