Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns…

Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!

by Judith Durant

2011 (2) 2012 (1) 2013 (1) accessories (3) bags (1) book (2) crafting (2) crafts (16) crochet (6) crochet patterns (2) fiber (2) fiber arts (2) hats (2) Hobbies (2) knitting (87) knitting patterns (3) non-fiction (13) one skein (5) own (3) paperback (3) patterns (11) reference (3) scarves (2) shawls (2) sock (1) sock knitting (3) sock yarn (8) socks (10) to-read (2) yarn (2)

This pattern book contains a wide variety of items to make with sock yarn. Most are knitting patterns, but there are some crochet patterns too. ( )
  Pferdina | Mar 30, 2014 |

***Edited to add: I e-mailed the publisher to ask for copies of the corrected PDF's and they sent them. I still think it's an awful lot of errors but they seem to have corrected them in later editions and made the corrections available to download. I've given the book another star.***

Be sure to print out the four pages of pattern corrections and the four corrected PDF's before you make yourself crazy trying these patterns. Later editions of the book have been corrected and some but not all of the pattern and charts in my book are OK. Mistakes in 16 of the patterns seem a bit much to me. Corrections for the Swan Shawl can be found on Ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/swan-shawl-correct-chart-b I couldn't find the corrected charts for Gambit Unisex Scarf but there are written corrections so that should work.
  glitrbug | Jul 14, 2013 |
Loved this book! I've only checked it out from the library, but I think investing in my own copy would be wise. The patterns are clear and concise, as well as unique and beautiful. I think I'll be making the Hera Headband for myself, and a few of the doll clothes for my little sister. They are the perfect size for American Girl dolls. The back of the book provides information on each of the designers, including websites and blog URLs. I highly recommend this book to any knitter, but especially to those who have a growing "stash", and want some cute and clever ways to make use of it. ( )
  coffeeandknits | Jun 9, 2011 |
I have knit two projects from this book so far and they both turned out great. No errors in the pattern so I think maybe they realized that they needed to spend more time editing the patterns in this book. I have always liked the patterns in this series of books but found the errata frustrating at times. ( )
  friartuck1 | Dec 1, 2010 |

A veteran knitter presents patterns for projects that can be created using a single skein of sock yarn, including such items as baby clothes, scarves, hats, jewelry, bags, a dog sweater, and a lampshade.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,496,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible