Brother Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel by Dean…

Brother Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel (original 2006; edition 2012)

by Dean Koontz

Member:LynBarTri
Title:Brother Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Bantam (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Stored Collection
Tags:Fiction

Brother Odd by Dean Koontz (2006)

English (87)  Spanish (1)  All languages (88)
I love Odd's odd point of view. His relationship with Elvis is great. He goes to a monastery to relax and help a poltergeist move on. And of course odd things begin to happen. ( )
  nx74defiant | Oct 5, 2018 |
Long, drawn out and pretty ridiculous. Frank Sinatra? Really? I don't know why I keep reading these. I enjoyed the first one, but each one since hasn't lived up to my expectations. I think I'm going to try one more and then move on if it doesn't pick up. Odd is the Sookie Stackhouse of the dead. ( )
  Nemorn | Jun 4, 2018 |
I think I missed a tiny bit in the middle of this one, but it was really good (better than Forever Odd, if we're being honest). I loved the incorporation of science and religion, and the characters were wonderful (THE RUSSIAN, OMG, I
I am sad about Elvis moving on, he's been one of my favorite characters, but I was super excited to see that we get Frank Sinatra and Boo in his place! So, it was bitter sweet, but overall I was satisfied with the end of Elvis' story :) ( )
  fogisbeautiful | Feb 13, 2018 |
Odd is probably the most creative character we've meet in a long time, but always felt his storylines didn't do him justice. Until now, Brother Odd is by far my favorite in this series. The haunted and arrogant villain with disturbing reasons forces Odd to come back to his "calling" ( )
  tabicham | Jul 22, 2017 |
This was one of my favorite Odd Thomas books. I loved the concept, location, and story. The only thing is that the further I go into this series, the more long-winded Dean Koontz seems to get. I keep reading the books for the great story, but sometimes it feels like a real struggle to get through his verbose passages. He could really use a good editor to simplify a lot of what he says to get to the thick of the story. ( )
  SarahStroud | May 22, 2017 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Baker, David AaronNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kleinschmidt, BernhardTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Teach us...
To give and not to count the cost;
To fight and not to heed the wounds;
To toil and not to seek for rest...
--St. Ignatius Loyola
To some folks I've known a long time and admire because they do good work and are good people: Peter Styles, Richard Boukes, Bill Anderson (Hello, Danielle), Dave Gaulke, and Tom Fenner (Hello, Gabriella, Katia, and Troy). We'll have a fine party on the Other Side, but let's not be in a hurry.
Embraced by stone, steeped in silence, I sat at the high window as the third day of the week surrendered to the fourth.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553589105, Mass Market Paperback)

Loop me in, odd one. The words, spoken in the deep of night by a sleeping child, chill
the young man watching over her. For this was a favorite phrase of Stormy Llewellyn,
his lost love, and Stormy is dead, gone forever from this world. In the haunted halls of
the isolated monastery where he had sought peace, Odd Thomas is stalking spirits of an infinitely darker nature

Through two New York Times bestselling novels Odd Thomas has established himself as one of the most beloved and unique fictional heroes of our time. Now, wielding all the power and magic of a master storyteller at the pinnacle of his craft, Dean Koontz follows Odd into a singular new world where he hopes to make a fresh beginning—but where he will meet an adversary as old and inexorable as time itself.

St. Bartholomew’s Abbey sits in majestic solitude amid the wild peaks of California’s high Sierra, a haven for children otherwise abandoned, and a sanctuary for those seeking insight. Odd Thomas has come here to learn to live fully again, and among the eccentric monks, their other guests, and the nuns and young students of the attached convent school, he has begun to find his way. The silent spirits of the dead who visited him in his earlier life are mercifully absent, save for the bell-ringing Brother Constantine and Odd’s steady companion, the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

But trouble has a way of finding Odd Thomas, and it slinks back onto his path in the form of the sinister bodachs he has met previously, the black shades who herald death and disaster, and who come late one December night to hover above the abbey’s most precious charges. For Odd is about to face an enemy who eclipses any he has yet encountered, as he embarks on a journey of mystery, wonder, and sheer suspense that surpasses all that has come before.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:33 -0400)

Odd Thomas meets his most fearsome enemy yet as he goes to stay in a monastery to recover after the death of Stormy, the love of his life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,806,827 books! | Top bar: Always visible