The Broken Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin

The Broken Kingdoms (edition 2010)

by N.K. Jemisin

8455110,659 (4)99
Title:The Broken Kingdoms
Authors:N.K. Jemisin
Info:Orbit (2010), Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Read, BOX10

The Broken Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin

Oree Shoth is a blind artist, who can see magic, this allows her to see gods and godlings as well. In this world Godlings are second generation gods, while Demons are the product of gods or godlings and humans. Oree lives in the city of Shadow, beneath the world tree where magic and godlings are suddenly common, after changes have happened in the world. For years the godlings were exiled, but now they're back and it's complicated.

Then Oree stumbles over the body of a godling someone is killing them and for an immortal that's important. Now she's a suspect and she has to solve the murders to survive.

And every step brings more complications.

I loved this, found it fascinating and wanted more. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Oct 10, 2016 |
While I enjoyed it, this lacked the punch of the first book in the trilogy. The world was still enjoyable but the characters just didn’t do it for me. ( )
  TadAD | Aug 5, 2016 |
I liked the first one better, but this wasn't bad. ( )
  adamwolf | Jun 7, 2016 |
See the complete review posted on Book Frivolity. Check out other Fantasy and Historical Fiction ruminations there as well! I actually read this the first time a few years ago, but I felt the need to revisit Jemisin’s works. She always inspires me when I'm in a creative writing slump, due to her immense ability to create such unique world's and characters. She plucks out the most terrifying prospects for a writer, (in this instance, the main protagonist being blind) and makes them work to her advantage.

I admire her and I admire her work, and I would buy copies for all my aspiring fantasy author friends, if somebody simply gave me the money to do so.. (hey, I'm not Oprah ok!?). ( )
  BookFrivolity | Apr 23, 2016 |
I enjoyed the second book as much as the first. This is the first time in a long time that I'm finishing one book and immediately moving onto the next in the series. I usually take a little break and go back to the next book a little later. ( )
  Traciinaz | Mar 17, 2016 |

Jemisin, N. K.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Freeman, CasaundraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I remember that it was midmorning.

After a band of killers begins murdering godlings, blind artist Oree Shoth wonders if her recent guest is at the heart of it, his presence putting her in danger.

N. K. Jemisin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

143 wanted3 pay6 pay

Orbit Books

2 editions of this book were published by Orbit Books.

Editions: 0316043966, 0316043958

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,824,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible