Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF by April…

Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF

by April Winchell

77None157,207 (4.08)2
2010 (2) art (1) arts and crafts (2) bad crafts (2) blog (3) crafts (12) DIY (4) etsy (4) funny (1) geekery (1) gift (1) humor (19) internet (4) large paperback (1) lol (1) Miscellaneous (1) NF (1) non-fiction (11) partially read (1) read (1) regret (1) signed (2) snark (1) to-read (3) unread (1) wacky (1) want (1) weird (1) wtf (1) YA (1)

It's a blog, no- it's a book! It's a blog in a book. This one works. The introductions to each chapter are snarky and warm at the same time. Winchell's voice is very strong and reading her intros made me smile. The crafts themselves are... well, there just aren't words to cover all of them. Winchell's commentary on the crafts is hilarious. My favorite part, though, was the end, where the crafters got to speak their pieces.

Highly recommended for the snarky and the crafty and the thick-skinned. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Funny!
Especially the sock monkey on p. 45, the rabbit on p. 47, and the nativity meerkats on p. 126. ( )
  JennyArch | Apr 3, 2013 |
I had not been familiar with Regretsy, April Winchell's website devoted to chronicling the weirdness of Etsy, where the Internet sells its arts and crafts. Quite a humorous little book, and it sparked me to bookmark the site. I've purchased a few things from Etsy over the years and have always been pleased with my purchases, but there are certainly a lot of odd things out there and April Winchell has a really witty writing style that suits the bizarre, kooky, and "unique" crafts sold on the website. The reader responses from Etsy buyers and sellers included at the end was particularly fun. Of course, the book only offers a smidgeon of the content available online, and I am glad I picked it up at a library book sale. ( )
  Spoonbridge | Aug 28, 2012 |
Regretsy, you either love it or hate it! If you love it, you will love the book, especially Winchell's section introductions and comments on every piece. The book is basically a sampling of the things you find on Regretsy. Regretsy is a humorous website poking fun of weird handmade things you find on Etsy. Please don't be offended...I'm in the book! ( )
  elleayess | May 19, 2010 |

HANDMADE? IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MADE IT WITH YOUR FEET.

A chicken poncho. A painting of a corn dog. A clock made out of an old “mostly clean” cheese grater. All this and more await you in the pages of Regretsy, a veritable sideshow of handcrafts gone wrong. Based on the eponymous hit blog and arranged in categories such as Décor, Pet Humiliation, and Christmas, Regretsy showcases the best of the worst, ranging from the hilariously absurd to the purely horrifying. Each page of this jaw-dropping volume features the actual seller’s online listing with a light coat of snarky commentary to give it a good shellacking. So join us as we descend into handmade hell and gawk, gasp, and marvel at the disturbingly odd artifacts that Regretsy has collected for your viewing pleasure, proving that you can never have too much of a bad thing.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:33 -0400)

Showcases the best of the worst handicraft, in categories such as decor, pet humiliation, and Christmas. Based on the blog of the same name.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,485,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible