Stars Beneath Your Bed: The Surprising Story…

Stars Beneath Your Bed: The Surprising Story of Dust (original 2005; edition 2005)

by April Pulley Sayre, Ann Jonas (Illustrator)

119None100,566 (4.16)None
Member:kredlove
Title:Stars Beneath Your Bed: The Surprising Story of Dust
Authors:April Pulley Sayre
Other authors:Ann Jonas (Illustrator)
Info:Greenwillow Books (2005), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:Children's Picture Book

Stars Beneath Your Bed: The Surprising Story of Dust by April Pulley Sayre (2005)

Great.
I like how the information and details of actual dust was explained after the main text of the book. The information was useful and necessary but placed as a final conclusion that did help promote the overall usefulness of the book. The book itself is visually stunning and colorful. Very inviting to the eyes and maintains a dominance over each page. In contrast to the size of the subject matter, the artwork is beautiful and appropriate. A nice take on size and theme. The book was a mini-travel to exotic locales and home; ultimatelya great guide for picture book reading.
  cpwpsu | Mar 16, 2014 |
I really appreciate children's informational books. I think it would be a great idea for Google or Wikipedia to suggest a children's informational book when appropriate to a question or subject matter.

By reading this I learned that"each rain drop needs a piece of
dust to form." The illustrations keep the reader interested. The text is a bit poetic yet informative. I do not like the design of the text when it is type set to the right. It's confusing.

The last pages are filled with the dense scientific description an adult needs when answering all of the children's questions about dust. Dust is fascinating. When the sun hits a window just right I still find myself zoning off and following tiny dust particles. it's kind of relaxing. ( )
  Kathryn_Sommer | Jun 23, 2013 |
This explanation of dust couldn't have been much simpler or more clearly presented. It was interesting. I didn't truly appreciate the role dust plays in our lives before I read this. Now, I am very much aware and extremely impressed. A highly recommended read for anyone on Earth. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
I picked this book because it is about dust. My name is Dusty so I felt it was a perfect story for me. I enjoyed learning about dust, and I feel this story could be used for any age group to teach a tidbit of science during a read aloud, or during a lesson. I enjoyed that the author provided background information on dust in the back of the book. I guess I never thought about dust being everywhere, but I have always know dust made the sky appear different colors. I think this book could promote research of wind, sun, sky, and dust. The story has great pictures. I enjoyed how the images in Egypt had shadows shaped like Dinosaurs. The story of dust is suprising. I would simply read this book to my class every year, because it's my name, but I know others could read it for the science and artistic value it posesses. ( )
  dlow | Feb 17, 2013 |
Promotes discovery and wonder. ( )
  kredlove | Dec 5, 2012 |
For Donnie and Andrea Rogers, friend who have blessed our lives. – A.P.S.
For Jack and Gus – A.J.
At sunrise, the sun, low in the sky, peeks through dusty air.
Dust is made everywhere, every day. A flower drops pollen. A dog shakes dirt from its fur. A butterfly flutters, and scales fall off its wings.

What is dust?

But it's the secret
behind one of the
largest, most colorful
sights on earth.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:11 -0400)

Explains the origins of dust, what dust is, and how dust shows up in the world.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,503,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible