Hell's Corner by David Baldacci

Hell's Corner (edition 2010)

by David Baldacci

Member:IolantheWoulff
Title:Hell's Corner
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Grand Central (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover
Rating:***1/2

Hell's Corner by David Baldacci

Recently added byarena555, tn.t.tn, private library, jodiesohl, theflash, pcamaas, Ray.Howard, Evansville, JimGoldfinger

English (48)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (50)
couldn't drop the book. fast paced and lots of govt depts involved -] typical camel club traits :-)
must read for camel club fans ( )
  _RSK | Jan 26, 2016 |
Book 5 in the Camel Club, another fast paced read but again the plot is unbelievably complicated and does stretch credibility. ( )
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |
Well, a big disappointment. I loved the first 3 in the Camel Club series, and I love the Oliver Stone / John Carr character, but this one was a big letdown. It just didn't feel like the author's heart was in it. Loose ends coming together in ways so implausible it made me want to stop several times. The "cliche" factor was incredibly high in this one, to the point where it was impossible to really identify with any of the characters. I need characters that are plausible and believable enough to identify with, and when they start straying too far from the nature of folks in our culture, I can no longer identify with them.

Again, I'm a big fan of the Camel Club series, and if I had it to do over, I'd skip this one completely, and hope for a better one next time. ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |
Nice mystery to listen to while exercising. Rather frightening if the concept of "nanobots" is actually a posibility. ( )
  TheresaCIncinnati | Aug 17, 2015 |
This latest installment in the Camel club series reunites Oliver (aka John Carr) and his Camel Club cronies in a new adventure that begins with a bomb set off during a tree planting in front of the White House. Partnering with Oliver in this adventure is Mary Chapman from British Intelligence. The usual twists, turns and interesting characters keep the story moving along at a nice brisk pace and, without spoiling anything, the end is quite a shocker.

I did enjoy this book, but personally, with Oliver out of the closet so to speak, I feel the Camel Club has lost a little of what made it charming in the earlier books.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
To Michelle
Twenty years of marriage and twenty books.
A ride of a lifetime with the woman I love.
Oliver Stone was counting seconds, an exercise that had always calmed him.

On the night of the State Dinner honouring the British Prime Minister, there is an explosion as the Prime Minister's motorcade leaves the White House. Oliver Stone witnesses the event. A bomb has been detonated in what looks like a terrorist plot directed at the President and the Prime Minister. In the aftermath, British MI-5 agent Mary Chapman, an experienced, lethal operative with an agenda of her own, is sent to assist and coordinate the investigation alongside American authorities. Stone, together with Harry Finn, Alex Ford, and the rest of the Camel Club, are drawn into the investigation. But everything is not what it appears to be, and what happened in the park may not have been the actual plan. It seems the mysterious attackers had another target in their sights, and it's up to the Camel Club to stop them, or face the catastrophic results.

"The mysterious attackers in a seeming terrorist plot in Washington, D.C., might have another target in their sights, and if the Camel Club is unable to stop them, the results would be nothing less than catastrophic"--Provided by publisher.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,836,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible