The Camel Club by David Baldacci

The Camel Club (2005)

by David Baldacci

Series: The Camel Club (1)

English (93)  Dutch (2)  Swedish (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All (99)
Four eccentric members of a Washington, D.C., club examine conspiracy theories until they witness a shocking murder and become embroiled in an astounding conspiracy themselves.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Mar 10, 2017 |
This book had so much going on and so many characters. I started getting confused about who was on which side. It seemed like everyone was bad. I liked the times when the Camel Club met up and conversed. I'll continue the series to see what they get up to next. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
A group of older men with ties to various government and/or military agencies unite to solve a conspiracy that no one believes in until it's almost too late. This is what I call "beach reads for men" or "dude lit" (like, as opposed to "chick lit" get it?) This stuff is no more realistic than your average romance novel, but somehow gets treated with much, much more gravitas? Oh, well. The characters, especially the Camel Club themselves, were entertaining and the plot was suspenseful. A quick read even considering the relatively large amount of pages.
  EmScape | Sep 19, 2016 |
This was an extremely well-written and well thought out book. Baldacci was very thorough in describing events and situations so you could easily visualize what was happening while you were reading. The only reason I rated this book so low (originally 2 stars) is simply because of my lack of interest. I just don't enjoy reading political thrillers. What bumped this up to a 3 star rating, however, was the wonderful cast of characters. The Camel Club members were a wonderful ragtag group with loads of personal problems. Baldacci described these characters down to the shifty pants" and OCD tics. These guys cracked me up and I did enjoy seeing them win the day." ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionscalculated
Marjamäki, PekkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This novel is dedicated to the men and women of the United States Secret Service.
And to Larry Kirshbaum, a first-rate editor, a great publisher, and a wonderful friend.
The Chevy Suburban sped down the road, enveloped by the hushed darkness of the Virginia country-side.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446615625, Mass Market Paperback)

Conspiracy theories--everybody has one. The difference with this conspiracy is that it's all too real. David Baldacci's The Camel Club takes readers inside the Beltway as four unlikely misfits struggle not only to survive, but to save their president and their country from a plot that will lead to nuclear disaster.

Bestselling Baldacci

Last Man Standing
The Winner
Total Control
The Simple Truth
Absolute Power
Saving Faith

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:21 -0400)

The Camel Club is a four-man group of Washington, D.C. misfits, that meet weekly to discuss political conspiracies they believe exist and what actions they might take. One night club members witness the murder of Secret Service employee Patrick Johnson, thus thrusting the wacky crew into the middle of a bigger conspiracy than they could ever have imagined.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,760,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible