Mortuarium by Patricia Cornwell

Mortuarium (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Patricia Cornwell, Carla Benink (Translator), Gerda Wolfswinkel (Translator), Olaf Brenninkmeijer (Translator)

Member:renesl
Title:Mortuarium
Authors:Patricia Cornwell
Other authors:Carla Benink (Translator), Gerda Wolfswinkel (Translator), Olaf Brenninkmeijer (Translator)
Info:Amsterdam Luitingh-Sijthoff cop. 2010
Rating:***
Tags:thriller

Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell (Author) (2010)

English (36)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (38)
I love the Scarpetta novels. I enjoy the character as well of the style of writing. ( )
  jenwdwrd | Oct 27, 2013 |
  cmakny | Aug 14, 2013 |
Medical examiner Kay Scarpetta returns from a year long educational tour with the United States medical examiner's office to find her Cambridge0based medical examiner office in utter confusion and complete disarray. It appears her second in command led the place near to the brink of disaster and she is left to pick up the pieces.
Cornwell's novels still aren't what they used to be. In this one she returns to her earlier format of first person, present tense. While present tense does not bother me, I no longer enjoy first person. The story once again hits close to home as the killer or killers is after one of her own. The ending isn't very satisfying. And it's too long for a novel. ( )
  FMRox | Jun 17, 2013 |
Nice to read a Scarpetta in the old style. The later ones were more weird than good. This book is back to basics. The story that originally hooked us as readers . ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 26, 2013 |
Halfway through this book I was banging my head against the wall--come on, get on with the story. Then, it dawned on me (duh) that we were supposed to be feeling Kay's angst, her confusion, guilt and fear and a premonition about the horrors to come. After I realized this, the book was better for me, but still not my favorite Cornwell novel. ( )
  dragonflydee1 | Apr 3, 2013 |

Cornwell, PatriciaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Staci
You have to live with me
while I live it~
Inside the changing room for female staff, I toss soiled scrubs into a biohazard hamper and strip off the rest of my clothes and medical clogs. I wonder if Col. Scarpetta stenciled in black on my locker will be removed the minute I return to New England in the morning. The thought hadn't entered my mind before now, and it bothers me. A part of me doesn't want to leave this place.

When Scarpetta examines a young man's body, she discovers stunning indications that he may have been alive when he was zipped inside a pouch and locked inside the cooler of her new Cambridge Forensic Center in Massachusetts. Various 3-D radiology scans reveal more shocking details about internal injuries unlike any Scarpetta has ever seen. These suggest the possibility of a conspiracy to cause mass casualties, and she races against time to discover who and why before more people die.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,552,568 books! | Top bar: Always visible