Dog Blood by David Moody

Dog Blood

by David Moody

Series: Hater (2)

Accidently read this before Hater and really liked it. When I went back and read Hater I was pretty disappointed. Glad I started in the middle with this particular series. ( )
  wolfeyluvr | Jun 22, 2016 |
Soooo much better than Hater! Kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more! ( )
  kosana | Jan 21, 2016 |
Soooo much better than Hater! Kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more! ( )
  kosana | Jan 21, 2016 |
Great novel - without coming out and saying what is going on the concent is great to make you use your own imagination to figure out what is going on and how it could possibly be something that could happen tomorrow and not even know it! Good series of books! ( )
  rayneofdarkness | Feb 2, 2013 |
I didn't find it nearly as gory or obnoxious as the first book (where the main character had such a big chip on his shoulder I was surprised he could still walk).

The entire book is focused on Danny finding his daughter (who, by the way, he wanted nothing to do with in book one because his life sucked so bad and the wife and kids were a pain to him, etc). And that's it for plot. There is a tiny bit of suspense when it looks like Danny might be being used as a research subject for "treatment" of Haters, but, nope, this doesn't pan out to be anything, other than a set up for Danny to wreak havoc as part of a terrorist cell.

And, I'm sorry, the virus (whatever it is) that makes people Haters, will not be empowering a 5 year old girl in such a way that she can take down MULTIPLE fully armed and armored soldiers with her bare hands and BABY TEETH... she's five... she won't even have proper teeth at this age, or all of them... what's she biting with? her milk teeth? yeah, uh-huh...

If someone drops off a copy of the next book in the series, I'd put it on my reading list... but I certainly wouldn't buy it, and probably wouldn't walk to the library to borrow it. ( )
  crazybatcow | Jan 15, 2013 |
The cause of the Hate (as it had come to be known on both sides of the uneven divide) was irrelevant.

On the heels of Patient Zero and Pride and Prejudice with Zombies— the electrifying sequel to Hater where humanity fights itself to the death against a backdrop of ultimate apocalyptic destruction

The Earth has been torn into two parts by an irreversible division. Whether due to nature, or the unknown depths of the mind itself, everyone is now either Human or Hater. Victim or killer. Governments have fallen, command structures have collapsed, and relationships have crumbled. Major cities have become refugee camps where human survivors cower together in fear. Amidst this indiscriminate carnage, Danny McCoyne is on a mission to find his daughter Ellis, convinced that her shared Hater condition means her allegiance is to people like him. Free of inhibitions, unrestricted by memories of peace, and driven by instinct, children are pure Haters, and may well define the future of the Hater race. But, as McCoyne makes his way into the heart of human territory, an incident on the battlefield sets in place an unexpected chain of events, forcing him to question everything he believes he knows about the new order that has arisen, and the dynamic of the Hate itself.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:46 -0400)

In a post-apocalyptic world divided into the camps of Humans and Haters, Danny McCoyne embarks on a desperate mission to locate his missing daughter, an effort challenged by an unexpected chain of events.

David Moody is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,844,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible