Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

Because of Mr. Terupt

by Rob Buyea

Narrated by Mike Chamberlain and Arielle DeLisle. Mr. Terupt is a new 5th grade teacher who comes to have a big impact on his students, especially after a horrible accident. The kids come off as far too self-aware in their emotional intelligence with lines such as "we chose to be invisible around Peter" and "if you don't know the reason (why something happens) how is it your fault?" And the moral of the story is: a bit too obvious! Chamberlain and DeLisle's voicework is appropriately young but at times it is hard to differentiate which character is speaking. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
I'd give this book more stars if I were its audience...I'm not. Young adults, especially those between the ages of 10-12 will enjoy this book and likely walk away having learned some things.

Great characterization. Readers will come to know these students, learn what makes them tick and see them change.
Good story for examining point of view.

The one thing that irked me was the Dollar Word references that continued the whole book. When things got serious it seemed out of place.

RalphLagana | Jan 23, 2016 |
This is a sweet, warm-hearted book about a young teacher who inspires his young students to be better people, people who are caring, forgiving and empathy. The students are delightful. They are all different, with their own set of issues, and I thought it was a great idea having the story told from their various perspectives. I just hope that all children have the pleasure of being taught by at least one Mr/Ms Terupt during their schooling - a teacher who cares for the individual and not just the curriculum. This book shows that teachers can make a real difference in their students' lives. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 038573882X, Hardcover)

It’s the start of fifth grade for seven kids at Snow Hill School. There’s . . . Jessica, the new girl, smart and perceptive, who’s having a hard time fitting in; Alexia, a bully, your friend one second, your enemy the next; Peter, class prankster and troublemaker; Luke, the brain; Danielle, who never stands up for herself; shy Anna, whose home situation makes her an outcast; and Jeffrey, who hates school.

Only Mr. Terupt, their new and energetic teacher, seems to know how to deal with them all. He makes the classroom a fun place, even if he doesn’t let them get away with much . . . until the snowy winter day when an accident changes everything—and everyone.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:21 -0400)

Seven fifth-graders at Snow Hill School in Connecticut relate how their lives are changed for the better by "rookie teacher" Mr. Terupt.

45 wanted2 pay3 pay

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 102,985,198 books! | Top bar: Always visible