The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel by…

The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Diana Gabaldon, Hoang Nguyen (Illustrator)

Member:WPrice
Title:The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel
Authors:Diana Gabaldon
Other authors:Hoang Nguyen (Illustrator)
Info:Del Rey (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 224 pages
Tags:Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Outlander

The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel by Diana Gabaldon (2010)

This scraped by with four, because I like the series, and this format.

Full review pending... ( )
  LT_Ammar | Feb 11, 2016 |
Nice seeing what the author thinks Jaime and Claire look like. Also a fun, different look at the series I've been following since the beginning. I'll look for more of these. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I love the Outlander story so it was I thought I would love this, I didn't. It was disjointed and was difficult to follow. The art work was like a period painting and fit the story well. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
My first graphic novel. I can't say it made me a fan of the genre, but for Gabaldon fans it's an interesting one-sitting diversion. ( )
  Gingermama | Jan 24, 2016 |
I guess the graphic novel thing isn't really for me, but it was a quickie recap of the story I know. I actually had a hard time distinguishing characters by drawing because every guy who wasn't Jamie (or Colum...) looked the same...so much that I found it distracting. I also didn't find any surprises in seeing from Jamie's POV. ( )
  ER1116 | Jan 13, 2016 |

Diana Gabaldonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nguyen, HoangIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

To Del Connell, a true gent with a sense of humor.
Well, you've taken long enough about it, lad!

Graphic novel which tells a portion of Outlander/Cross-Stitch from Jamie's point of view.

"After too long an absence, Jamie Fraser is coming home to Scotland but not without great trepidation. Though his beloved godfather, Murtagh, promised Jamie's late parents he'd watch over their brash son, making good on that vow will be no easy task. There's already a fat bounty on the young exile's head, courtesy of Captain Black Jack Randall, the sadistic British officer who's crossed paths and swords with Jamie in the past. And in the court of the mighty MacKenzie clan, Jamie is a pawn in the power struggle between his uncles: aging chieftain Colum, who demands his nephew's loyalty or his life, and Dougal, war chieftain of Clan MacKenzie, who'd sooner see Jamie put to the sword than anointed Colum's heir."--Amazon.com.… (more)

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,226,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible