How Rocket learned to read by Tad Hills

How Rocket learned to read (2010)

by Tad Hills

We read this a while back and enjoyed it. I was excited to find a copy at the thrift store today which I snagged for my little guy who likes Rocket a lot and is starting to recognize words! Great story! ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
So cute!!! ( )
  Fjola | Apr 23, 2015 |
Rocket, is a little dog who accidentally takes a nap under a a little birds sign that says, “class starts today.” When Rocket tells the little bird that he can’t read, the little bird enthusiastically tells the dog that she can be his teacher until the weather changes, and she does. While little bird leaves in the winter, Rocket continues to practice his new found skill to read, and when spring returns, he eagerly returns to his reading lessons with the little bird.
  kacieholt | Mar 28, 2015 |
Chirp the bird helps Rocket learn how to read by teaching him letter by letter, i think this is a great book for beginners in pre kindergarten because every kid has a tough time with them and they have to learn how to spell so its something that can be used even in 1st grade I think. I think the bird having to leave for fall and winter left Rocket to his own new found knowledge to spell letters out in the snow while he waited. It is a heart warming story.
  josephumana | Mar 15, 2015 |
This is a sweet book, the demonstrates a good lesson for children. The process of developing an interest in reading is illustrated with colorful pictures of a animals!
  noah23 | Mar 15, 2015 |

About a dog named Rocket and how he learns to read. He is a little against it at first, but a great story about bone hidden gets his attention. I thought this was fun read, the art was good. It would serve a great purpose in a classroom teaching kids how to read. Rocket is a great example of how a student learns and how they need to practice on their own.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375858997, Hardcover)

Look Inside How Rocket Learned to Read
Sounding Out the Words
Spring Has Returned
Reading Together
View larger

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:40 -0400)

A little yellow bird teaches Rocket the dog how to read by first introducing him to the "wondrous, mighty, gorgeous alphabet."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,955,186 books! | Top bar: Always visible