Robot Dreams by Sara Varon

Robot Dreams (edition 2007)

by Sara Varon, Sara Varon (Illustrator)

Title:Robot Dreams
Authors:Sara Varon
Other authors:Sara Varon (Illustrator)
Info:First Second (2007), Edition: 1st, Paperback, 208 pages
Tags:graphic novels

Robot Dreams by Sara Varon

This sentimental, surprising, and humorous graphic novel reminds us that we need to take care of our friends, and that sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances and changes in our lives, those friends may move on but will always be in our hearts. ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
A dog wants a robot to hang out with. But when he leaves the robot on a beach the robot has bad thoughts. This wordless book allows you to put words in what you think they say. I would recommend this book to comic lovers. ( )
  RajuR16 | Oct 14, 2015 |
Wow...I loved this book. It always surprises me how I can read a wordless picture book, even though there are no words.This is so great I almost don't want to write a review about it, because I do not want to spoil the ending for anyone.I'll do my best reviewing without spoiling the ending. This book deals with relationships. The main relationship in this book is about a robot and a dog. One day they go to the beach together and go for a swim. They tan all day, but the robot is stuck and cannot move...you may be reading this.(you ask yourself well what happens to the robot? What does the dog do?) Well JUST READ IT. ( )
  Sleco | Oct 6, 2015 |
Great illustrations! Good book to discuss repenting and thinking about your choices.
  cynalibo | Dec 7, 2014 |
This graphic novel uses its illustrations to tell a fantastical, but familiar story that will appeal to children and adults. The book begins with an anthropomorphised dog building a robot friend. They go to the beach together, but the robot rusts after swimming, and the dog leaves him lying on the beach. Over the course of a year, the dog copes with his guilt over leaving the robot, and the robot dreams of ways that he can get off of the beach. As the dog builds himself another robot, the robot is picked up, sold for scrap, and eventually made into a radio. In the end, both have new friends, but they have not forgotten about each other. There is no text, aside from the months of the year, but the cartoonish illustrations clearly tell the story. The art is a balance of heavy lines and pastel colors, and the robot’s dreams are done in sepia tones. The book begins and ends with small, single panels, giving the impression of fading in and out. Because there is no text, young readers need only to be able to infer the story from the illustrations. Adults will also enjoy the compelling narrative and unexpected detail. Robot Dreams is an excellent exploration of loss and healing that will appeal to any reader, young or old. Highly Recommended. Grade 4+. ( )
  kottenbrookk | Nov 26, 2014 |
Special thanks to my Mom, Maureen Panzera, & Tanya McKinnon

The enduring friendship between a dog and a robot is portrayed in this wordless graphic novel.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible