Hell's Corner by David Baldacci

Hell's Corner (edition 2010)

by David Baldacci

1,199426,684 (3.75)24
Member:IolantheWoulff
Title:Hell's Corner
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Grand Central (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover
Rating:***1/2

Hell's Corner by David Baldacci

English (41)  Spanish (1)  All languages (42)
David Baladacci writes another story that could insert itself directly into today's headlines. Thankfully he writes fiction but fiction at a page-turning, gripping pace in the midst of international espionage sharing details of weaponry, security and agencies but always keeping the focus on the personalities of each character within the Camel Club and the friendships that help us survive each day in the midst of questioning all that we perceive to be real. I would imagine that David Baladacci has some extraordinary friends.

I read the first book and not intentionally moved to Book Five. I will not miss the others in the series but sometimes it is a delight in itself not to have to read books in a series in order.
  Corduroy7 | Aug 6, 2014 |
This was a great mystery thriller. Very difficult to predict a solution to the mystery. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is the ending which did not make sense to me. It was 474 pages of gripping reading and the next 100 were average at best ( )
  Lynxear | Aug 2, 2014 |
Wow! I have given 5 stars for every single book of the 'Camel Club' series. And incredibly, this one trumps all the rest! Traitors, moles, double agents... So much smoke and mirrors, misdirection, red herrings in this political thriller.... and when you think you've been spun around enough times and that the plot will proceed with a little more straightaways and you can actually catch a breather... Wham! More surprises at every turn! Did I say 'turn'? I meant, flipped completely topsy turvy! Spectacular! ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
Enjoyable escapism , easy read. Baldacci is always good. ( )
  Joanne53 | May 24, 2014 |
Hell's Corner is about the war against terrorists using nano technology. The major new rookie here is Mary Chapman, who, had she not been a Brit, would surely be, at the end of the book, a member of the Camel Club. This book is the 35th that I'm giving a perfect score. About 13 % of my scores are 5/5. I'm fine with that. I'm at a crossroads. I can either read a slew of cozy mysteries, or experiment with historical fiction and supernatural books or Brad Thor books. The reason I may do nothing of the sort is David Baldacci. There are many books of his begging to be read. And he's good, very good indeed. I think I may read most of his books this year. He's that addicting. ( )
  Jiraiya | May 21, 2014 |
To Michelle
Twenty years of marriage and twenty books.
A ride of a lifetime with the woman I love.
Oliver Stone was counting seconds, an exercise that had always calmed him.

On the night of the State Dinner honouring the British Prime Minister, there is an explosion as the Prime Minister's motorcade leaves the White House. Oliver Stone witnesses the event. A bomb has been detonated in what looks like a terrorist plot directed at the President and the Prime Minister. In the aftermath, British MI-5 agent Mary Chapman, an experienced, lethal operative with an agenda of her own, is sent to assist and coordinate the investigation alongside American authorities. Stone, together with Harry Finn, Alex Ford, and the rest of the Camel Club, are drawn into the investigation. But everything is not what it appears to be, and what happened in the park may not have been the actual plan. It seems the mysterious attackers had another target in their sights, and it's up to the Camel Club to stop them, or face the catastrophic results.

"The mysterious attackers in a seeming terrorist plot in Washington, D.C., might have another target in their sights, and if the Camel Club is unable to stop them, the results would be nothing less than catastrophic"--Provided by publisher.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,283,927 books! | Top bar: Always visible