The Winner by David Baldacci

The Winner (original 1997; edition 2018)

by David Baldacci (Author)

Member:gogglemiss
Title:The Winner
Authors:David Baldacci (Author)
Info:Pan (2018), 592 pages
Collections:2019, Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:crime fiction, mystery, suspense, lottery, FBI

The Winner by David Baldacci (1997)

English (52)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (56)
Enjoyed it a lot. It had a completely unexpected ending! ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
Excerpts from my original GR review (Apr 2009):
- Kept me engaged through 625 pg paperback. LuAnn is an impressively drawn character. The "evil genius" of the story is creepy, seemingly omniscient. This was my first Baldacci, have read him since and will probably again. A good summer read. ( )
  ThoughtPolice | May 1, 2018 |
David said this is one of his 5 best novels. ( )
  RodgerA | Dec 29, 2017 |
[no review]

THE DREAM
She is twenty, beautiful, dirt-poor, and hoping for a better life for her infant daughter when LuAnn Tyler is offered the gift of a lifetime, a $100 million lottery jackpot. All she has to do is change her identity and leave the U.S. forever.

THE KILLER
It's an offer she dares to refuse...until violence forces her hand and thrusts her into a harrowing game of high-stakes, big-money subterfuge. It's a price she won't fully pay...until she does the unthinkable and breaks the promise that made her rich.

THE WINNER
For if LuAnn Tyler comes home, she will be pitted against the deadliest contestant of all: the chameleonlike financial mastermind who changed her life. And who can take it away at will...
  christinejoseph | Jun 29, 2016 |
READ IN DUTCH

It was the first book I read by David Baldacci, and I must admit I liked it. I thought it to be interesting to read and original. Some parts were not really realistic, but it didn't really seem to matter in this book. I liked it, I would even recommend it. And it made me buy another book by Baldacci, which I still need to read sometime.
O, wish we had more time to read, but I guess I'm not alone... ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
To Collin, my buddy, my boy, my son
Jackson studied the shopping mall's long corridor, noting haggard mothers piloting loaded strollers and the senior citizens group walking the mall both for exercise and conversation.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446606324, Mass Market Paperback)

THE DREAM

THE KILLER

THE WINNER

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:22 -0400)

When LuAnn Tyler is asked to be part of a crooked lottery scheme, she refuses, even though it would mean millions of dollars. But when she is framed for murder, the frightened single mother is forced to participate. Ten years later she has become a wealthy woman determined to live a normal life. But it will take more than money to escape the attention of the FBI who may want her for murder, and the dangerous man from her past who wants to kill her--if she doesn't stop him first.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,510,154 books! | Top bar: Always visible