Solitary: Escape from Furnace 2 by Alexander…

Solitary: Escape from Furnace 2

by Alexander Gordon Smith

2142054,496 (3.84)1

Solitary by Alexander Gordon Smith is a very good book . it is about a boy who iwas framed for murdering his best frien,and is sent to furnace . Furnace is the most cruel place you will ever hear of . The story of alex and his friends and how they survive it is a rollercoaster .It is the second book in the series, and what I really like is how the second book picks up exactly where the first left off. Usually in other series i have read there is a big gap between where one book ends and another starts off. I really like this you will never be left hanging at the end of a book in this series.

This book throws your spirits up high and then completely destroys them throughout the whole book. If you read this you will get frustrated and for short bits of time you will be happy. the book is very descriptive and it never leaves holes in the story. The book is some what predictable but that doesn't mean it is a bad book this is one of the best books i have ever read.

Anyone who is into thrillers should read this book, you will be on the edge of your seat the whole time you read it. THe book is never boring there are many times where you are blown away by what the characters are able to do. Everyone should read this book
  br14mabu | Jun 5, 2014 |
This book was as good as the first. In this book Alex is caught escaping with zee and try's to escape.
Soon the meet someone who is not exactly normal. His name is Simon and he was taken to the infirmary and mutated by the gas masks. I don't want to give much more away. This book is defiantly worth reading. ( )
  br14zape | Mar 17, 2014 |
This is the second book in the ‘Escape from Furnace’ series. In this book, Alex and Zee get out of gen-pop (general population, aka the prison) but end up underground in a huge cave. They gets caught and put in ‘solitary confinement’ for a month. They meet a guy named Simon who was experimented on and so one of his arms is really big. He breaks them out of their confinement and they try to get out through a hole in the celing. That doesn’t work and they get caught. Alex gets experimented on and he turns into a black suit.

Like I said in the last book I really love this series! I would rate it a 4 ½ because it wasn’t as good as the first but I still liked it. I think this book had a little more action in it. But then again this book was kind of predictable. Since the first book, you knew someone was going to be turned into a black suit. Some of the twists or adventures in the book leave me re-reading it over again to see if it really happened. Like I said in the last review, I would recommend this book! ( )
  AlexaP.B3 | Mar 17, 2014 |
How do we deal with our fears? Should we really be afraid? Is it possible that inmates are dealt a raw hand? ( )
  TeamDewey | Feb 17, 2014 |
Alex and his buddies have attempted the unimaginable - they've found a way to break out from the horrible underground prison known as "Furnace." But more challenges quickly present themselves, the black suits capture the escapees, and Alex is tested even further when he and Zee are thrown into "Solitary", prison cells built small, totally dark and far away from the regular prison level. But not everything is as bleak as it first appears - once again, Alexander Gordon Smith takes his readers on a roller coaster ride of surprises- new characters- and plot twists. Spoiler alert: the ending of this book turns out to be grimmer than most readers expect... ( )
  BDartnall | Jan 12, 2014 |
For everyone who is dying for the second book to come out....the titled is said to be released on December 21, 2010! Yay!
added by tearsXsolitude | editgoogle

Beneath heaven is hell. Beneath hell is Furnace.
TO DAD, the architect of, and the inspiration for, so much of what is good in my life. I told you this was a proper job!
I have a confession.

Imprisoned for a murder he did not commit, fourteen-year-old Alex Sawyer thinks that he has escaped the hellish Furnace Penitentiary, but instead he winds up in solitary confinement, where new horrors await him.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,463,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible