Brother Odd (Odd Thomas Novels) by Dean…

Brother Odd (Odd Thomas Novels) (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Dean Koontz

Member:elsebeok
Title:Brother Odd (Odd Thomas Novels)
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Bantam (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 464 pages
Rating:***
Tags:novel, suspense, series, Odd Thomas

Brother Odd by Dean Koontz (2006)

Recently added byhukes, Talya_ty, preplibrary

So far good......but just found out that it is in a series...aghhh I usually check and have to read all the books in order. (Must be a bit of an autistic thing!)

Finished. Enjoyed it and found it an interesting concept. However, I did get a little bored at the end waiting for the finale! Good read though. ( )

greatbookescapes | Nov 20, 2014 |
#1 for 2008. I wrote a review on my blog. If you're interested, read it there: trishaj.blogspot.com ( )
  trishaj | Oct 7, 2014 |
Teach us...
To give and not to count the cost;
To fight and not to heed the wounds;
To toil and not to seek for rest...
--St. Ignatius Loyola
To some folks I've known a long time and admire because they do good work and are good people: Peter Styles, Richard Boukes, Bill Anderson (Hello, Danielle), Dave Gaulke, and Tom Fenner (Hello, Gabriella, Katia, and Troy). We'll have a fine party on the Other Side, but let's not be in a hurry.
Embraced by stone, steeped in silence, I sat at the high window as the third day of the week surrendered to the fourth.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553589105, Mass Market Paperback)

Loop me in, odd one. The words, spoken in the deep of night by a sleeping child, chill
the young man watching over her. For this was a favorite phrase of Stormy Llewellyn,
his lost love, and Stormy is dead, gone forever from this world. In the haunted halls of
the isolated monastery where he had sought peace, Odd Thomas is stalking spirits of an infinitely darker nature

Through two New York Times bestselling novels Odd Thomas has established himself as one of the most beloved and unique fictional heroes of our time. Now, wielding all the power and magic of a master storyteller at the pinnacle of his craft, Dean Koontz follows Odd into a singular new world where he hopes to make a fresh beginning—but where he will meet an adversary as old and inexorable as time itself.

St. Bartholomew’s Abbey sits in majestic solitude amid the wild peaks of California’s high Sierra, a haven for children otherwise abandoned, and a sanctuary for those seeking insight. Odd Thomas has come here to learn to live fully again, and among the eccentric monks, their other guests, and the nuns and young students of the attached convent school, he has begun to find his way. The silent spirits of the dead who visited him in his earlier life are mercifully absent, save for the bell-ringing Brother Constantine and Odd’s steady companion, the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

But trouble has a way of finding Odd Thomas, and it slinks back onto his path in the form of the sinister bodachs he has met previously, the black shades who herald death and disaster, and who come late one December night to hover above the abbey’s most precious charges. For Odd is about to face an enemy who eclipses any he has yet encountered, as he embarks on a journey of mystery, wonder, and sheer suspense that surpasses all that has come before.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:34 -0400)

Leaving Pico Mundo, the small desert town in which he has spent his life, Odd Thomas, a hero who lives between the living and the dead, seeks the peaceful solitude of an isolated monastery high in the western mountains, but he soon finds himself confronting an evil killer stalking the ancient, holy halls of his sanctuary.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,468,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible